Concerned

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jun 28, 2013
Would someone please tell me which 4th grade team at MCIS is the best ? I have heard that Mrs. Edwards team is the best, that the teachers on that team make learning fun for their students and do more with their students. I also have heard that Mrs. Piazza and Mrs. King are not very nice to deal with if you have questions or concerns about your child. This is a first for me and we have only lived here in Mercer Co. for a couple of years. Just honest advice please.
Truthfully

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Jun 28, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Would someone please tell me which 4th grade team at MCIS is the best ? I have heard that Mrs. Edwards team is the best, that the teachers on that team make learning fun for their students and do more with their students. I also have heard that Mrs. Piazza and Mrs. King are not very nice to deal with if you have questions or concerns about your child. This is a first for me and we have only lived here in Mercer Co. for a couple of years. Just honest advice please.
I have heard that either team has great teachers! My experience has been with Ms. Warren and that team. They are all good teachers and love the kids a lot and want them to do well.
A Knowledgeable Parent

Duluth, GA

#3 Jun 29, 2013
I don't know who you have been talking to, but Mrs. Piazza and Mrs. King are fantastic! They are both very helpful and you can tell that they really care about the kids. I have had both a nephew and a daughter go through MCES and they both loved Mrs. King. My daughter always talked about her as "the best teacher ever" even though math is not my daughter's strongest subject. I honestly can't say much about the other teachers, but don't let the person you talked to scare you away from two of the best teachers that Mercer County has to offer.
Really

Harrodsburg, KY

#4 Jun 30, 2013
A Knowledgeable Parent wrote:
I don't know who you have been talking to, but Mrs. Piazza and Mrs. King are fantastic! They are both very helpful and you can tell that they really care about the kids. I have had both a nephew and a daughter go through MCES and they both loved Mrs. King. My daughter always talked about her as "the best teacher ever" even though math is not my daughter's strongest subject. I honestly can't say much about the other teachers, but don't let the person you talked to scare you away from two of the best teachers that Mercer County has to offer.
your only half right. Mrs. King is great but Mrs. Piazza on the other hand is far from it.
Sophia

Harrodsburg, KY

#5 Jun 30, 2013
My understanding is that MCIS has two teams, red team, blue team, there are good and bad on both. Most of the popular parents request for their child/children be put on the red team, that is Mrs. Drakeford, Mrs. Edwards, Mr. Pridey and a new Mrs. Baker. I have heard that Mrs. Drakeford has a lot of pull with Mrs. Cobb and gets what she wants most of the time.??? I do know if you have a child with special needs do not put them in Mrs. Kings homeroom, she will not even speak to them, I'm not sure what is up with that, but I know this to be a fact. I would go with the red team. Also, stay involved and make visits often.
Just A Mom

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Jul 1, 2013
I hardly ever get on topix, but I did today and the post about 4th grade teachers caught my eye. First of all I think topix might be the wrong venue to find out about the schools or teachers. In most cases the only ones to post are those that want to complain about something. I actually have had children on each of the teams you are talking about. I don't have a complaint about either team. I found that both teams had good teachers and cared a lot about their students.
Masked Assassin

United States

#7 Jul 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text> your only half right. Mrs. King is great but Mrs. Piazza on the other hand is far from it.
I totally agree with this. Mrs. Piazza is lazy and is very hard to communicate with. Stay away from her if at all possible!
The rest of the teachers in this group are great!
Fifth grade mom

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 Jul 2, 2013
I just am floored at reading these posts. Anybody with any sense about them at all know who the 4th grade teachers to request for your child is. Good grades and a fun school year ask for Mrs. Drakeford, Mrs. Edwards and Ms. Warren. Stay away from Mrs. King, Mrs. Piazza, Mr. Pridey and Mrs. Flock, goodness, Mrs. Drakeford rocks and she takes time to talk to you about your child.
what i know

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Jul 8, 2013
I have had two kids in the mercer co school system and will have to say there is good and bad in all of the schools. you have some teachers that really do care about their students and then you have some that are just there for the pay check. if your job allows you to go through the week and have lunch with your child, don't be afraid to ask your child's teacher/teachers questions, make surprise visits, take part when things are going on at the school. if there is something that you don't like make it known, teachers are there to teach your child/children. what I have discovered is a lot of times if a teacher has an aide that aide does more than the teacher/teachers and get peanuts for pay. last thing if there is something that you and a teacher can't come to turns with go to the pric. if that don't help then go to Mr. Davis. Hope this helps.
Hmmm

United States

#10 Jul 8, 2013
"can't come to TERMS with" Argh.
my two cents

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2013
I have worked with both teams in a professional capacity. There are strengths and weaknesses of both teams. All the parents I have worked with in the last few years always were able to schedule times to meet with the parents if there were issues with their kids. As long as a parent and child do their parts as well, either team should be fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Wright 2 hr Contractor 28
Leslie Simpson and terry grin bins 4 hr Hows this 8
Jessica JJ crawley 4 hr truth 10
Apple market 4 hr about time 9
Dead Beat Mothers 6 hr Sad 1
marriage and engagements 8 hr RECCCoooon 10
Ren dealers and useres in H burg 8 hr I was told 7
More from around the web

Harrodsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE