Wondering

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Does anyone know Mrs. Bugg? Is she a good teacher? My child had a horrible teacher last year, so we're hoping for a better experience this year.
Gotcha

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

My childs experience with her wasn't a good one, even though I've heard she can be a good teacher. She doesn't seem to like to get involved and is very offensive when you ask questions about how your child is doing. She also seems to pick her favorites and if your child isn't a favorite she doesn't care about them. Then year started off pretty good last year and ended terrible. My son also had a horrible 2nd grade teacher and I have to say to start she seemed really nice, the more the school year went on she got worse. I also talked to several of my child's friend parents and they seemed to feel the same way I did. Btw who did your child have for 2nd grade?
Wondering

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

2nd grade was Mrs. Pendygraft, I also talked to some of the other parents and they had the same concerns as I had. I haven't heard good things about Mrs. Bugg and after the experience last year, I have to say I'm not looking forward to another uninvolved teacher.
Jasmine

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Mrs. Bugg held my daughter back. I had no idea until she whispered it to me at the Christmas party. She had no previous contacts, meetings or concerns about her. Her grades weren't great but never and F's. I feel like she doesn't like to interact with the parents very well. I was more than willing and if I would have known earlier I would have helped her more, etc.
Nobody

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

My child had her last year! She loved her. But,I am one of those parents who ask alot of questions. She didn't have much choice to keep me informed! If your concerned just email her once a week to keep in touch. She seemed good with all the kids in her class. I called alot too and she always returned my calls! I think you will have a wonderful experience with her. Just ask questions.
April

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

I and my son liked her. However, she and every other teacher in that school wants to diagnose him with ADHD and get him drugged up. That really pisses me off! My son had a lot going on in his life and I think the last thing he needs is adderrall!
two years ago

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

my child had her two years ago and i'm not sure what was going on with mrs.bugg, i'm thinking family problems but she just could not focus on her students that year. she will not talk to you unless you go to school at her planning time. depending on your child and their needs I would suggest talking to ms.charles about placement for your child.
Facts

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

I think it really depends on the parent also. You will notice that you got several different responses to your question. If you are an involved parent I am sure you will get the answers you have. You can not just assume your child is excelling. I suggest a once a week email or phone call to find out for yourself. One problem I see and hear is that parents send them to school and assume they are fine. Parents need to get more involved in their children's lives. If you go in with a negative attitude you will get negative answers. Communication is a key to success with your child's education.
Opposite Experience

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

My child had Mrs. Bugg a few years ago, and had a great experience with her. She still gives her hugs every time she sees her. I have nothing but good things to say about her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Harrodsburg Forum right now

Search the Harrodsburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Jill 146,226
john cochran 1 hr someone who knows 24
rip off 1 hr mel 7
skeeter reed 4 hr walker 5
Amanda Rankin 4 hr Slangin 27
Nancy Lawson 4 hr kiki 3
Cathy Hall 4 hr The real Cathy 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harrodsburg Jobs

•••