blood alcohol level
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
karen

Lebanon, KY

#1 May 15, 2013
So I read in the Lexington paper today that they are thinking about lowering the blood alcohol level to .08 to .05 what is everyone thoughts on this.
SNL

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 15, 2013
I'm ok with it. Decreasing the limit from .15 to .08 decreased drunk driving fatalities by over 50 percent. The fewer impaired drivers on the road, the better. Now if we could only find a way to convince drivers to put down their cell phones...
tim

Lebanon, KY

#3 May 15, 2013
I heard about this also...I understand the purpose of doing all of this...but really it has gotten to the point that my wife and I cant go to Lafonds have a nice dinner and a couple beers and worry about getting pulled over...so what is the point so even severing drinks in a restaurant anymore than...oh wait its called being greedy wanting that money.
missy

Lebanon, KY

#4 May 15, 2013
SNL wrote:
I'm ok with it. Decreasing the limit from .15 to .08 decreased drunk driving fatalities by over 50 percent. The fewer impaired drivers on the road, the better. Now if we could only find a way to convince drivers to put down their cell phones...
totally agree with you on everything.my daughter just got her license, I have told her I don't mind her her text or talking just pull over on the side of the road or a parking lot to do this,i can only pray she listens to what I have taught her.
Lorraine

Cleburne, TX

#5 May 15, 2013
Im all for it, and even zero tolerance. Get the drunks off the road. If you need it that bad, then you need alcohol counseling.Better yet, cut their damn balls off. That will stop it.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#6 May 15, 2013
tim wrote:
I heard about this also...I understand the purpose of doing all of this...but really it has gotten to the point that my wife and I cant go to Lafonds have a nice dinner and a couple beers and worry about getting pulled over...so what is the point so even severing drinks in a restaurant anymore than...oh wait its called being greedy wanting that money.
If two beers causes you to be such a bad driver that a cop would pull you over, then maybe you shouldn't drink.
chris

Lebanon, KY

#7 May 15, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
If two beers causes you to be such a bad driver that a cop would pull you over, then maybe you shouldn't drink.
not everyone is a big fat slob like u

Baltimore, Maryland

#8 May 15, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>not everyone is a big fat slob like u
I'm 6'2 and weigh about 210 pounds. I run about 30 miles a week. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
adam

Lebanon, KY

#9 May 16, 2013
you do realize One true digger that not every one is not as big as you are...im only 5'6 and weigh 156 pounds and yes it would only take about 5 or six beer and it would would give me a buzz...so you state was un called for.

Baltimore, Maryland

#10 May 16, 2013
adam wrote:
you do realize One true digger that not every one is not as big as you are...im only 5'6 and weigh 156 pounds and yes it would only take about 5 or six beer and it would would give me a buzz...so you state was un called for.
They said 2 beers. Again I say without shame, if you can't drink 2 beers without driving erratically then you don't need to be drinking.

It's not about how big you are how if what I say is called for, it's about protecting the lives of others.
SNL

Noblesville, IN

#11 May 16, 2013
tim wrote:
I don't think you'd have anything to worry about, Tim. If you're only having a couple of beers with dinner, keep in mind that the food will slow the absorption of alcohol into your bloodstream. If it becomes law, this would be more likely to affect bar patrons than restaurant patrons.
adam

Lebanon, KY

#12 May 16, 2013
sorry for the confusion...what im try to say is that .05 seems really low for anyone even if u do have a dinner...but really I have no clue about it, only time I do drink is about once a month when I come home from and want to relax from a stress week.also I think it all depends on what u are drinking..
WTF

Harrodsburg, KY

#13 May 16, 2013
Just another money making scam. From one of the most corrupt governments on the planet.
woohoo

United States

#14 May 16, 2013
Digger there is no way u run 30 miles a week you stay on topix way to much to do that
Charlie

Winchester, KY

#15 May 16, 2013
tim wrote:
No, it's called having a designated driver if you want to have a few drinks when you go out.

Baltimore, Maryland

#16 May 16, 2013
woohoo wrote:
Digger there is no way u run 30 miles a week you stay on topix way to much to do that
Not really. I run to the end of my road and back which is 4.25 miles. That takes me about 35-40 minutes. You can really cover much more ground than you think. Even walking at a steady pace will get you about 3 miles in an hour.

I think we can all find 35 minutes out of our day to exercise.
IMO

Liberty, KY

#17 May 17, 2013
.05 is pretty low. I ran upon a road block a few years back after having 2 beers about 30 minutes prior. I blew just under .08. Point being, it doesn't take much. I have a high tolerance and I'm 6'3"/240 lbs. Had it been .05, I would have gotten a DUI and I was in no way impaired.

Just my $.02.

Baltimore, Maryland

#18 May 17, 2013
IMO wrote:
.05 is pretty low. I ran upon a road block a few years back after having 2 beers about 30 minutes prior. I blew just under .08. Point being, it doesn't take much. I have a high tolerance and I'm 6'3"/240 lbs. Had it been .05, I would have gotten a DUI and I was in no way impaired.
Just my $.02.
That must have been a piss poor Breathalyzer, which is why you don't submit to roadside sobriety tests.

Keep in mind that beer is 6% alcohol when using the tool below.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/bloodalcolevelcalc....

(Now this is when you come back say that the "beers" were actually gigantic 36oz mugs which you chugged one after the other...)

Baltimore, Maryland

#19 May 17, 2013
Which, BTW, if you blow .05 you can still be arrested and charged with DUI. In order to be in the free and clear, you need to blow under .05.
man

United States

#20 May 17, 2013
Man digger u are so smart im just wounding is there anything you dont know you got to be the richest person i know cause your so smart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbians in Harrodsburg 1 hr Princes 1
I am now a Democrat 1 hr Martin Thespirit 3
Native American Web Page removed 1 hr Martin Thespirit 7
Facebook Republicans 2 hr Party of Lincoln 11
Mistreatment of Inmates at Northpoint Training ... (Nov '09) 4 hr Dude 58
Lou Hawes (Feb '11) 4 hr Mikitta 2
kay smith 6 hr curious 1

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance