rumpke using mafia tactics

rumpke using mafia tactics

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

Since: Mar 12

Winchester, KY

#1 Mar 15, 2012
It seems rumpke has decided to use thier driver to rummage through garbage at random looking for possible garbage from other residences. So if you share a pick up with a family member you will get a polite intimidating letter. This isn't sh!tcago, stand up now!
do huh

Richmond, KY

#2 Mar 16, 2012
big90 wrote:
It seems rumpke has decided to use thier driver to rummage through garbage at random looking for possible garbage from other residences. So if you share a pick up with a family member you will get a polite intimidating letter. This isn't sh!tcago, stand up now!
If this is going on, please call your magistrate or the county judge. Their contract is coming up soon.
duh

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2012
Your the one doing some thing illegal dumb a**
yopo

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2012
i luv it when they leave my cans in the middle of the driveway straddling the road...i have to stop and get out of my car on a dangerous part of 68...classy
call

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Mar 17, 2012
Having went through Rumpke's training, I know that this is against their policy. If this is happening call their customer service number and let them know. They will know who your driver is and can take care of this for you so it won't happen again.
nobama

Waco, KY

#6 Mar 17, 2012
Unless you're doing something wrong, why the hell do you care if they are playing in garbage?

Winchester, KY

#7 Mar 18, 2012
duh wrote:
Your the one doing some thing illegal dumb a**
. How is it illegal genius?
with you

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 Mar 19, 2012
I've noticed our driver doing this also, not once but twice already! And we don't even live close enough to anyone to make them think we are 'sharing' with neighbors.

I don't know if this something the company wants done or just a nosy trash man. It's not right, that's for sure.
Logic

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Mar 20, 2012
If you are sharing garbage collection with a neighbor or friend or whoever then it is theft of services. It would be the same as running a cable line to your neighbor so they got free service or so you could split the bill. Very simple, illegal. Plain and simple theft of services. One other thing, if your throwing items away the expectation of privacy is gone, so be sure and shred any important items.
BUT

United States

#10 Mar 20, 2012
Due to the fact that each house is provided with only one container, sometimes my neighbors and I will use eachothers can for the extra bag we couldn't fit in our own. We ALL pay for service so I see nothing illegal in that. If the driver wants to rummage through my trash, he can go right ahead.
wonder

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 Mar 20, 2012
I knew of 3 people that tried to get by with only paying for 1 service, they thought they could get by with it and they did for a while but they eventually got caught guess the garbage people werent as dumb as they thought they were!

United States

#12 Mar 22, 2012
If you remember the good ole days, before John Trisler was elected Judge Executive, there were no complaints. Everyone could choose who the wanted to pick up garbage, rates were cheap because of the competition. After he took office there was a problem all of a sudden, why? If you really want to answer that look at the rundown garage he bought in Salvisa and spent around 100k on to fix. He gave rumpled the bid, got his pocket lined and retired. It all happened very quickly and within several months. No one got screwed except for the people of Mercer County.
WELL

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Mar 24, 2012
I have to pay for trash on my water bill every month wether i have any or not is it the same in the county and does rumpke run both?
Question

Paris, KY

#14 Mar 26, 2012
Is this the same letter that went around in Burgin? I can't remember who does our garbage pick up. Residents here got a letter stating that our trash would be searched and we were responsible if there was other peoples trash bin with ours. My question is, does this affect if my kids clean out their cars at my house? What if I pick up someone elses mail out of my yard? What about the mail my relative receives at the nursing home but sends with me to throw away? What's to stop a non paying customer from setting their trash out with mine on a Thursday night after mine is already at the curb?
Rose

Cleburne, TX

#15 Mar 26, 2012
Id like to see them going thru my trash. About the middle of next week when my can is half full, I'll get me a ladder and climb up in there and take a good old country crap in there. Then I would finish filling it up and wait for them to start digging.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car accident 6 hr Ur local redneck 4
Still riding that pony Fri Good man 25
Rafael Poynter (Jan '17) Fri Citizen Z 13
Where's Jessica leath Fri Mustang gand 1
Big dong Fri Show 1
"Free air sniff" Fri ComeOnJohnny 2
Jessica crawley Thu Cole 17

Harrodsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages