There should be a law against-----

There should be a law against-----

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

Dog Lover

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Oct 20, 2013
People to chain their dogs, yes you may give them water and food, but where is the love, ball playing, cuddling, walking the block, meeting you at the door with unconditional love, how can you chain your dog(s) outside with a shelter that does not have air conditioning, heat, or a nice bed and be close to their best friend? It's animal cruelty, it's neglect. When will become against the law?
One True Digger

Waynesburg, KY

#2 Oct 20, 2013
This will be illegal when dogs are useful and productive. Animal shelters put them down by the truck load because they are unwanted. I bet you eat meat from animals that lived a pretty rough life and don't think a thing about it.
Digger is right

El Monte, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
This will be illegal when dogs are useful and productive. Animal shelters put them down by the truck load because they are unwanted. I bet you eat meat from animals that lived a pretty rough life and don't think a thing about it.
yes, like chicken houses where chickens live their lives stacked in tiny cages,some.ten cages high with urine and feces dripping on them. Pigs on their death walk being electrically shocked so they will move on to be slaughteted . This is only a small part of it. It gets much much worse. It would mske me sad to eat anything with a beating heart.
notfunny

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Oct 21, 2013
Digger is right wrote:
<quoted text>yes, like chicken houses where chickens live their lives stacked in tiny cages,some.ten cages high with urine and feces dripping on them. Pigs on their death walk being electrically shocked so they will move on to be slaughteted . This is only a small part of it. It gets much much worse. It would mske me sad to eat anything with a beating heart.
And all of that should be illegal too. It's one thing to humanely treat them before they are eaten and quite another to torture them. As for dogs, they need companionship on order to live, they are much different than chickens. They need love and affection. Plus like what was previously stated...what's the point of owning a dog if you are going to just chain them up? But this is kentucky, and the mind set is much different here than in a lot of other places. Animals are just not viewed the same here. Well, atleast not by A LOT of people anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Demaree former Mercer school board arrested 2 hr what 2
Julie Johnson 3 hr RenA 82
gas $$$$$ 3 hr dirityharry 1
david rice 4 hr Justme 8
Taxes, Taxes, and more taxes! 5 hr Parent and tax payer 4
Corey Carey (Dec '09) 10 hr Curious 19
Bed bugs at charleston healthcare center in dan... 17 hr information 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages