Looking for Hanks Bridge
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Truth

Winchester, KY

#21 Oct 31, 2009
I can testify to the car not starting.I am 42 years old now and when I was a teenager me and a girlfriend of mine was with a couple guys ....well they had it planned to try and scare us and when we went acoss the bridge I seen the driver turn the key off and was telling us the car died ....anyhow to make a long story short we knew it was a joke so he went to start the car back and the car would Not start ...He tried and tried to start it and it would not start so everyone of us walked back to Harrodsburg.That is the truth if I ever told it.
jeff

Winchester, KY

#22 Oct 31, 2009
its not scary but the grave yard up from it is i left a crutch there one night ran with a cast on my leg and jumped in the back of a truck that was 32 years ago not that scary now
Old timer

United States

#23 Oct 31, 2009
Hanks bridge is like the directions said off Quirks run road. You are supposed to stop on the bridge and yell"Hey hank" and he will answer back. But what it was someone around there close owned some peacocks. Would scare the crap out of the city girls. Man knocked out many a bottle of Jim beam there before. Knocked the man out of the boat a few times too there. Had my 21st birthday party there in 1984. Kind of across from the old Peavlers grocery store on Magnolia Street is a house where a boy killed an old man there by hitting him in the head with an axe and robbed him. Always thought that was a little spooky.
Hank

Nicholasville, KY

#24 Nov 4, 2009
I went there. We got out of the car and i said hank three times, the wind picked up, and I told him he shouldnt have done it. I told my friends this wasnt a good idea so we got into the car to leave and all of a sudden The car wouldnt start, It was bad! But after about 5 minuites it was up and running again.

+ Some great parties have been thrown there and Hank likes it. If you throw your ciggarete into the air Bats fly by and run into them.
pizzahut parking lot 1985

Danville, KY

#25 Nov 7, 2009
You are supposed to stop in it on a night when there is no moon! and yell out HEY HANK!!! you will get a scare!!! 9some one used to have some ginneys and they will scare she sh8t out of ya!!
rebel

United States

#26 Nov 7, 2009
pizzahut parking lot 1985 wrote:
You are supposed to stop in it on a night when there is no moon! and yell out HEY HANK!!! you will get a scare!!! 9some one used to have some ginneys and they will scare she sh8t out of ya!!
I bet you remember me. 72 Chevy pick-up bronze and white. See my earlier post here under old-timer.

“Harrodsburg at it's best!”

Since: Dec 08

Providence

#27 Dec 31, 2009
TeresaG wrote:
<quoted text>i so wanna go and i am really ready for it
Nothing is truly scary.
been there

United States

#28 Jan 1, 2010
it was scary when it was made out of steel railing years ago
Hank Jr

United States

#29 Jan 1, 2010
This is a bridge built by my daddy,Hank. Any cute girls want to go there, just let me know. I can take you there personally. I guarantee you will see something that will truly amaze you!
Lori Topmiller

Fishers, IN

#31 Mar 17, 2010
hey Quentin
You seemed very knowledgable. I'm taking my nephew to Waverly Hills in a few weeks then travel on down to London KY. can you tell us any place else with history of haunts that we can stop or stay at? That would be awesome!! thanks so much!
[email protected]
me myself and i

Danville, KY

#32 Nov 19, 2011
i have been to hanks bridge and the cemetary down the road, looks creepy but really no activity
wow

Lexington, KY

#33 Nov 19, 2011
Can't remember what drive it is for sure but I no it on the left hand side of the road. You go out 68 towards lex and there is a drive with a wing metel gate and a bunch of no trespassing signs. There is an old house that is falling down and a old car in the same shape sitting in front of the house. Go there and go in the house or just sit in your car for a little while. I don't believe in ghost or things of that nature but I did have a nightmare experience there. I will never step foot on that property again. I'm not sure if what I seen was real or not and don't want to go back and find out.
Soaring

Lexington, KY

#34 Oct 22, 2013
ghost buster wrote:
<quoted text>
This didn't happen in KY. It really did happen in another state ( can't remember which ) pretty much a urban legend. The grave yard at Hanks bridge is kinda scary, but nothing going on.
bit happened in Danville ky I've been there and yes it's real hank was a bridge worker in the 1900s who fell and accidentally hung himself now his ghost lingers there cause I've seen it. You have to call on him then you will hear a bell toll and then he will appear. I've already investigated and experienced it. When you go back to your car it will stall for a moment then start. The bell you hear is him ringing the bell for help before he took his last breath
BackRoadKing

Harrodsburg, KY

#35 Oct 22, 2013
What about the old klan building in Perryville? There is a shack out behind it where they used to schackle people. I know that place has to be haunted.
J Bottoms

Frankfort, KY

#36 Oct 22, 2013
BackRoadKing wrote:
What about the old klan building in Perryville? There is a shack out behind it where they used to schackle people. I know that place has to be haunted.
Lived in Perryville 50 years, never heard of an old Klan building
BackRoadKing

Harrodsburg, KY

#37 Oct 22, 2013
J Bottoms wrote:
<quoted text>Lived in Perryville 50 years, never heard of an old Klan building
it's off of 68 heading towards harrodsburg you turn left once you get to that historical marker sign.
Hank is there

United States

#38 Jun 25, 2014
TeresaG wrote:
hello everyone i am looking for hanks bridge that is haunted and if anyone out there knows how to get to it plz leave me dirrections we are planning on going on saturday so if you can tell me where it is i would be gladly appreciate it or any other haunted place thanks alot
Quirks Run rd in Danville Ky and yes Hank is there many years ago when some friends and I went to hanks bridge we parked the car infront of the bridge turned the car off got out and yelled for hank eventually a bell started dinging and hank appeared on the bridge hanging it scared the hell out of us so we got in the car and locked the doors and tried to start the car but for a minute it wouldn't start this really happened. The story of hanks is back in 18 somethin he was one of the bridge workers building the bridge. One night late he had left something at the bridge and returned to get it when he slipped and one of the beam ropes wrapped around his neck hanging him. He grabbed a bell nearby and rang it for help but nobody heard and he died. The very first sighting since his death was in the 50s and since then hank has been a legend!!!
Shelly1968

Russell Springs, KY

#39 Jul 15, 2017
anyone know where any galloways live that owned a big civil war era house in the 1960s they rented Out? It has sense been torn down I'm told. It used to have a neighbor with the last name of Graves.
bass

Harrodsburg, KY

#40 Monday Jul 31
killer wrote:
got to park on it. turn your car off and call out to hank. story is that your car well not start
its all bull, we used to tell kids stuff an scare them. nothing really there
Do what you want

Arlington, TX

#41 Tuesday Aug 1
It's all fun and games til that one time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda Elliot 4 hr SgigsFMfhjl 1
who has eclipse glasses in town? 5 hr Just me 2
Kelly Williams anyone know her? 10 hr Iknow 3
Walmart is the worst 11 hr 2 cents 8
Thongs or Boyshorts? 13 hr Bootydog 5
Cody Hungate 17 hr _rideordie 5
What is everyone from MCSHS class of 2013 doing? 20 hr MissIttttt 2

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance