'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
139,101 - 139,120 of 146,195 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Mao-bama Zombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
U.S. President Thomas Jefferson

"The real truth of the matter is that a financial elements in the large [banking] centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

"The banks are the most powerful lobby on Capital Hill. They frankly own the place."
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin
Brad

Hebron, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to worry about the number of tax payers when you have the richest 400 people in the US having more wealth than the first 150 million Americans. You Repubs can't comprehend what rich is. It would take working over 5000 years at minimum wage to make as much as the top 1% makes in one year.
Boo frickin hoo.

Thats the problem with you progressive liberals,class envy,like you deserve an equal outcome for any level of input.

You got no one to blame but yourself if your earning potential is limited.
Well

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

freelancehobo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our differences may be in who we blame. I do not directly blame the government. I blame about 400 American who control more wealth that 50% of American wealth. They have agents in the government but they are not the government.
I blame consumers who forked their money over to these 400 individuals and made them wealthy. They control this wealth because of the voluntary choices people made buying their goods and services. Would we need to worry very much about the rich getting subsidies and corporate welfare if Congress was limited to it's enumerated functions as intended?
Commietator

Hanson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>Which of the UN members would you choose to govern? We see our own leader is nothing more than a screw up and the other leaders are worse as he is.

With the exception of Israel's Prime Minister Binjamin Netanyahu. Their country is thriving even with all the hated nations against him even our own Obamie.

You need to stop living in a Utopia type of world---it AIN'T gonna happen.
Israel wouldn't even be a nation were it not for the fact that after WWII no nation on earth wanted the Jews so they placed them in Palestine. Israel would be starving to death if it weren't for the billions a year pumped into their economy each year from the US government.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other story. I love it.
Is it the Clippers owners who was set up by his girlfriend and caught on tape making very, very bad racial remarks about blacks?
The owner is a supporter of Obama.
The owner is a liberal.
The owner is rich.
In conclusion, KKK was started by racist and hate mongering democrats.
Now we have the liberals attacking the liberals but most of all showing their true racist colors.
First Paula Deen, supporter of Obama now Donald Sterling, supporter of Obama.
Next.

I don't know that story. Do you have a link?

A lot of dems are distancing themselves from Obama because they all supported this non-ACA, and many of them are ticked off because they got caught within the lie, believing what he said. And especially those who are running again, do not want that discussion brought up. Too bad, it is.

Keyes is the one who debated Obama the first prez. run, and told him to his face he was Kenyan and not eligible for prez. Obama looked shocked, but for some reason he did not deny it. I watched this thing several times on video, and now it's not out there. It was once on Youtube, too.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
10 of the Dumbest Things Republican Voters Say
I was talking to my friend about politics (they don’t follow politics much) and we got on the topic of talking points. Though they were raised in a Republican household, they really aren’t someone I would consider a Republican or a Democrat. But during this discussion, as they presented some of the “arguments” their family members have presented to them, I couldn’t help but notice all they did was regurgitate one right-wing talking point after another. Clearly they picked these lines up from their Republican family members.
That’s when it really hit me that being a Republican essentially means you have to learn a whole new kind of coded language in order to speak about specific topics. Because that’s what these people do. They concoct these talking points as a better means to manipulate people who don’t like to think for themselves into believing in things that don’t make any sense.
So I decided I would make a list of 10 of the dumbest things I often hear Republicans say.
In no particular order, here we go:
1) Tax cuts create jobs: No, they don’t – demand creates jobs.
2) Same-sex marriage ruins the sanctity of marriage: Actually, divorce did that long ago.
3) Homosexual parents will raise homosexuals children: Fun fact, most homosexuals were raised by heterosexuals.
4) The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun: Actually, the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to try to prevent the bad guy from ever gaining access to a gun – universal background checks would have helped out a lot with doing just that.
5) Referring to rich people as job creators: Just because someone has a lot money, doesn’t mean they create jobs.
6) Drill baby drill!: The phrase uttered by individuals who have no idea how the price of oil is determined or how it’s sold on the global market.
7) Climate change is a hoax: Something said by people who’ve either been brainwashed by “facts” that have been funded by the oil industry (the biggest benefactors behind the destruction of our planet) or religious fanatics that believe climate change is caused by God, not humans.
8) Democrats are the real racists: Can someone remind me which party has politicians who question the legality of the Civil Rights Act, voters who proudly fly the Confederate flag, candidates who practically get no voting support from minority groups and has the backing of many members of the KKK and neo-Nazi’s?
9) Socialized health care doesn’t work: Then can someone explain to me why Medicare is extremely popular with seniors and why every country that leads the world in average life expectancy and infant mortality rate has universal health care?
10) We support our troops: The last time I checked, the Republican party sent over 4,000 American troops to die in Iraq based on a lie and Republicans blocked a veterans bill in Congress. Explain to me again how exactly that’s “supporting our troops”?
Oh man, I could keep going on and on. I might have to make a “Part 2&#8243; of this here in the near future. As for now I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to hit me up on Twitter to share some of the dumbest things you hear Republicans say.
- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/10-dumbest...
HAHA there is more than 10...he could keep going.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
The other day a lady told me under Obamacare if she signed up at her death her heirs would have to pay it back.

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

freelancehobo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not propose one world order. I am proposing a world government similar to
the UN but with the power and authority to rein in the countries and multinational
corporations that cause the worst problems in the world today. One currency
would be nice. I have always respecting "funny money' when I traveled overseas.
A one world government is a good idea if it were ran honest, but it wont work because power corrupts. To begin, what powerful person in the world would give it up peacefully, probably none?
Commietator

Hanson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Mao-bama Zombies wrote:
<quoted text>Correct Mr.!
First, Libs have to understand what politicians do to divide this country and make us all fight. Divide and rule. So many don't understand diffidence between legal residents and illegal aliens. No clue that we have beautiful immigration laws on books, but why not enforcing it? Because we need workers, that's their excuse...now, when we have so many Americans on unemployment line...
Again enforce the laws...WORKERS VISA and when they are done, send them home. That's how use to be...now, politicians have to stay in power. More freebies for lazy, stupid and uninformed.
You are just so stupid chemtrail. Obama has deported more illegals than any President in history. Do some research about it you ignorant Serb.
Commietator

Hanson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>Boo frickin hoo.

Thats the problem with you progressive liberals,class envy,like you deserve an equal outcome for any level of input.

You got no one to blame but yourself if your earning potential is limited.
So the rich CEOs that have closed 33,000 American factories and moved them to China are blameless ?
Mao-bama Zombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

http://conservativefrontline.com/obama-issues...

OBAMA ISSUES EXECUTIVE ORDER GRANTING AMNESTY TO ILLEGALS WHO ENROLL IN OBAMACARE
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just so stupid chemtrail. Obama has deported more illegals than any President in history. Do some research about it you ignorant Serb.

Since: May 08

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

only two things really bother me with politics... the extreme conservatives and the extreme liberals... they deserve each other... msnbc and foxnews are pure propaganda peddlers... the sensible folks are somewhere in the middle... the voices of reason are in the middle... fools inhabit the far left and far right.

maybe our system is flawed... maybe a parliamentary system would be better? our system just seems to polarize the vast majority...

i mean, a country composed of 50 smaller countries all fighting for things?

so much for one nation under god and e. pluribus unum and all that... we're just 50 kids with no parental authority... all trying to get our way... and once in a blue moon we sometimes mostly agree on something... no wonder america is slipping...

http://www.socialprogressimperative.org/data/...
Mao-bama Zombies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

MESSENGERS
News Corporation Comcast CBS
News Corporation (Fox/WSJ)/Comcast
(NBC/MSNBC)
Time Warner Cable / VIACOM
Disney/(ABC)/ Times Warner (CNN)/Viacom
BBC /New York Times

"The American media does not serve the truth. It serves the government and the interest groups that empower the government. The function of the "mainstream media" is to sell products and brainwash the audience for the government and interest groups. By subscribing to it, Americans support their own brainwashing."
Paul Craig Roberts

"If deliberate distortion of reality by corporate media could be effectively prosecuted in the
United States, the entire industry would be behind bars."
Cynthia McKinney

Since: May 08

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Mao-bama Zombies wrote:
http://conservativefrontline.com/obama-issues...
OBAMA ISSUES EXECUTIVE ORDER GRANTING AMNESTY TO ILLEGALS WHO ENROLL IN OBAMACARE
<quoted text>
obama didn't sign any executive order granting amnesty to illegals who enroll in obamacare/aca..
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed boob:
BO and the dems had 2 full years of total control, why didn't they change the tax laws? because it would have hurt too many in their own party and those who support them with the big bucks at election time. Dems are liars and hypocrites.
Take Hollywood, they have been leaving California for other countries and the 42 states that offer them tax breaks to escape California's high taxes and unions for decades.
Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:
DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.
In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing -
Obama supporters, dummy.

Not only that. Hughes Network, you know them, you've seen their ads on TV? A young American girl tells you in the commercial,

"If you can see the Southern sky, you can have high speed internet anywhere."

Ya them,

Hughes Network does not hire any American techs. If you buy their unit, and it's very costly, you will learn later on that all your tech help comes from India. You will find them polite, but if you can understand them, good luck.

I understand it's that way with a lot of companies: some credit cards. They give them a book to read out of, all basic internet stuff, and three bucks an hour and they work from home. I know, I had it once and one night I got a gal in New Delhi who told me it was 4am where she was. Not to mention their service goes off and on anywhere there's a storm in the USA between the link and the satellite.

That was 12 years ago for me, I don't know what it is now.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

JAW-DROPPING: 27 Hilariously Desperate Democratic Fundraising Emails
And it's only April...

I saw this on the sideline. It's absolutely correct. This IS the desperate sounding emails they send. I have posted several of them in the past. The best kind are the ones that scream - "we need X amount of dollars to defeat so and so by midnight tonight! Can you chip in $3.00 bla bla bla?

Here ya go:

http://politix.topix.com/story/11742-jaw-drop...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Maybe you've read this story? What a charmer! LOL!

Judy Walkman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California , was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Senator Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889.

Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory.

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription:'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy e-mailed Senator Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle.

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

Now THAT’s how it’s done, Folks!
That's real Political Spin! LOL

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed boob:
BO and the dems had 2 full years of total control, why didn't they change the tax laws? because it would have hurt too many in their own party and those who support them with the big bucks at election time. Dems are liars and hypocrites.
Take Hollywood, they have been leaving California for other countries and the 42 states that offer them tax breaks to escape California's high taxes and unions for decades.
Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:
DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.
In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing -
Obama supporters, dummy.
Can you provide a list of Republican Congressmen/women willing to help Obama change the U.S. Tax Laws? On second thought never mind, Obama was busy trying to get the ACA for the American people without Republican help. Maybe he can get to the Tax Laws in his third term.
wtf

Edmonton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>Can you provide a list of Republican Congressmen/women willing to help Obama change the U.S. Tax Laws? On second thought never mind, Obama was busy trying to get the ACA for the American people without Republican help. Maybe he can get to the Tax Laws in his third term.
It wouldn't matter...dirty Harry wouldn't allow them to reach the Senate floor. Actually Obama was forcing the Obamacare train wreck on the American people while he had the majority in the Senate and the House. There were so many other pressing issues that the democrats could have and should have worked on for the American people but the train wreck was their crowning glory. lol

How many people lost their insurance policies because their policies didn't meet the Obamacare train wreck standards? How many Americans now pay much higher deductibles and policy premiums for policies that MUST include coverage for crap they will never use? Obama delayed parts of the train wreck that will hurt the democrats in the midterms if they were implemented. Do you have an estimate how many more Americans will lose their insurance when those political delays are implemented? Do you know how many Americans are estimated to still be without insurance after all of Obama's delays are implemented (after all the important elections are held)? After the now infamous "if you like your doctor and your policy you can keep your doctor and policy. Period" lie that hurt and upset millions of Americans...do you really think anybody believes the selective numbers that the WH is reporting about the train wreck Obamacare? Do you comprehend that the democrats banked on it that you people would be too lazy and too stupid to do the math or even to care? You morons didn't disappoint your messiah, did you? Good little sheep. The democrats own you idiots and they are laughing at your stupidity and loyalty. Your families must be so proud. lmao

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't matter...dirty Harry wouldn't allow them to reach the Senate floor. Actually Obama was forcing the Obamacare train wreck on the American people while he had the majority in the Senate and the House. There were so many other pressing issues that the democrats could have and should have worked on for the American people but the train wreck was their crowning glory. lol
How many people lost their insurance policies because their policies didn't meet the Obamacare train wreck standards? How many Americans now pay much higher deductibles and policy premiums for policies that MUST include coverage for crap they will never use? Obama delayed parts of the train wreck that will hurt the democrats in the midterms if they were implemented. Do you have an estimate how many more Americans will lose their insurance when those political delays are implemented? Do you know how many Americans are estimated to still be without insurance after all of Obama's delays are implemented (after all the important elections are held)? After the now infamous "if you like your doctor and your policy you can keep your doctor and policy. Period" lie that hurt and upset millions of Americans...do you really think anybody believes the selective numbers that the WH is reporting about the train wreck Obamacare? Do you comprehend that the democrats banked on it that you people would be too lazy and too stupid to do the math or even to care? You morons didn't disappoint your messiah, did you? Good little sheep. The democrats own you idiots and they are laughing at your stupidity and loyalty. Your families must be so proud. lmao
We're morons with health insurance now.
Commietator

Hanson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed boob:
Obama supporters, dummy.
Dems have never had full control of the Senate. It takes 60 votes to over come their blocking all Bills. The Party of NO stopped exactly what you refer to.
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Harrodsburg Forum right now

Search the Harrodsburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MasturBATION 8 min HAND JOB 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 17 min Hii 81,570
rip off 20 min checkers 4
Harrodsburg 22 min Juniper 6
Cathy Hall 50 min Confused 14
john cochran 1 hr looney 20
Is high school football getting out of hand 1 hr Jaylen J 4
•••
•••