'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 193609 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#112987 Aug 1, 2013
John Boehner calls for short-term CR

House Speaker John Boehner said Congress should pass a short-term government funding bill in September, but he still wants to finish the eight spending bills that the House hasn’t completed.
Congress has struggled to pass spending bills this year, so Boehner’s goal seems a bit lofty to say the least.

“It’s clear that we’re not going to have the appropriations bills finished by Sept. 30,” Boehner said Thursday morning.“I believe a continuing resolution for some short period of time would probably be in the nation’s interest. But having said that, the idea of operating for an entire year under a CR is not a good way to do business. And I’ve been working with [Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers] to try to find a way to actually do all of these appropriations bills. I think it’s important for Congress to do its work.”

Most of the government has been operated under a CR since March, but the fiscal fights start anew next month. The government runs out of cash on Sept. 30. Congress leaves town Friday until Sept. 9.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/john-bo...
"the eight spending bills that the House hasn’t completed."

"Congress leaves town Friday until Sept. 9."
HELLO??? What happens to people who leave work undone?? They don't go on vacation, that is for sure. They are a bunch of do nothings.

Isn't the weeper of the house a hoot. Sradling the fence for his TWO parties. Sure glad the DEMS are a one party MAJORITY.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#112988 Aug 1, 2013
The Republican Party is now paralyzed

Refusing to even consider the president's proposal yesterday shows they can't even help their own constituents now

There was a time, about two summers ago, when Republicans in Congress opposed the president for a reason. The reason wasn’t exactly an honorable or stirring one, but at least it had a logic to it. The thinking, reportedly articulated by Paul Ryan among others, went a little something like this: Any grand bargain, no matter how tilted to the right wing, would only help Obama win reelection. But all-out intransigence, when paired with a weak economy and looming debt, would make Obama look ineffectual, weak, and in over his head. And that was the way back to 1600 Penn.
But then Mitt Romney happened, and we all know how that went.

Cut to yesterday, more than two years later, and depressingly little has changed. There Obama stands; still president, still trying, and still finding no serious partner with whom to bargain. But whereas the original grand bargain was truly sweeping in its ambitions, trading (too few) tax hikes for (too many) cuts to social insurance programs like Medicare and Social Security, this latest iteration of what some have called the president’s white whale is far more modest. And yet Republican resistance is, if anything, even firmer.

This time around, Obama is essentially asking to trade a cut to corporate tax rates in exchange for greater investment in jobs programs and public infrastructure. It’s a perfectly sensible deal, too, one in which each side gets something they’ve long wanted, and each side gives the other something they’d, in a perfect world, probably rather not. Needless to say, Republicans hate it.

Yet even Douthat’s definition of a faction may not fit, because what could be a more highly prized “constituent service” for the GOP than lowering corporate taxes? No, it wasn’t the farm bill that showed Republicans as irrevocably oppositional. It wasn’t even immigration reform, where promises of benefits to Republicans are often airy and abstract and thus justifiably dismissed. It’s wasn’t either of these high-profile legislative fails, but the damned grand bargain — yet again — that made clear the mess of U.S. government.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/31/the_republica...

That's the Grand OLD Party of NO and the teabagging Congress for you. hahahaha Really, re-inventing themselves eh? lmao@repukes

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#112989 Aug 1, 2013
Now that the fake Glasgow wtf SPEAKUP brings his ignorance who wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him upside his pointed head I think I will go clean the grill and get it ready for some nice fat T-Bones. It's a good thing for this country that the MAJORITY doesn't believe the BS that this circus sock clown and his queen loon sling after camping out on gloom and doom sites and fauxbox pundit shows. Let me explain it to you losers again:

DEMS = MAJORITY

gop = minority

GOT IT? HAHA

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH 2014

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#112991 Aug 1, 2013
Totempus_Omnia_Revelat wrote:
Christie needs more photo ops with Obama...that will be his swan song in the GOP.
Christie is an Arlan Specter republican (a Dem just waiting to jump out of the closet).
I wish he would jump the hell out already.

Hi Ari.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#112993 Aug 1, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Now that the fake Glasgow wtf SPEAKUP brings his ignorance who wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him upside his pointed head I think I will go clean the grill and get it ready for some nice fat T-Bones. It's a good thing for this country that the MAJORITY doesn't believe the BS that this circus sock clown and his queen loon sling after camping out on gloom and doom sites and fauxbox pundit shows. Let me explain it to you losers again:
DEMS = MAJORITY
gop = minority
GOT IT? HAHA
HILLARY 2016
DITCH MITCH 2014
You're wasting your time with that one. No matter what you say, Glasgow will go off on a four paragraph rant about.. mud? Or cheese. OR space rockets or something. Trust me, give up. lol
RepubliCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#112994 Aug 1, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish he would jump the hell out already.
Hi Ari.
I wish he would too. He would make a better DEM anyway. lol

Ole Ari has a variety of socks huh? lmao@the circus clown socks.

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#112997 Aug 1, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
It is my considered opinion that Democrats are are either in denial, or being totally mislead by Liberal misinformation outlets.
Americans from all walks are totally fed up with Obama's hand picked disaster manipulators and spin doctors. False scandals don't get high ups fired, false scandals, don't testify before congressional committees and commit perjury, false scandals don't get global attention and support and then move to another nation for safety, false scandals don't come home in body bags.
Obama might be a better chicken farmer than POTUS, all his chickens are coming home to roost!
I think your problem is that your prayers and wishes that somehow Obama had anything to do with any of the "scandals" have been bashed and now you are just upset. No President since Carter has NOT had Americans killed by terrorist. But yet you raciest Repubs look over Bush's 3000 dead and bitch everyday about 4. There is a plank in all your Repubs hypocritical eyes.
Countrygirl

Cadiz, KY

#113000 Aug 1, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my ancestor's did no such thing. One side came to America long after the Civil War. The other side were Yankee Union in the Civil War, gr.gr. gr. direct and two brothers - all living up North and enlisting in the Indiana Cav. and the other a different northern regiment, Infantry.
I have shaken my tree, for the last three decades, research back to Germany in the 1700s. I have files of family history and not one lived in the South or had anything to do with slavery. Your curly hair claim holds no water.
No duh.....of course there are no 100% African from slavery. Do your research before you shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about!
funny!
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#113007 Aug 1, 2013
Keep laughing "Cornbread Girl" , lol. To hear you tell it, every white person owned slaves and blacks have never raped anyone, ha!

Some of My ancestors did fight in the Civil war, some were plantation owners, some helped the slaves escape at great expense and worked very hard for their freedom. That does not make me a slave owner, or racist.
Just as my American Indian heritage doesn't make me a person who scalps people. My family would never claim the Indian heritage, even to this day. And my Italian ancestry of Mafia family members that stretch the globe doesn't mean I participate in their 'family affairs' or handle matters the way they would.
My ancestor who has a name known throughout the world also does not mean the entire family tree is uber wealthy just because he is.

You keep on drinking the kool-aid though. Just bear in mind, your family most likely have racist bigots in it as well as slave haters.

JAY, hey, I guess some of our family members fought against each other, but we also had some family from North who fought for the Union too & later became involved in government. haha!
My ancestry is kinda all over the place! Like a lot of folks are.
Jay

Paris, TN

#113008 Aug 1, 2013
Enigma wrote:
Keep laughing "Cornbread Girl" , lol. To hear you tell it, every white person owned slaves and blacks have never raped anyone, ha!
Some of My ancestors did fight in the Civil war, some were plantation owners, some helped the slaves escape at great expense and worked very hard for their freedom. That does not make me a slave owner, or racist.
Just as my American Indian heritage doesn't make me a person who scalps people. My family would never claim the Indian heritage, even to this day. And my Italian ancestry of Mafia family members that stretch the globe doesn't mean I participate in their 'family affairs' or handle matters the way they would.
My ancestor who has a name known throughout the world also does not mean the entire family tree is uber wealthy just because he is.
You keep on drinking the kool-aid though. Just bear in mind, your family most likely have racist bigots in it as well as slave haters.
JAY, hey, I guess some of our family members fought against each other, but we also had some family from North who fought for the Union too & later became involved in government. haha!
My ancestry is kinda all over the place! Like a lot of folks are.
Hey E...since you addressed me, I will respond to you, and everybody else can skip over this part/post.

~~~~~~~~~~

Had to laugh at your notation of Italians and the Mafia......wish I could address you on this one, because I can relate, but I can't do that here.......LOL.

As for the Union and the Confederacy, I've spent years on this in the archives....and have plenty on it but I can't go into the how and why here, either. Too long.

I will say this though, not every boy who fought for the Confederacy did so to protect the rich slave owners. Only about 10% of the South were wealthy enough to own slaves or have plantations. The rest were just poor backwoods kids, many who were farmers' kids who many of them did not even know what they were fighting about. My library is full of archival material that could prove that, most of my stuff is from original records. I will tell you this though. I did research for a buddy of ours who had been in search of his Civil War ancestor for years, due to a very vague letter he had handed down to him. It took me two years and I found his Yankee in a regiment up North, and visited Vicksburg where his name was engraved in the monument. One year later, I found his other gr.gr. grf. a Confederate who fought for the South. He was about to join the Sons of the Grand Army of the Republic, GAR when he realized he could also join the Sons of Confederate Veterans, UCV - United Confederate Veterans. When I told him he had a right to belong to both, the look on his face was total shock. He then said to me, "Now what the hell am I going to do!?" I told him, join them both.

This is not as unusual as people might think. Look at the Lincoln's. Mary had brothers who fought for the Confederacy, and so it goes with many of us. 8)

Since: Dec 11

#113009 Aug 1, 2013
Do as we say, not as we actually do:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/01/ir...
Nah, I think we'll just get rid of Obama-care and the Obama-crats who voted it in!

“I Walk On Water”

Since: Apr 13

..Just to PROVE I can.....

#113011 Aug 1, 2013
youtubeNews wrote:
ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --
http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8
Wanna buy the Temple Bridge, Idiot...Israel gave it to me...
$40 dollars and your own tow hitch and it's all yours
Say hi to Francis

“I Walk On Water”

Since: Apr 13

..Just to PROVE I can.....

#113012 Aug 1, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my ancestor's did no such thing. One side came to America long after the Civil War. The other side were Yankee Union in the Civil War, gr.gr. gr. direct and two brothers - all living up North and enlisting in the Indiana Cav. and the other a different northern regiment, Infantry.
I have shaken my tree, for the last three decades, research back to Germany in the 1700s. I have files of family history and not one lived in the South or had anything to do with slavery. Your curly hair claim holds no water.
No duh.....of course there are no 100% African from slavery. Do your research before you shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about!
No need for the Ken Burns Doc, Jay..we don't care if you're half black...You might cousin of Nine Nine Nine

“xcntrikridner@ yahoo.com”

Since: Aug 13

Cannon, KY

#113013 Aug 1, 2013
Whats the subject again?

Reading through this thread has me quite puzzled.
Jay

Paris, TN

#113015 Aug 1, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for the Ken Burns Doc, Jay..we don't care if you're half black...You might cousin of Nine Nine Nine

My post was specifically to Enigma.....and I don't know what the hell you're babbling about.

"You might cousin of Nine Nine Nine"? Not a sentence oh brilliant one!
OZombies

United States

#113016 Aug 1, 2013
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/01/newspap...

Newspaper fires editor for "TAKE YOUR JOBS PLAN AND SHOVE IT, MR. PRESIDENT"
headline.
Countrygirl

Madisonville, KY

#113017 Aug 1, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post leaves a lot to be desired. You are jumping through hoops which you apparently know nothing about. Michelle Obama's third gr. grandfather could have been a white slave owner who fathered a bi-racial child. But through the generations, they continued to marry blacks only. The DNA could be available with a simple swab of Michelle's cheek. She may have done this because she did suspect white ancestry.
Ancestry.com is one of the largest institutions in the world with ancestral history on all of us. Though they charge a fee for the records, you can go there, type in your ancestor's name and see what they have. They along with the National Archives in Washington have billions of records and paid researchers. However, when a person is famous, you can bet their genealogical history is done for them.....as is the case of M.O, and all presidents and first ladies.
If you are referring to me as having a chapped ass because the first lady has white ancestors. Why would anybody even care. I sure don't. Matters not, means nothing, only a thing of interest.
must matter,you brought it up.
really nobody cares about your DNA. Seriously.
RepubliCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#113020 Aug 1, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
The passengers on the "bull shit train" have a one way ticket to denial. If you cant see that I'm not sure common sense is something you will ever acquire. You can go through life with blinders on; tripping over your own ignorance, good for you, better for me.
Once again, one of you circus clown socks describe the repukes to a "T". Your batshit crazy Queen Loon is driving that train. All aboard circus socks. You need to get on the right track and join the MAJORITY in the real world of 2013. NOT going backward, better for you if move forward. Times have changed. But hey, get ready for it, the FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT for the history books. Deny all you want, the teabagging GOP don't have enough time to "re-invent" themselves, they are too busy eating their own. lmao at you fauxbox brainwashed repuke lemmings.

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH 2014
Jay

Paris, TN

#113021 Aug 1, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> must matter,you brought it up.
really nobody cares about your DNA. Seriously.
Seriously!!? Are you really that brain dead? It's not my DNA we're talking about. A genealogist who specializes in tracing family histories of famous persons, found the link to Michelle Obama's ancestry. I found the article interesting, that's all! Michelle Obama did have a curiosity about her family history...apparently... so when he linked her to her great-great-great grandfather (who was white) he found associated families, white and black. What is wrong with this in your opinion? This is not uncommon at all, for that time period.

If you had actually read the article and seen the photo of the descended families, you might know what this is all about. If it bothers you so much just forget it....move on!
RepubliCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#113023 Aug 1, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://hotair.com/archives/201 3/08/01/newspaper-fires-editor -for-take-your-jobs-plan-and-s hove-it-mr-president-headline/
Newspaper fires editor for "TAKE YOUR JOBS PLAN AND SHOVE IT, MR. PRESIDENT"
headline.
haha, GOOD. I bet that HOTAIR site has millions of stories of repuke minions competing for their 15 mins of so called fame. haha
Maybe fauxbox could use a new pundit.

How's your chemtrail fog tonight? lol

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
union coming to wausau 3 hr yes 44
Cecil (Mar '15) 6 hr Bigmoma 33
Julie Johnson 6 hr RenA 83
Taxes, Taxes, and more taxes! 7 hr Really 7
democratic party 12 hr busta 29
Obese woman in black truck 22 hr Dew hater 18
Jim Demaree former Mercer school board arrested Fri what 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages