'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 190095 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Justthefacts

Bristol, FL

#52402 Oct 9, 2012
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget the recent one in Libya that killed 4 people. Remember they ask for more security , and Obama took their security away, and one month later they were attacked . Remember that, you puke . Remember as soon as Obama took office he fired three American TSA workers and hired three Muslims to take their place? remember what happen then. We had the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, a car bomb on the streets of NY, which was diverted by a observant person calling the police. You have a short memory.
Obama took their security away??? Dam you need to let the news know. They haven't talked about.
Michigander

Ann Arbor, MI

#52403 Oct 9, 2012
The Obama 2013 tax plan

1. How much did you make last year?_____

2. Send it in!
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#52404 Oct 9, 2012
Justthefacts wrote:
<quoted text>Obama took their security away??? Dam you need to let the news know. They haven't talked about.
You need to get out a little more.

The former head of a Special Forces "Site Security Team" in Libya tells CBS News that in spite of multiple pleas from himself and other U.S. security officials on the ground for "more, not less" security personnel, the State Department removed as many as 34 people from the country in the six months before a terrorist attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others. Lt. Col. Andy Wood will appear this week at a House Oversight Committee hearing that will examine security decisions leading up to the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi. Speaking to CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, Wood said when he found out that his own 16-member team and a six-member State Department elite force were being pulled from Tripoli in August - about a month before the assault in Benghazi - he felt, "like we were being asked to play the piano with two fingers. There was concern amongst the entire embassy staff."
"They asked if we were safe," he told Attkisson. "They asked... what was going to happen, and I could only answer that what we were being told is that they're working on it - they'll get us more (security personnel), but I never saw that." Wood insists that senior staff in Libya, including Ambassador Stevens, State Department Regional Security Officer Eric Nordstrom, and himself, all wanted and had requested enhanced security. "We felt we needed more, not less," he tells Attkisson. Asked what response their repeated pleas got from the State Department in Washington, Wood says they were simply told "to do with less. For what reasons, I don't know."
American Lady

Danville, KY

#52405 Oct 9, 2012
CBS reporter slams administration for 'major lie' over weakened Taliban

"I chose this subject because, one, I can't stand that there is a major lie being propagated," Logan said. That lie, she explained, is that the American military has weakened the Taliban.

Logan also encouraged the administration to "exact revenge" on the terrorists who killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans serving in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11. She said she hopes America will "let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil -- that its ambassadors will not be murdered, and that the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."

She compared the attack on the consulate to the attack on the USS Cole, which went unanswered and was a precursor to the 9/11 attacks in 2001.
Logan's comments are reminiscent of another controversial outcry from a prominent war correspondent. In 1994, CNN's Christiane Amanpour challenged President Bill Clinton on a live satellite feed from Sarajevo, accusing his administration of "flip flopping" in Bosnia and not intervening to stop the ethnic cleansing. Some criticized Amanpour for dropping her role as an objective journalist and airing her sentiments about the war. Others say she changed the course of the war by shaming the president into taking military action in Bosnia.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/09/cb...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#52406 Oct 9, 2012
Records show calls for more protection in Libya, 230 'security incidents' before strike

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/09/hu...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#52407 Oct 9, 2012
However, Nordstrom suggested the ---U.S. government was eager to give the impression that Libya was safer than it was and declined.----

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/09/hu...
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#52409 Oct 9, 2012
Shadowlands wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The statements I make are my own. If I use someone else's statements I put them in quotes and cite the source.
For example, Romney's claim that his health care plan covers everyone with a pre-existing condition. It doesn't. His own campaign said so the day after the debate. It covers pre-existing conditions only if the person is continuously insured or has not been uninsured for less than 63 days. He flat out lied, and his own campaign had to walk it back the next day.
See, these are my own words. I can provide the exact quotes from Romney and his campaign staff, not that you'd believe them either.
Then please cite your source. Don't be ashamed of where you get your information. Let it be known if that is what was said. See I don't carry water for the candidate that I choose I don't have any need to spread or interpret his/her message. People like you on the left feel that it's your duty to make up facts because it sounds good or just accept the lies that you’re told despite the truth that is always covered up by leftist. That's what separates my integrity from those on the left. I don't distort the facts people like you do.
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#52410 Oct 9, 2012
Shadowlands wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Romney: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my plan" 10/3/2012
Romney cleverly leaves out the part about continuous coverage.
“With respect to pre-existing conditions, what Governor Romney has said is for those with continuous coverage, he would continue to make sure that they receive their coverage,” Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney Campaign adviser 10/4/12
The current Affordable Care Act covers pre-existing conditions without regard to whether a person has been continously covered or not.
There's Romney's own words and those of his campaign adviser, not some imaginary "liberal source" you want to attribute to anything or anyone with which you disagree.
AGAIN CITE THE SOURCE...This isn't that hard. If you make a claim then cite the link to the source to be reviewed by everyone. Don't just make a claim and expect people to accept it as the gospel,after all we are Liberals we want to read for ourselves!
Uncle Tab

United States

#52411 Oct 9, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22148...
Funny when Repubs get mad when called dishonest.
Romney has a we site which also accepts donations. Funny thing is, he won't release his. Obama has released his. And the GIA That someone aimed to be bipartisan ..... It's a conservative group.
A little research goes a long way
Try looking into these things when you're told to post them.
Of course campaign finance reform would solve this. But that would leave all politicians in a mess. They'd have to do the right thing.
BLAHBLAH

Lansing, MI

#52412 Oct 9, 2012
Republicans cannot state facts excessively because they don't want to be responsible for liberal democrats having nervous breakdowns. Thus, you will have to wait on your facts until your medication takes effect from the last round of facts. Oh, I just figured it out! That is why libs want Obama care, some republicans can pay for their reality induced panic attacks.

(You gotta admit, this is pretty funny) LOLOL
Shadowlands

Paducah, KY

#52413 Oct 9, 2012
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please cite your source. Don't be ashamed of where you get your information. Let it be known if that is what was said. See I don't carry water for the candidate that I choose I don't have any need to spread or interpret his/her message. People like you on the left feel that it's your duty to make up facts because it sounds good or just accept the lies that you’re told despite the truth that is always covered up by leftist. That's what separates my integrity from those on the left. I don't distort the facts people like you do.
I notice this is a recurring pattern of yours. Impugn the person and try to place them in some imaginary group, where you can then launch into a pedagogical rant that you believe places you on some superior moral plane, but only serves to make you look petty and childish. You do it time and again with anyone with whom you disagree. I don't know, nor care where you learned this particular technique but it ill-serves you.

It's become evident that you're incapable of engaging an individual without resorting to such foolishness, so I will leave you to it, and wish you well.
BLAHBLAH

Lansing, MI

#52414 Oct 9, 2012
Michigander wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal democrat call,
"I reget that I have but one country to give for my life"!
Oh how true!!!
BLAHBLAH

Lansing, MI

#52415 Oct 9, 2012
Sorry, I had to copy this from another thread. It is just that good!

Alright, its time to stop all this bickering. Conservatives, quit taking advantage of the weak minded liberals. Liberals, quit trying to act smart, it doesn't work. Heres what you need to do to rehabilitate yourself, and without tax $.

1. Listen to Rush Limbaugh from 12:00 - 3:00 EST each week day.
2. Listen to Sean Hannity from 3:00 - 6:00 EST each day and watch him on t.v. in the evenings.
3. Listen to Mark Levin from 8:00 - 11:00 EST each weekday.

If you do this for a minimum of six months you will have taken a major step towards understanding social logic, psychology, the Constitution, the dangers and evils of political correctness, and the meaning of life. Please report back in six months and start your treatment today.

My best regards to those of you actually smart enough to follow this prescription.
Stump Ferguson

Indianapolis, IN

#52416 Oct 9, 2012
You know what is good? Poopin...
BLAHBLAH

Lansing, MI

#52417 Oct 9, 2012
Another great idea from the land of Obama and democrats.

Chicago's Cook County Considering Tax on Guns and Ammo

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/2419-chicag...
angel

Flemingsburg, KY

#52418 Oct 9, 2012
my question to either canidate would be this,,if either of you wins will you work together?..we cant have people saying they will block or appeal things before it happens(mitch mcconnel).
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#52419 Oct 9, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You would do better with a education, but it is way too late for that.
Hea wtf! have you ever figured out how many States are in the UNION? There is some education you dont have! Unless you can post otherwise?
lol

Glasgow, KY

#52420 Oct 9, 2012
Shadowlands wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice this is a recurring pattern of yours. Impugn the person and try to place them in some imaginary group, where you can then launch into a pedagogical rant that you believe places you on some superior moral plane, but only serves to make you look petty and childish. You do it time and again with anyone with whom you disagree. I don't know, nor care where you learned this particular technique but it ill-serves you.
It's become evident that you're incapable of engaging an individual without resorting to such foolishness, so I will leave you to it, and wish you well.
And it is a recurring pattern that you are trying to focus on something else hoping we will all forget that you STILL can't cite your source. It's not that hard to cite a source. You've done it before so whatcha waiting for? Admit it. We all know you lie so just admit that you got caught, ride out the embarrassment and come back tomorrow and try, try again. lmao
Jack Juice

Indianapolis, IN

#52421 Oct 9, 2012
Mitch McConnell has played a big part in f-ing up this country... He's an idiot.
just the facts

Glasgow, KY

#52423 Oct 9, 2012
angel wrote:
my question to either canidate would be this,,if either of you wins will you work together?..we cant have people saying they will block or appeal things before it happens(mitch mcconnel).
My question would be if elected would you require that the Senate bring a balanced budget bill to the floor. How can you run the country with no budget. You can't. You just spend, spend and recklessly spend without any restraints and no one to answer to! We've all had to go on a budget and cut back. I think Reid's refusal to follow the laws of our country and have a balanced budget for our country is more important that want McConnell says he may or may not do. Obama and Reid have rubbed our noses in what they aren't willing to do even if it is the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regina Murray 1 hr Yeah 18
Michael Stumph 2 hr JoJo 3
Self centered "friends" 5 hr sick of them too 3
hairdresser (Aug '09) 11 hr phoney 26
that guy slowing down cause you are on his bumper 12 hr hammer 7
Girl from Apple Market 18 hr Skoobydew 6
The "Rebel Flag" parade yesterday 22 hr Enough 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages