I heart Animals

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone has been to this local humane Society and do they take good care of the pets ? I'm looking for another good friend . Mine died not too long ago .
Save them

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2013
They need saving. The place is nasty!!! They will let anyone adopt or foster an animal. They let a guy i know take a hound home and no food or shelter only water was piss water in a 5ga bucket with mold. They never checked on the dog didnt netur the dog nor check the place out before fostering
Please

Richmond, KY

#3 Sep 23, 2013
First id like to say THE HUMANE SOCIETY and
the SHELTER are totally different things. The humane society is a no kill place. They will not let anyone adopt an animal without having them fill out a application and check references. I've always had a excellent experience with the humane society the lady at the office on main st is very nice and would be glad to help you out im sure. All they have at the office is cats, but you can look online at their dogs and fill out an app and see the dogs available. The dogs are located in foster homes mostly that are from the humane society so almost all are healthy and all are spayed/neutered and up to date on shots.
I heart Animals

Bronx, NY

#4 Sep 24, 2013
Please wrote:
First id like to say THE HUMANE SOCIETY and
the SHELTER are totally different things. The humane society is a no kill place. They will not let anyone adopt an animal without having them fill out a application and check references. I've always had a excellent experience with the humane society the lady at the office on main st is very nice and would be glad to help you out im sure. All they have at the office is cats, but you can look online at their dogs and fill out an app and see the dogs available. The dogs are located in foster homes mostly that are from the humane society so almost all are healthy and all are spayed/neutered and up to date on shots.
Thank you so much for the info . I'd give the world if I could adopt them all but I cannot . My heart aches so bad for these wonderful creatures yet some people treat them horrible . I can not understand how some could be so mean . Its a good thing I'm not in the law enforcement field ! Anyway , thanks & I pray to get another special friend soon . Lord knows I need one .
Sostrange

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2013
I can't wait to see my buddy when I get home in the afternoon . He's stands there waitin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Demaree former Mercer school board arrested 34 min what 2
Julie Johnson 1 hr RenA 82
gas $$$$$ 1 hr dirityharry 1
david rice 2 hr Justme 8
Taxes, Taxes, and more taxes! 3 hr Parent and tax payer 4
Corey Carey (Dec '09) 8 hr Curious 19
Bed bugs at charleston healthcare center in dan... 15 hr information 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages