Adair Co. Board of Education planning...

Adair Co. Board of Education planning retreat at Shaker Village

There are 4 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Adair Co. Board of Education planning retreat at Shaker Village. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

Adair Co. Board of Education planning retreat at Shaker Village There will be an Adair County Board Retreat for planning purposes on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 8:30amCT/9:30amET.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

Stefania

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2013
I hope they're ready to be disappointed. That place has changed in the past few years, and not for the better, Run down, dirty buildings and rude people. We were there last year and when we tried to tour the main building we wound up having to leave early because of the dust and the sewer stink. Once they've got your money they're done with you and don't really give a crap.
SNL

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 13, 2013
Stefania wrote:
I hope they're ready to be disappointed. That place has changed in the past few years, and not for the better, Run down, dirty buildings and rude people. We were there last year and when we tried to tour the main building we wound up having to leave early because of the dust and the sewer stink. Once they've got your money they're done with you and don't really give a crap.
Sad but true. The only building open for guests to tour now is the main building, they closed down everything else but the dining room and the barn. I know there were some good interpreters there at one time, but they either quit or were fired. The animals are being neglected, fed improperly and crammed into filthy coops and pens. Many have died because the farm manager won't call a vet. Dining patrons are told that vegetables are from the Village garden, when in fact very few, if any, actually do.

You're right, Stefania, it's all about the money now. It's a crying shame that one of Mercer county's finest assets has been allowed to become one of its biggest scams.
BUCK

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2013
OOOOOOOOOOOH so sad I thank Im goin to cry, who cares?
lurker

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Jun 13, 2013
Lol. I'm with you buck!! That place is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump breaks record 1 hr Party of Lincoln 3
Native American Web Page removed 1 hr Party of Lincoln 18
Jessica crawley 4 hr Mememe 15
kay smith 4 hr Mememe 3
cari simpson 5 hr Lol 12
I am now a Democrat 10 hr Dude 10
Dave's sawmills sales 10 hr Kris 5

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance