Since: Jul 08

Harrodsburg Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/loc....

Police have arrested two people on charges they murdered a Harrodsburg woman.

Paul E. Estes, 36, of 62 Cold Springs Drive in Lancaster, and Megan Brooks, 22, of 206 Belmont Circle in Harrodsburg, are accused of conspiring to murder Debora Kay Brooks, 43, of Harrodsburg, who was Megan Brooks? mother.

According to a criminal complaint filed by Detective Garry Bradshaw with the Harrodsburg Police Department, Estes suffocated Debora Brooks to death by placing her head in a plastic bag.

"The death was caused by direct actions of Paul Estes and/or in complicity with other unknown individual," the complaint reads.

The complaint was filed on Friday, when Estes was arrested. On Tuesday Bradshaw confirmed Megan Brooks would be charged with murder as well.

Police found Debora Brooks' body on May 20 after a 911 call from Megan Brooks. Bradshaw said at the time that aspects of the death were suspicious and police were investigating.

Estes and Brooks are currently being held in the Boyle County Detention Center. Estes faces one count of murder and one count of contempt of court. He is being held without bond.

Brooks is being held on multiple counts of failure to appear and contempt of court. She also is serving 154 days for another contempt of court charge. No murder charge had been brought against her as of Tuesday at 4 p.m. Her bond is currently set at $2,720 cash.

Harrodsburg Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Okay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

So this guy is now out of jail and posting on Myspace? Nice nice.. great law system we have
Duhhhh

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Ummm it says being held without bond! Read the posts from Bart's post amd maybe you will understand
Inquiriring Minds

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Okay wrote:
So this guy is now out of jail and posting on Myspace? Nice nice.. great law system we have
And if you went to his myspace page you would see it has been a while since he last logged in. I'm sure Bart just posted the link to the MySpace page so that everyone can put a face to the name.

Harrodsburg Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Inquiriring Minds wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you went to his myspace page you would see it has been a while since he last logged in. I'm sure Bart just posted the link to the MySpace page so that everyone can put a face to the name.
Yes that is what I was doing. Whenever I hear about someone on the news being charged with some sort of malfeasance, I like to look them up on MySpace.
Question

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Why does the article headline state that two people have been arrested on murder charges, yet the end of the article states that no murder charge had been brought against Brooks as of this afternoon? Am I missing something?
interested

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

I knew both of them when they were younger and am shocked. Hate it for the family. What's left of it.

Harrodsburg Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Question wrote:
Why does the article headline state that two people have been arrested on murder charges, yet the end of the article states that no murder charge had been brought against Brooks as of this afternoon? Am I missing something?
She will be charged. Just poor writing by the reporter.
wtf

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

I looked at his myspace pictures and I was just kind of curious as to why he has a photo cube with young girls pictures on it and one of the girs looks about 13 at the most. He looks like he's some kind of child molester for real.
Question

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Bart McQueary wrote:
<quoted text>
She will be charged. Just poor writing by the reporter.
Okay. I read it like 3 times because I thought maybe I was interpreting it wrong.
Question

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

wtf wrote:
I looked at his myspace pictures and I was just kind of curious as to why he has a photo cube with young girls pictures on it and one of the girs looks about 13 at the most. He looks like he's some kind of child molester for real.
Well I don't know the guy and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty so I won't try to "judge" him. Did you think that maybe possibly the pictures are nieces, cousins, etc?
interested

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

I thought it was a commercial for photo cube and didn't click on it.
Angry in Danville

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

interested wrote:
I knew both of them when they were younger and am shocked. Hate it for the family. What's left of it.
I know the family too. I can't believe anybody would hurt Debbie, let alone take her life!! Meagan is one screwed up girl and only God can help her and that thing she was involved with now! Debbie gave up everything for her and now HER LIFE!! OOOOO! This all has made me sick to my stomach!!! Who do they think they are?

Harrodsburg Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

Includes a video of Megan Brooks slinging snot and hoping that they find her mother's killer.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/53045142.h...
K thur 12

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

This is unbelievable that people don't have respect for people or for themselves. We are living in bad times.
so sad

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

i used to work with Debbie and Megan.... i cant believe that Megan could do something like that..... not to her own mother. That is so horrible.. i am in utter disbelief. I just wonder who's taking care of her child now. And i hope all is well with the rest of her family as well.
Chelsi

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Just so everyone on here knows I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
Kaylee (megan's daughter) is with our grandparents being taken great care of. Kaylee's father will soon be released from jail and after following all court orders will have custody of her. I think he is a great father and she will be just fine. The court is doing a great job with making sure she is very well taken care of.
Thank you all again for the caring thoughts & prayers.
As for my sister, at this point she is only charged & not yet convicted. Either way only God can judge her.
Debbie is & forever will be missed by all that knew her, she was a wonderful person & friend.
ghg

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

did she go to boyle county high?
Caxton

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Judged:

Chelsi wrote:
Just so everyone on here knows I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
Kaylee (megan's daughter) is with our grandparents being taken great care of. Kaylee's father will soon be released from jail and after following all court orders will have custody of her. I think he is a great father and she will be just fine. The court is doing a great job with making sure she is very well taken care of.
Thank you all again for the caring thoughts & prayers.
As for my sister, at this point she is only charged & not yet convicted. Either way only God can judge her.
Debbie is & forever will be missed by all that knew her, she was a wonderful person & friend.
Hmmm, I think that Megan will be judged by a jury of her peers if she takes it to trial. They will judge her like everyone else. So easy to say "only God can judge" when we want to excuse the behavior of others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min scirocco 150,909
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min DrDaleNYC 881
669 Beaumont Ave 55 min Speed racer 1
hannah fenwick 7 hr heard 1
gloria hamlin 15 hr happy 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 18 hr Ancient Wolf 81,594
mitch hensley 20 hr slim 5

Search the Harrodsburg Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Harrodsburg Jobs

•••