Goodbye two party system

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2013
The Obama administration is continuing it's shameful quest for the votes of special interests groups. This time it is women. Today they will announce that women are elgible to be combat foot soldiers.
Obama's recent speech was filled with pitches for votes from unions, gays, women, old people, and people on welfare. Heaven help this country, we are set up for 12 years of this. First with Obama to be followed with 8 years of Hillary and Bill Clinton.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Yes, God forbid that women be allowed to do the same things men do! Heaven help us all!
Goodbye two party system

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 Jan 24, 2013
My post was not meant to zero in on women in combat. The point is that Obama has choosen special intrest groups to favor. In this case it is women. He is telling women that he feels their pain and that he is for equal rights, even the right to die. His party is counting on the woman vote, just as it is counting on the gay vote, the poor vote, the old vote, and the union vote.

Regarding women in combat. That is a two edged sword. The right to combat means the obligation to be in combat.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Goodbye two party system wrote:
My post was not meant to zero in on women in combat. The point is that Obama has choosen special intrest groups to favor. In this case it is women. He is telling women that he feels their pain and that he is for equal rights, even the right to die. His party is counting on the woman vote, just as it is counting on the gay vote, the poor vote, the old vote, and the union vote.
Regarding women in combat. That is a two edged sword. The right to combat means the obligation to be in combat.
Besides that you're butt-hurt that your man lost, what is your point?
Old Native

Georgetown, KY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
They just can't except that their man Mitt lost! And that the so called conservative party is fading into obscurity!
Goodbye two party

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Jan 24, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides that you're butt-hurt that your man lost, what is your point?
It is simple. Omama and the Democratic party have locked up the vote of enough people to insure dominance. He has bought those votes from special interests through such policies as this one about women in combat. The Dems have the black vote. The Dems have the Hispanic vote. The Dems have the old vote. The Dems have the Union vote. The Dems have the gay vote. All of thse special groups have been bought with policies which give favor to people within the groups.

The two party system is essential to democracy. I happen to be a Democrat, but I am an American first and that is not what our politicans are at present, and that is both parties.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Goodbye two party wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple. Omama and the Democratic party have locked up the vote of enough people to insure dominance. He has bought those votes from special interests through such policies as this one about women in combat. The Dems have the black vote. The Dems have the Hispanic vote. The Dems have the old vote. The Dems have the Union vote. The Dems have the gay vote. All of thse special groups have been bought with policies which give favor to people within the groups.
The two party system is essential to democracy. I happen to be a Democrat, but I am an American first and that is not what our politicans are at present, and that is both parties.
So are you saying that the Republican Party needs to reach out to a more diversified base rather than just rich white people?

I'm still not understanding what your beef is.
I b damned

Stanford, KY

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Goodbye two party system wrote:
My post was not meant to zero in on women in combat. The point is that Obama has choosen special intrest groups to favor. In this case it is women.
Well, I never realised that women were a special intrest group. You're not too bright are you?
Goodby two party system

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Jan 25, 2013
I b damned wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I never realised that women were a special intrest group. You're not too bright are you?
Of course they are a special interest group. Want to get their votes? If you are in power, demonstrate that you intend to take care of women. The result is that women will vote for you.

Today, it was declared that public schools cannot deny handicapped children the right to participate in sports. Sounds great and who would want to deny handicapped or non handicapped children for that matter, the right to participate in sports. But can a child in a wheel chair run track or play football? Probably not, so the school must create a program where he can participate...such as wheel chair track. If I had a handicapped child I sure would be praising Obama today and Hillary would get my vote 4 years hence.

Lyndon Johnson created layers of benefits for the poor and we now have generations of welfare folks. Of course, they vote Democratic. Why would they not?

Those are just examples of social and financial programs that snare votes for the Democrats. If we are to have a two party system the Republicans will have to become more like Democrats and will mean the softening of the two party system. And the country will continue kicking the economic can down the road until economic disaster strikes and we become worse than Greece.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#10 Jan 25, 2013
Goodby two party system wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are a special interest group. Want to get their votes? If you are in power, demonstrate that you intend to take care of women. The result is that women will vote for you.
Today, it was declared that public schools cannot deny handicapped children the right to participate in sports. Sounds great and who would want to deny handicapped or non handicapped children for that matter, the right to participate in sports. But can a child in a wheel chair run track or play football? Probably not, so the school must create a program where he can participate...such as wheel chair track. If I had a handicapped child I sure would be praising Obama today and Hillary would get my vote 4 years hence.
Lyndon Johnson created layers of benefits for the poor and we now have generations of welfare folks. Of course, they vote Democratic. Why would they not?
Those are just examples of social and financial programs that snare votes for the Democrats. If we are to have a two party system the Republicans will have to become more like Democrats and will mean the softening of the two party system. And the country will continue kicking the economic can down the road until economic disaster strikes and we become worse than Greece.
I still don't understand what you're complaining about. Are you suggesting that equality is wrong? You're all over the board. Greece, Lyndon Johnson, women, handicapped children.... what point are you trying to make?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#11 Jan 25, 2013
Excellent story on this very subject: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/republican...

GOP prepares comeback:‘We can’t come off as a bunch of angry white men’
lol

United States

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Goodbye two party system wrote:
The Obama administration is continuing it's shameful quest for the votes of special interests groups. This time it is women. Today they will announce that women are elgible to be combat foot soldiers.
Obama's recent speech was filled with pitches for votes from unions, gays, women, old people, and people on welfare. Heaven help this country, we are set up for 12 years of this. First with Obama to be followed with 8 years of Hillary and Bill Clinton.
You are dumb. I agree with digger what exactly are you saying? Majority of republicans were for releasing the ban on women in combat. A gallop poll showed 70 percent of republicans and 83 percent of democrats were for the change. Obama haters crack me up how they try to use everything against him bc they are mad.
Sherlock Holmes

Harrodsburg, KY

#13 Jan 27, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't understand what you're complaining about. Are you suggesting that equality is wrong? You're all over the board. Greece, Lyndon Johnson, women, handicapped children.... what point are you trying to make?
I deduce that you simply have no insight into today's politics. I pay little attention to politics, but Doctor Watson does and he says that this fellow has a point. It is elementary my dear Digger. The Democrats want to stay in power. To stay in power they must deliver for certain groups of people. Therefore they cannot adjust runaway federal programs and they must continue to devise ways to snare other people.

While it is pleasant to live in a dream world it would seem wise to venture out of your cocoon of ignorance. Instead of reading only the agony column, it might be good for you to investigate the world around you.
clippers

Ft Mitchell, KY

#14 Jan 29, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
Yes, God forbid that women be allowed to do the same things men do! Heaven help us all!
god forbid they have to have their head shaved bald like the men.
they should be shaved!
buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz
Tits McGee

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Feb 6, 2013
I just ran up on this thread and have a different approach to it. First I am a lesbian woman with a common law wife and a couple of kids. I believe that I am 6 to a half dozen of any man. What most men do, I can do better. I don't want any special treatment either. A lady seal should have to have the same training as a man seal. If either our boy or girl wants to go into the army, I say let either compete. The fools that say that women can't fight as well as a man have never met me.
Horace Hanigan

Harrodsburg, KY

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Tits McGee wrote:
I just ran up on this thread and have a different approach to it. First I am a lesbian woman with a common law wife and a couple of kids. I believe that I am 6 to a half dozen of any man. What most men do, I can do better. I don't want any special treatment either. A lady seal should have to have the same training as a man seal. If either our boy or girl wants to go into the army, I say let either compete. The fools that say that women can't fight as well as a man have never met me.
Alright, you old gay broad. I'd like to see you march up Agony Hill at Fort Knox with a full field pack. You want live with men, fight with men, shower with men, and maybe die with men? You wouldn't have a chance. Women are not made right and they are not made to stand up to the physical activiites that combat requires. One thing though, at least, by the way you write you would not tempt a real man. Tend to your knitting and keep out of your way. You write that you have a so called wife and couple of kids. My the Lord help those kids.
Tits McGee

Harrodsburg, KY

#17 Feb 9, 2013
Horace Hanigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, you old gay broad. I'd like to see you march up Agony Hill at Fort Knox with a full field pack. You want live with men, fight with men, shower with men, and maybe die with men? You wouldn't have a chance. Women are not made right and they are not made to stand up to the physical activiites that combat requires. One thing though, at least, by the way you write you would not tempt a real man. Tend to your knitting and keep out of your way. You write that you have a so called wife and couple of kids. My the Lord help those kids.
I wrote it once and I will write it again. I am six to any man't half dozen any day. If a woman can do it, let her. If a weak man can't do it, kick him to the side. I am proud of myself and my family. We are as good as any family with a male and female as head of the household, and are better than most. This crap about women not being equal to men is just that. Crap. A new day is comming. Women and homosexual people are on the rise. If you cannot accept that fact, get out of the way, before we run over you.
iris

Lexington, KY

#18 Feb 14, 2013
women think this is great right now. wait until the bullets start flying .people being killed .and when they capture the women they going to wear that azz out
GayGirl

Harrodsburg, KY

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Horace Hanigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, you old gay broad. I'd like to see you march up Agony Hill at Fort Knox with a full field pack. You want live with men, fight with men, shower with men, and maybe die with men? You wouldn't have a chance. Women are not made right and they are not made to stand up to the physical activiites that combat requires. One thing though, at least, by the way you write you would not tempt a real man. Tend to your knitting and keep out of your way. You write that you have a so called wife and couple of kids. My the Lord help those kids.


Wow your seriously a egotistical bastard. Woman are just as equal as men this is the 21st century. Who is to say that a woman is not built for combat there are many women who put men to shame.Its a new day. Who the hell are you to judge. Who are you to feel sorry for her children when I bet you them children get everything they want or need. Who needs a man and woman household yes there are lesbians in the world and yes I am one. If we want to raise a child with our partners then fricken let us. We aren't throwing it in your damn face. I feel sorry for you because you have so much hate in your heart towards women.We aren't just made to cook and pop out kids. Grow up and stop being such a bigot. May gay have mercy on you for the hatred that you have in your heart.
Horace Hanigan

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Feb 22, 2013
GayGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow your seriously a egotistical bastard. Woman are just as equal as men this is the 21st century. Who is to say that a woman is not built for combat there are many women who put men to shame.Its a new day. Who the hell are you to judge. Who are you to feel sorry for her children when I bet you them children get everything they want or need. Who needs a man and woman household yes there are lesbians in the world and yes I am one. If we want to raise a child with our partners then fricken let us. We aren't throwing it in your damn face. I feel sorry for you because you have so much hate in your heart towards women.We aren't just made to cook and pop out kids. Grow up and stop being such a bigot. May gay have mercy on you for the hatred that you have in your heart.
You sound just like that old broad Tits McGee. It takes a man to shoulder a heavy pack and a rifle. I don't care that you are a he man lesbial you just are not made to fight with super weapons against strong men. Knitting socks, cooking, washing clothing and the like are what you are made of. Why don't you two old broads get together and play cow boys and indians with cap pistols.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bed bugs at charleston healthcare center in dan... 55 min information 3
david rice 2 hr you wish 5
Taxes, Taxes, and more taxes! 3 hr Slim 3
union coming to wausau 13 hr Sam 37
anita sallee 14 hr Sam 12
Chase Lewis (Dec '08) 19 hr Sierra 10
Poll what is the best feed to put out for deer (Sep '09) Wed Twelve point 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages