First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DOT

United States

#1 Nov 17, 2012
On this Thanksgiving Day , Nov, 22 , It will be 49 years since our President Kennedy was Assassinated. Never Forget.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#2 Nov 17, 2012
DOT wrote:
On this Thanksgiving Day , Nov, 22 , It will be 49 years since our President Kennedy was Assassinated. Never Forget.
I still remember that day. And the entire nation mourned the loss of our President. Unlike today when you'd have half the population celebrating like a bunch of traitors.
DOT

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2012
It still hurts to this day, I've watched the famous Zapruder film many, many times and how the last shot took the right side of his head off . Unbelievable.
hellman

United States

#4 Nov 18, 2012
digger, how would u remember that day wen I heard that u wernt born till 1971 ???

Baltimore, Maryland

#5 Nov 18, 2012
hellman wrote:
digger, how would u remember that day wen I heard that u wernt born till 1971 ???
I'm a little bit older than you think I am.
hellman

United States

#6 Nov 18, 2012
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little bit older than you think I am.
not what I seen. There's a page putting u as bein born in 71. Makes you in your early 40s so how could u possibly remember President kennedy assassination ? Ugotta remember what you post on the computer. Somthin bout "beastiality ????? Alright to get a little freaky but that took it a step too far.

Baltimore, Maryland

#7 Nov 18, 2012
hellman wrote:
<quoted text> not what I seen. There's a page putting u as bein born in 71. Makes you in your early 40s so how could u possibly remember President kennedy assassination ? Ugotta remember what you post on the computer. Somthin bout "beastiality ????? Alright to get a little freaky but that took it a step too far.
I was in 5th grade when Kennedy was assassinated, and sadly I'll never see my 40's again. You don't seem to know who or what you're talking about.
hellman

United States

#8 Nov 18, 2012
I kno exactly what I'm talkin about. How come its posted as u born in 71? somethin ain't on the up & its you. You don't cover ur tracks that well !

Baltimore, Maryland

#9 Nov 18, 2012
hellman wrote:
I kno exactly what I'm talkin about. How come its posted as u born in 71? somethin ain't on the up & its you. You don't cover ur tracks that well !
I've never said I was born in 1971.
hellman

United States

#10 Nov 18, 2012
you put it on some weird thread as bein born in 71. To each his own. I guess som people gotta get their freak on.??

Baltimore, Maryland

#11 Nov 18, 2012
hellman wrote:
you put it on some weird thread as bein born in 71. To each his own. I guess som people gotta get their freak on.??
No I didn't. With all respect you've got me confused with someone else.

I'd like to concentrate on President Kennedy if we could, please.
brave native

United States

#12 Nov 19, 2012
71,maybe thats when he finnally sobered up,and realized what he or she was doing,i don,t remember the day keenedy was killed,i was only around 5,at the the time,thats something. I young perso wouldn,t be able to remember,besides he was murdered,by the gov,oh,well may his memory live on,one the better pres,we ever had and one of the last,
what the

United States

#13 Nov 19, 2012
I remember my mother crying as we stared at the tv & the next thing was Lee harvey oswald being shot by jack ruby ! Before he died he said to camera " I'm just the patsy "! What a damn shame. Jackie kennedy was only 33 or 34. When her husband died. Her famous pink outfit is locked away . Sure would like to read the papers they keep pushing back for the american public NOT to read.

Baltimore, Maryland

#14 Nov 19, 2012
When we came in from recess our teacher announced it to the class. You could tell that she had been crying. Several kids started crying when she told us. You don't forget something like that when you're 10.

It was a dark moment for us all. It's a stark contrast to today when schools are afraid to show a speech by the President directed at school children. Then parents scratch their heads and wonder where the lack of respect comes from.
Rosey

Barnesville, OH

#15 Nov 19, 2012
Damn Digger, talk about respect, ur the most unrespectful liar ever, and yea u seem to forget u also put u had two kids to feed on food stamps. why is it when u get caught in ur lies, u say ,oh u must have me confused with someone else???? Guess u are scratching ur head all the time and trying to figure out what respect is. yo moma lacked teaching you very much of anything. Did she tell u the Kennedy's were connected with the mafia?? now get on here and disagree, tell us all about it, and how much u thought of him.u were so young back then u didn't concern ur self with who the president was!!!! But we're waiting for u to tell us all about it.......

Baltimore, Maryland

#16 Nov 19, 2012
Rosey wrote:
Damn Digger, talk about respect, ur the most unrespectful liar ever, and yea u seem to forget u also put u had two kids to feed on food stamps. why is it when u get caught in ur lies, u say ,oh u must have me confused with someone else???? Guess u are scratching ur head all the time and trying to figure out what respect is. yo moma lacked teaching you very much of anything. Did she tell u the Kennedy's were connected with the mafia?? now get on here and disagree, tell us all about it, and how much u thought of him.u were so young back then u didn't concern ur self with who the president was!!!! But we're waiting for u to tell us all about it.......
When did I say that I had two kids to feed on food stamps? It seems like you suffer from the same malady that someone else does. Some comment sticks in your head, and you misattribute it to me.

Rosey, I come from a different time. When I was 10, the President of the United States was someone you were taught to respect. It was very uncommon to hear anyone bad mouth the President, even if they didn't vote for him. It was a matter of respecting the office. Coming out of WWII and Korea, we were closer as a nation than we are today.

So yes at 10 years old, the President being assassinated was a very big deal. Perhaps you should go and read or watch some of the interviews with people who were my age or younger when it happened.
Rosey

United States

#17 Nov 19, 2012
No,No shuga u absolutely made the comment, and as far as respect,,,, u don't know or have respect for anything or at least u don't apply it on here,
don'tsuffer from no malady, and I know all about the assination, and who all were involved, and my guess the Mafia was behind it all, and also his brother that was involved with Marilyn Monroe. The only good thing he ever said was ( it's not what ur country can do for u but u can do for ur country, So true but there lots right now expect the country to take care of them. food stamps and all.
Dot

United States

#18 Nov 19, 2012
For me., It was one of the most important , shocking, sad moments in my life ( and for many others ) no rhyme or reason or atlleast not to me., I've heard the so & so's & castro , Sam Giancana, LBJ himself wanted him dead , J. Edgar hoover ( the cross dresser ).the list goes on. Many people loved President Kennedy . He gave ppl hope.
No more Camelot

Harrodsburg, KY

#19 Nov 20, 2012
I was young when Kennedy was killed and it depressed me. I like everyone else idolized Kennedy. We did not know about his fake marriage, his womanizing, his connection with Chicago Mafia godfather Sam Giancanna, their common girl friend, and Kennedy's scheme to have Giananna use his Mafia connection to kill Fidel Castro.

Much has been written about Kennedy since his death. It would be worthwhile for people who still think of Kennedy as they did 50 years ago to read about what the man was really about.
Dot

United States

#21 Nov 20, 2012
President Kennedy's father, Joseph Kennedy , had a reputation. He was wealthy. I think he made his money from selling liquor during prohibtion but there's been ten thousand books written. Rumors of affairs. I don't know if ALL are true. Maybe some & probaly a lot that aren't. President Kennedy did love his wife & she him. She never left his side in Dallas. Her blood soaked legs & she Refused to change her clothes. She said " I want them to see what they've done" secret service said she covered the president 's head with a coat & tried to push"his brains" back in his head. I plan on watching another JFK memorial on history channel or whichever. It , to me, is the right thing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haha 1 hr truth 2
leave bill cosby alone 3 hr Wollard 11
les 8 hr OMG 3
quarantine the nurse 17 hr Realistic Charley 15
Dustin Williams 18 hr You r gross 11
Kenneth Williams Sat Curious 7
the guy that drives new red camaro in Harrodsburg Sat Likin-It 4
Harrodsburg Dating
Find my Match

Harrodsburg People Search