Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81693 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97488 May 24, 2014
The bicycle collection was brought up to riding par Saturday afternoon. Personally I think it looked great with the 4 of us tooling along on our blue vintage coaster bikes--3 Schwinn and an old Huffy. Now to rub off the rust and spray them with a clear coat and we will be stylin'!
lol

London, KY

#97490 May 25, 2014
good afternoon bird lovas. beautiful day and so on. lots of cleaning and laundry to do today. i see a mani--pedi in the near future lol. mixed drinks in the near future lol.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#97494 May 26, 2014
Memorial Day services at Camp Nelson National Cemetary today at 11 am. During the Civil War, over 10,000 African-Americans enlisted there after the Emancipation Proclamation freed any males that would join the Union. It was also a supply depot for the invasion into the South and much ahead of it's time with a hydraulic pump system to pump water from the Kentucky River. Adjacent to the cemetary is an Historic visitor's museum.

Many Civil War Veterans are buried there in one section, but it has been expanded to include those that gave the Supreme Sacrifice in later wars.

For some interesting reading, Google "Simpsonville Slaughter". It was where a number of blacks were murdered when all they were doing was herding cattle from Camp Nelson to a rail head in Louisville. We hear much about the masacre of surrendered troops during WW2 by the Germans, and even something about the Native Americans at Wounded Knee, but the Simpsonville Slaughter has long been forgotten by most folks.
who cares

Winchester, KY

#97497 May 27, 2014
their birds, get over it
Little sister

United States

#97498 May 27, 2014
Strawberry season is in full swing here. Have picked 19 quarts out of our little patch so far! Going in the freezer for now, maybe make some jam later!
lol

Manchester, KY

#97499 May 27, 2014
good afternoon bird lovas. beautiful day. lots to do before leaving. happy tuesday :)

Location hidden

#97500 May 27, 2014
What a beautiful day!! The allergy bug hit me big time over the weekend so I was mighty thankful someone else did the cooking for the family picnic.
Our newest family member has been named Tweety Bird. His cage sits on the window seat and he loves to sit on top of the cage and look through the window at the cats staring at him . Lol. Guess he's just keeping an eye on the enemy.. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97501 May 28, 2014
Playing solitaire til dawn
with a deck of 51
smoking cigarettes and
watching Captan Kangaroo
Sam

Stanford, KY

#97503 May 28, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Playing solitaire til dawn
with a deck of 51
smoking cigarettes and
watching Captan Kangaroo
Statler Brothers, Flowers on the Wall
Blueminer

Atlanta, GA

#97507 May 28, 2014
Now don't tell meee I've nothing to do.
Blueminer

Atlanta, GA

#97508 May 28, 2014
who cares wrote:
their birds, get over it
Well just how high can you fly?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#97509 May 28, 2014
Hey Blue. How ya been?

"I believe I can fly,
I believe I can touch the sky.
I think about it every night and day.
Spread my wings and fly away.
I believe I can soar.
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly"..........

(I just can't sleep, HAHA! Might as well make a cup of coffee I suppose)...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97510 May 28, 2014
Off we go, into the wild blue yonder

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#97511 May 29, 2014
Climbing high into the sun!
lol

Twinsburg, OH

#97512 May 29, 2014
beautiful morning bird lovas. leaving today for small trip. happy thursday
Eve

United States

#97513 May 29, 2014
Birds ?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#97516 May 29, 2014
Indeed, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has publicly admitted it is responsible for the mass poisoning of tens of millions of birds over the last several years. It’s all part of the USDA’s program called “Bye Bye Blackbird,” and we even have the USDA’s spreadsheet where they document how many millions of birds (and other animals) they’ve poisoned to death.

http://conspiracy-watch.org/usda-admits-to-sl...

Location hidden

#97522 May 31, 2014
Good evening!! Rough week with this upper respiratory mess. It has put me down for real. I did a little trip to Garden of the Gods in Shawnee National Forest (southern Illinois). Nature in all its beauty!! Definitely not a tourist trap! The CCC worked on this project and one of the info plaques stated the workers received $1. a day and also their clothing, lodging and food. At pay time the CCC worker Kept $5 for himself and sent the rest to his family . The land had been farmed out and the whole area was offered to the government --depression times-- the government purchased the land and brought in the CCC to develop it. Well, its lush and beautiful now !
Tollesboro Guy

United States

#97523 May 31, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Good evening!! Rough week with this upper respiratory mess. It has put me down for real. I did a little trip to Garden of the Gods in Shawnee National Forest (southern Illinois). Nature in all its beauty!! Definitely not a tourist trap! The CCC worked on this project and one of the info plaques stated the workers received $1. a day and also their clothing, lodging and food. At pay time the CCC worker Kept $5 for himself and sent the rest to his family . The land had been farmed out and the whole area was offered to the government --depression times-- the government purchased the land and brought in the CCC to develop it. Well, its lush and beautiful now !
Anne,

There is a "Garden of The Gods" in Colorado Springs, CO as well. All amazing rock formations carved out by flowing water and an ancient glacier (I think) If you ever get a chance.... Glad you enjoyed the other one too. I think we all live in The Garden of God.:-)

Thanks,

Rick

Location hidden

#97524 May 31, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,

There is a "Garden of The Gods" in Colorado Springs, CO as well. All amazing rock formations carved out by flowing water and an ancient glacier (I think) If you ever get a chance.... Glad you enjoyed the other one too. I think we all live in The Garden of God.:-)

Thanks,

Rick
I used to live in high desert. The only grass being in a carefully tended lawn. My front lawn looked great! Healthy soft and lush. Dandelions were immediately removed as soon as they showed their little yellow faces. Back yard was pitiful lol. All around were rocks. Lots of them . I missed the green of Kentucky so much. I thought I'd be glad to get out of that "God-forsaken" hole. That's how I thought of it "God -forsaken". Then the scripture about the God telling about if the people didnt praise Him, then the very rocks would cry out to Him.
Luke 19:40. Well! Then those rocks are very important to Him and God surely would not forsake them! My attitude towards all those brown rocks took a turn! Don't get me wrong, I was glad when the time came to move back to lots of trees in lawns, woods and forests and I'd rather mow than not have grass to mow ...but my outlook towards Gods creation was enlightened for the better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casey Wheeler 37 min Meeee 2
Snapchat usernames 1 hr Bootydog 9
Robby rogers 5 hr Mr_Big 2
Gary 5 hr Paula 4
Brandon yates 6 hr Homie 39
Cari Simpson 6 hr Mark 9
Vince Coulter (May '13) 8 hr Glenda 7

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance