First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scooter

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 May 29, 2013
Would someone please tell me why it is the police can be called to a place where drugs are going down and they never do anything about it? What is wrong with our law enforcement today? We have watched our neighbor deal drugs and have called the police and they do nothing. Craig Peavlers house on Allah Ave is nothing but a drug house and the police have been called when activity has been going on there, and the police just sit in the church parking lot and watch?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#2 May 29, 2013
Scooter wrote:
Would someone please tell me why it is the police can be called to a place where drugs are going down and they never do anything about it? What is wrong with our law enforcement today? We have watched our neighbor deal drugs and have called the police and they do nothing. Craig Peavlers house on Allah Ave is nothing but a drug house and the police have been called when activity has been going on there, and the police just sit in the church parking lot and watch?
It's got a lot to do with the Constitution. You calling the police and reporting drug activity certainly is helpful, but it's not probable cause to issue a warrant. What do you expect to happen? Every patrolman and deputy sheriff in the county to arrive and knock the front door down with a battering ram... just because you called?

Now you say that you have watched your neighbor deal drugs. What do you mean by that exactly? Aren't you really saying that you've seen people come to his house at all hours of the day and night? That's not against the law.

I'd suggest that you study up on when police can stop someone and when a search warrant can be issued. Having a lot of "company" isn't probable cause for anything.
mercer

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 30, 2013
It would be great to know why cops think its OK to drive like they are in the getaway car. I swear, some of them are full throttle on every takeoff and do 20 over the speed limit. The dark haired chubby one is going to kill someone!! Oh, and they drive this way with their lights OFF!! Maybe it is time to bring back the citizens arrest.
hrm

Richmond, KY

#4 May 30, 2013
mercer wrote:
It would be great to know why cops think its OK to drive like they are in the getaway car. I swear, some of them are full throttle on every takeoff and do 20 over the speed limit. The dark haired chubby one is going to kill someone!! Oh, and they drive this way with their lights OFF!! Maybe it is time to bring back the citizens arrest.
Why don't you call the sheriff or chief about it?
ron

Sacramento, CA

#5 May 30, 2013
mercer wrote:
Maybe he heard they had hot fried at McD's and needs to get there in a hurry?
dee

Lebanon, KY

#6 May 30, 2013
mercer wrote:
same damn reason one thought it was ok for him to run a yield sign and pull out in front of me the other day,good thing I didn't have daughter in car I would have hit him just to prove a point.
Really

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 May 30, 2013
If you guys think the police department is doing such a bad job or are going to cause accidents get their car number and call the police chief. If you don't say or do anything about it then what can be done??? Complaining about it on topixs does not change a darn thing! Plus I'd like to see some of you walk a day in their shoes..
hopper

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 May 30, 2013
Get the id number or license plate number of the police car . Report it to attorney generals office . Harrodsburg police dept wont do anything .
Really

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 May 30, 2013
Well I can tell you reporting mishaps to the chief will do something. They have had many reports/complaints on one officer and the chief is working on investigating these reports. The chief does take reports seriously and will do something about it.
jonathon

Harrodsburg, KY

#10 May 30, 2013
The chief isn't doing anything . I filed a complaint on the 1 cop your probably talking about 6 months ago . The chief told me they had already had 17 complaints on him . When the investigiation was over , chief said cop was having a bad day & dimissed the case .
Funny

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 May 30, 2013
Yes like the chief was going to investigate Jason Elder when parents first filed their complaint. Well what was done by a chief in command then. NOTHING. Like it will be done again about any of their police officers.
perfect sense

Winchester, KY

#12 May 30, 2013
dee wrote:
text>same damn reason one thought it was ok for him to run a yield sign and pull out in front of me the other day,good thing I didn't have daughter in car I would have hit him just to prove a point.
Yes, it makes perfect sense to prove a point by hitting someone with your car ONLY when you have your daughter IN the car with you! True, the officer should have yielded at the sign but other than taking a chance on hurting your daughter what was going to change about this situation by having her in the car? You should have went on and let him hit you. Maybe by some chance it might would have knocked some sense into you so that you wouldn't be posting stupid shit like this!! Who in their right mind would want to have a wreck with their child in the car?
Brad Logan

Harrodsburg, KY

#13 May 31, 2013
Sounds like the police dept. is in this forum trying to encourage you to complain. Sorry as hell HPD
road runner

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Jun 5, 2013
there are a few good police officers and then there are those that would rather eat than do their job. Mr. Godbey still does a pretty good job. But Peyton that's another story in itself.
All of them

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Jun 16, 2013
They need to get rid of all of them CITY & COUNTY, clean the slate an start completely new!!!!!!!!!!
Please

United States

#16 Jun 17, 2013
Really wrote:
If you guys think the police department is doing such a bad job or are going to cause accidents get their car number and call the police chief. If you don't say or do anything about it then what can be done??? Complaining about it on topixs does not change a darn thing! Plus I'd like to see some of you walk a day in their shoes..
Walk a day in their shoes what a boring day that would b all hpd does in this town is loaf or harass people for no good reason and I know that I am not the only one that feels that way
Know what to do

United States

#17 Jun 17, 2013
All of them wrote:
They need to get rid of all of them CITY & COUNTY, clean the slate an start completely new!!!!!!!!!!
call rose bishop
true blue

United States

#18 Jun 17, 2013
Know what to do wrote:
<quoted text> call rose bishop
yeah , what happened to THAT thread the other day ???
true blue

United States

#19 Jun 17, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
It's got a lot to do with the Constitution. You calling the police and reporting drug activity certainly is helpful, but it's not probable cause to issue a warrant. What do you expect to happen? Every patrolman and deputy sheriff in the county to arrive and knock the front door down with a battering ram... just because you called?
Now you say that you have watched your neighbor deal drugs. What do you mean by that exactly? Aren't you really saying that you've seen people come to his house at all hours of the day and night? That's not against the law.
I'd suggest that you study up on when police can stop someone and when a search warrant can be issued. Having a lot of "company" isn't probable cause for anything.
I gotta agree with u digger on this . I have company like a lot of us do but weren't not doing dope unless taking the occasional ibuprofen ! Just becos someone has some company & it may be late at night , does not a drug deal make . That's one of the bad things about living in small community . Too many got their noses against the window looking at neighbors and off to Topix they go . Don't be a nosy neighbor .
Wow

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Jun 17, 2013
true blue wrote:
<quoted text> I gotta agree with u digger on this . I have company like a lot of us do but weren't not doing dope unless taking the occasional ibuprofen ! Just becos someone has some company & it may be late at night , does not a drug deal make . That's one of the bad things about living in small community . Too many got their noses against the window looking at neighbors and off to Topix they go . Don't be a nosy neighbor .
Then your probably quilty of doing something if you think your neighbor is nosey!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mercer schools 6 hr Mercer mom 76
Easterling Trial 13 hr Citizen 15
Zachary Lay (Apr '16) Thu Joe18 114
Alvin buck and christy sallee Thu Jack 4
Vote for the STUPID Thu Clown tracker 3
Hitachi Wed Citizen 7
Support the Russians. Vote Democrats Feb 21 check 7

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance