McConnell v Lundergan-Grimes v ?

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

Senate Race in 2014

Louisville, KY

#1 Jul 4, 2013
Would anyone like to see a third party or independent candidate in this election? I won't vote for either of these two.
SNL

New Albany, IN

#2 Jul 4, 2013
Mamaw McConnell should've been put out to pasture years ago, and I worry what influence her sleazeball of a father has over Lundergran-Grimes. Third party candidates don't usually win, though, just split the votes enough to re-elect the incumbent.
Senate Race in 2014

Louisville, KY

#3 Jul 4, 2013
I agree with you on all three points. But I will not vote for a Democrat period, and McConnell has not voted the way I expected on quite a few things. So if another candidate runs they will have my vote (unless they are an idiot). Preferably a liberty candidate or libertarian. I would like to see a good tea party candidate run against Mitch in the primary.
SNL

New Albany, IN

#4 Jul 4, 2013
From what I've seen, I like the Libertarian Party too. They're racking up a decent re-election rate, so apparently they're doing good work in office. That's where you and I part ways, though...lol!

I'm a registered Independent, so I don't refuse to vote for a qualified candidate, no matter what their political party.

I disagree with most of the Tea Party's platform, and I'm very suspicious of where they get their funding. I urge you to do some research on that subject. In my opinion, "good tea party candidate" is an oxymoron.

Hopefully, neither one of us will vote for an idiot, but it's looking like that may be our only option. It's going to be a matter of the devil we know vs. the devil we don't.
Senate Race in 2014

Louisville, KY

#5 Jul 4, 2013
I guess it really doesn't matter as far as a tea party candidate anyhow. They wouldn't make it past the primary. So what makes a candidate qualified in your eyes? Do they need to have prior experience in politics?
SNL

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 4, 2013
Prior political experience wouldn't be a deal breaker, but career politicians need not apply, as far as I'm concerned. We've had enough officials who are basically just puppets for their party. I'd prefer someone who has the stones to actually represent their entire constituency, not pander to their voter base. An honest, well-educated moderate, who is successful in business, but not so successful that they've forgotten what it's like to work in the trenches would get my vote.

What about you? What are your specs?
Sandy Hopkins

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 Jul 5, 2013
I would love to vote for someone other than McConnell. I cannot. I fear McConnell less than I fear Obama. McConnell is a bur under Obama's saddle that I think must continue.

The Democrats have scoured the state to find a female to run against McConnell. They finally found one. They count on female solidarity and they think that women will cast their vote for a member of their own sex.

Just as they have done in the with a illegal recording, the Democrats will attempt to portray Grimes as the innocent sweet little thing who is being degraded by the big ugly Republican.

Vote for whom ever you choose, but know this: If you have a problem with Obama, a vote for Grimes is a vote to help free Obama to do as he pleases.

Note also, the by delaying the implementation of a major part of Obama care the Democrats have put off the pain that they know would keep them from taking complete control of congress.
SNL

Louisville, KY

#8 Jul 5, 2013
Sandy Hopkins wrote:
I would love to vote for someone other than McConnell. I cannot. I fear McConnell less than I fear Obama. McConnell is a bur under Obama's saddle that I think must continue.
The Democrats have scoured the state to find a female to run against McConnell. They finally found one. They count on female solidarity and they think that women will cast their vote for a member of their own sex.
Just as they have done in the with a illegal recording, the Democrats will attempt to portray Grimes as the innocent sweet little thing who is being degraded by the big ugly Republican.
Vote for whom ever you choose, but know this: If you have a problem with Obama, a vote for Grimes is a vote to help free Obama to do as he pleases.
Note also, the by delaying the implementation of a major part of Obama care the Democrats have put off the pain that they know would keep them from taking complete control of congress.
It's a shame that you feel you have to vote for someone you don't want to, and even though I disagree with you, I do understand. I wasn't terribly enthused about voting Obama/Biden in for a second term, but the thought of Romney/Ryan running the country gave me nightmares.

The Republicans have made it quite clear that their efforts are focused not on their constituents, but on blocking anything and everything that President Obama presents. The Democrats are neglecting their constituents as well, hell bent on *passing* anything and everything President Obama presents. I'd like to see both parties abandon this ridiculous pissing contest they're in and work together to reach some reasonable compromises. Sheesh, chimps with iPads could do a better job!

The recording you mentioned, whether illegal or not, was heinous. I'm glad Mamaw got his bonnet busted on that one. If Lundergran-Grimes adopts those same spiteful tactics, I hope she gets caught too. There's no need for that kind of crap, yet both parties sling it with abandon. It's that kind of dirty politics that polarizes our country and makes meeting in the middle unlikely, if not downright impossible.

Lacking a viable third party candidate, I probably will vote for Lundergran-Grimes, unless she starts acting like Mamaw. Then I'll do what I always do - make my own little statement of dissent by writing in Gatewood Galbraith. Even in his grave, he's a better human being than most of the politicians above ground.

Sandy Hopkins

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Jul 6, 2013
I too am disgusted with our politicians. I well remember our social studies teacher telling us how wonderful our democracy was with our senators and representatives going to Washington to represent us. Nothing could be further from the truth. These jokers look after their party.

So it comes down to which you dislike the least. In the case of McConnell, he is not good, but as I said earlier, he is a counter point to Obama and we need that. So I will have to go with McConnell, even though I will have to hold my nose.

I voted for Obama the first time. I felt that I had had enough of Bush and that it was time that we had a black president. Instead of uniting us, he has divided us. His foreign policy is disastrous as his support for the Muslim Brotherhood has proven. He is a master politician who uses tricks like putting off much of the hurt for Obama care until after the midterm election. His recent family trip to Africa cost the tax payers millions of dollars and accomplished nothing but PR and endearment to this country's African Americans.

Sadly Hillary Clinton is next in line. Like Grimes, she is sure that she will get a clear majority of the female vote and she is right.

There are no Mr. Smiths in Washington.
SNL

Louisville, KY

#10 Jul 6, 2013
Sandy Hopkins wrote:
I too am disgusted with our politicians. I well remember our social studies teacher telling us how wonderful our democracy was with our senators and representatives going to Washington to represent us. Nothing could be further from the truth. These jokers look after their party.
So it comes down to which you dislike the least. In the case of McConnell, he is not good, but as I said earlier, he is a counter point to Obama and we need that. So I will have to go with McConnell, even though I will have to hold my nose.
I voted for Obama the first time. I felt that I had had enough of Bush and that it was time that we had a black president. Instead of uniting us, he has divided us. His foreign policy is disastrous as his support for the Muslim Brotherhood has proven. He is a master politician who uses tricks like putting off much of the hurt for Obama care until after the midterm election. His recent family trip to Africa cost the tax payers millions of dollars and accomplished nothing but PR and endearment to this country's African Americans.
Sadly Hillary Clinton is next in line. Like Grimes, she is sure that she will get a clear majority of the female vote and she is right.
There are no Mr. Smiths in Washington.
Even though it's not a laughing matter, I had to smile at your visual of voters holding their nose with one hand and marking their ballot with the other.

You and I must be close to the same age (I remember when they called it Social Studies, too!), and feel many of the same frustrations. I disagree that President Obama has divided the country, though - I think the blame for that lies at the feet of Congress on both sides of the aisle.

So what do we do? How do we find candidates that will truly represent us? That's a semi-rhetorical question, but I'd be interested to hear your ideas. Since throwing all the bums out and starting from scratch isn't a realistic option, I'd love to see term limits in place myself. Perhaps if more seats were open, more Mr.(or Ms.) Smiths might be willing to toss their hat in the ring.

On a personal note, it's been a pleasure to exchange opinions with civilized folk. So many political threads on here devolve to sophomoric insults, and I'm glad this one hasn't. It gives me hope that there is still intelligent life out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HATERS of UK 2 hr mom says 51
Caleb Lunsford came out? 2 hr mom says 11
What's up with Regna Murray evicrting everyone? 3 hr GET YOUR FACTS ST... 21
jason elder 3 hr Deez Nuts 22
Jeremy Heard sexual harassment 4 hr Aunt T Histimine 7
Prostitutes (Sep '14) 4 hr brandi 28
Hitachi couples? 6 hr realist 13
More from around the web

Harrodsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE