17 year old that died on Perryville Rd
So Sorry

Nicholasville, KY

#47 Nov 3, 2011
It is a bad road and curvy but it would help tremendously if everyone would slow down. Just slow down. Not only Perryville Road but every single road around.
road driver

United States

#48 Nov 3, 2011
On that curve u don't have to be speeding to wreck if u drive it any u would know
Digger

Lexington, KY

#49 Nov 3, 2011
road driver wrote:
On that curve u don't have to be speeding to wreck if u drive it any u would know
I've went down that road probably well over a thousand times and I've never wrecked there. How many people do you think travel that road and never wreck there? I would assume that there are thousands of people who live along 68 and the side roads thereof that travel that road every day. Yet how many accidents occur there in a week's time?
While it is very sad, speeding and inattention killed this young girl.
So Sorry

Nicholasville, KY

#50 Nov 3, 2011
Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
I've went down that road probably well over a thousand times and I've never wrecked there. How many people do you think travel that road and never wreck there? I would assume that there are thousands of people who live along 68 and the side roads thereof that travel that road every day. Yet how many accidents occur there in a week's time?
While it is very sad, speeding and inattention killed this young girl.
And Wet roads and no seat belt either. Maybe someone will read this and wake up and do what is there for their own safety.
and

Harrodsburg, KY

#51 Nov 3, 2011
and 'texting' but everyone's keeping that hush hush! they always use accidents for drinking and driving campaigns and ads.....why not use this accident as texting and seatbelt campaign
Digger

Lexington, KY

#52 Nov 3, 2011
and wrote:
and 'texting' but everyone's keeping that hush hush! they always use accidents for drinking and driving campaigns and ads.....why not use this accident as texting and seatbelt campaign
Because then that would make it her fault. Just like Sophia Ammons. They need to use that as an example of train crossing safety, but instead we hear about the sun being in her eyes and wanting to install crossing arms, which won't keep the sun out of your eyes.
miss you Alyssa

Harrodsburg, KY

#53 Nov 3, 2011
Alyssa wasn't texting. Ernie checked the records & she sent a txt 20 min before & recieved none after that. There has been over 230 wrecks from that curve this year (that's why it's called dead mans curve!) & after 2 lives taken their finally doing somethin about it. Alyssa wasn't wearing her seatbelt & it possibly could have saved her if she was. Guess that teaches everyone something. Wear your seatbelt! R.I.P beautiful angel. I miss you <3
So Sorry

Nicholasville, KY

#54 Nov 3, 2011
miss you Alyssa wrote:
Alyssa wasn't texting. Ernie checked the records & she sent a txt 20 min before & recieved none after that. There has been over 230 wrecks from that curve this year (that's why it's called dead mans curve!) & after 2 lives taken their finally doing somethin about it. Alyssa wasn't wearing her seatbelt & it possibly could have saved her if she was. Guess that teaches everyone something. Wear your seatbelt! R.I.P beautiful angel. I miss you <3
I think that it was 200 plus wrecks in 9 years not this year.
Digger

Lexington, KY

#55 Nov 3, 2011
miss you Alyssa wrote:
Over 230 wrecks in 11 months in the same curve?? Bullshit!
Maybe

Prospect, KY

#56 Nov 3, 2011
Prayers for the Kelty Family. Also, she still may have been texting and not have sent the text yet!! Please wear your seatbelts and don't text or talk on the phone while driving..RIP Alyssa
So Sorry

Nicholasville, KY

#57 Nov 3, 2011
Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 230 wrecks in 11 months in the same curve?? Bullshit!
That is almost a wreck a day. Doubt that is true.
friend of alyssa kelty

United States

#58 Nov 3, 2011
Alyssa was sweetheart and she will be greatly missed I was in school with her one year and then I got taken out of school alyssa great ataleat and never had a negative thought on anyone and will be greatly missed and loved by all her class mates and fellow cheerleaders I love and miss u alyssa
lady

Harrodsburg, KY

#59 Nov 4, 2011
So Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is almost a wreck a day. Doubt that is true.
the lady they interviewed on 18 news that lived in that curve said over 217 in the past 9 YEARS.....she's been logging them. go back and look at the news footage on lex 18 website
idk

Harrodsburg, KY

#60 Nov 4, 2011
miss you Alyssa wrote:
I dont know but its going around that she was texting brooke mcginnis right when it happened.
STOP

Chicago, IL

#61 Nov 4, 2011
Oh for heaven sakes, stop it! All of you that are saying well she should have been wearing a seat belt, she should have not been texting, she should have not been speeding. We all know those are things we shouldn't do ok? But saying what she should have done, doesnt' change anything. She's gone home so let her rest! And Stop talking about what you think she could have done that may have prevented her from dying. You know what the saying is.. "if a frog had wings he wouldn't have busted his ass". Let her rest, give her peace. Let her family, fellow teammates, school friends and community wrap their mind around what has happened so that they can go forward. My daugher was a very close friend of her's and she's struggling, asking a lot of questions and confused about some things. And one of her questions is why are people saying it's her fault because she reads crap like this. Again, we all know how things "possibly" might have been prevented, but it wasn't so let it go!!!

Peace with you Alyssa.. and all of us left behind.
FYI

Beattyville, KY

#62 Nov 4, 2011
It is really sad people get on here and say things like they do,but here is a thought the Lord has a plan for her. NOW LET HER AND HER FAMILY, FRIENDS REST and get though this tough time and pray for them.
Just Wondering

Tonawanda, NY

#63 Nov 5, 2011
Did they use a paint scraper to get her out of the car?
amazed

Harrodsburg, KY

#64 Nov 5, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
STUPID IDIOT IS ALL THAT CAN BE SAID TO YOU!!!!!!!
amazed

Harrodsburg, KY

#65 Nov 5, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
You are an idiot and that's all that can be said!!!
Just Wondering

Tonawanda, NY

#66 Nov 5, 2011
You had to tell me twice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dope 2 hr Jackie 8
Michelle Allen (Mar '10) 4 hr Brownsugar4151 9
Hot woman next to tattoo shop 4 hr shiny 3
Zach Henninger 6 hr Zach Henniger 1
Trump's tax's 15 hr Kelso 6
Harvey hines 15 hr Kelso 11
Pitino peeeed off by heckler 16 hr Teecambas 1

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance