Next Last
concerned

United States

#1 Oct 28, 2011
Who is it?
friend of hers

United States

#2 Oct 28, 2011
It was Alyssa Kelty. They announced it on the news. She had her mother and I think they said brother with her. They wasn't injured badly. Alyssa sadly lost her life. She was loved by many and will be missed dearly. R.I.P. babygirl.
Sad news

Lebanon, KY

#3 Oct 28, 2011
So, so sad, will say a prayer for her family.
grandmother

United States

#4 Oct 28, 2011
Every parent should hug their kids a little tighter tonight. Our prayers are with this family
He Is Back

Hueysville, KY

#10 Oct 28, 2011
scratch wrote:
looks like the devil came to collect
Looks like Bart is back. His hatred overides any decency that one would expect from someone with normal thoughts. Sometimes the devil is in human form.
God will continue to bless the Kelty family even through this tragedy. Prayers will abound the Kelty family through this community.
sad day

Georgetown, KY

#11 Oct 28, 2011
It breaks my heart that this young lady lost her life. I didn't even know her, but I have a 17 year old granddaughter and I can not imagine the pain this family is going through. It further breaks my heart that people can be so heartless and to make such ignorant comments as Scratch. My prayers go up for the Kelty family that the Lord will wrap his arms around you. Also praying that the heartless ones who always make derogatory comments on this sight will change their hatred attitude.
friend of hers

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2011
scratch wrote:
Do you think your cool with these comments? A CHILD lost her life today! It's effected many people, everyone at school loved her. She will definately be missed. Everyone is going to miss her smiling face, happy personality, and dumb little jokes. I wasn't the best of her friends, but we was sorta close. She was an amazing and inspiring person. Monday at school, its not going to be the same. I'm going to miss seeing her and smiling at each other in the halls. I know she is looking over us and my prayers go out to her family and to her close friends. Please keep her in your prayers. I love you Alyssa, keep watching over us prettygirl. R.I.P.
Houston mccrystal

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Oct 28, 2011
I don't see how anyone could say such an awful thing about alyssa! She was one of the kindest people! And if you have anything bad to say about some who just lost there life then that is just beyond sad and you need some serious help and I pray that you get that help that you need!!!
well

Harrodsburg, KY

#14 Oct 29, 2011
friend of hers wrote:
It was Alyssa Kelty. They announced it on the news. She had her mother and I think they said brother with her. They wasn't injured badly. Alyssa sadly lost her life. She was loved by many and will be missed dearly. R.I.P. babygirl.
No she was alone, she hit a mother and her 2 boys
Stupid

Lexington, KY

#15 Oct 29, 2011
scratch wrote:
How stupid can you be that is the Sheriff's daughter don't you think that he can track you down people can get your ip address. I hope he locks you up, really how low can you be.
doubt it

Demotte, IN

#16 Oct 29, 2011
Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>How stupid can you be that is the Sheriff's daughter don't you think that he can track you down people can get your ip address. I hope he locks you up, really how low can you be.
I doubt very seriously bart was the one that made that terrible comment.hes been a very good friend for years...under his hard exterior hes one of the most caring men ive ever had in my life and despite the fact that keltys a crooked piece of * in barts eyes he would never have anything but empathy for kelty.....his brothers life was taken in a simular situation @ a very young age as well...therefore i stand secure with saying thats a horrible thing to say and no way it was bart..RIP LITTLE GIRL...
friend of hers

United States

#17 Oct 29, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text>
No she was alone, she hit a mother and her 2 boys
Oh, I just caught the end of the news. But I got it mixed up.
SoSorry

Harrodsburg, KY

#18 Oct 29, 2011
doubt it wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt very seriously bart was the one that made that terrible comment.hes been a very good friend for years...under his hard exterior hes one of the most caring men ive ever had in my life and despite the fact that keltys a crooked piece of * in barts eyes he would never have anything but empathy for kelty.....his brothers life was taken in a simular situation @ a very young age as well...therefore i stand secure with saying thats a horrible thing to say and no way it was bart..RIP LITTLE GIRL...
I agree Bart is not that cruel, he would not say something like that!!!
Sad Day

Hueysville, KY

#19 Oct 29, 2011
scratch wrote:
Oh my lord, Bart. Give it up. Our prayers are going to snuff out any hatred. Let us not get swayed away from the Kelty's. All Bart's comments are about how God hates Harrodsburg & about the devil taking people & about how much he hates Ernie Kelty. Prayers will ALWAYS put his comments at the bottom & the Kelty's family at the top.
Back to the prayers for the Kelty family.

Since: Jul 08

Harrodsburg Kentucky

#20 Oct 29, 2011
Sad Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my lord, Bart. Give it up. Our prayers are going to snuff out any hatred. Let us not get swayed away from the Kelty's. All Bart's comments are about how God hates Harrodsburg & about the devil taking people & about how much he hates Ernie Kelty. Prayers will ALWAYS put his comments at the bottom & the Kelty's family at the top.
Back to the prayers for the Kelty family.
I've been seeing these comments about me since I woke up today, and normally I just let them go anymore. However, in this case I felt the need to respond.
I have felt nothing but sympathy and sadness for Ernie Kelty and his family since I first heard about this around 9 o'clock last night. Short of posting a link to the story from the Danville newspaper on Facebook, I have made no comments about it, ESPECIALLY the disrespectful one from yesterday evening.
Any grievances I may have had concerning Mr. Kelty's lack of professionalism as police chief of Harrodsburg are ancient history and about as important to me now as last year's bird nest. They certainly do not necessitate such a disrespectful comment regarding his daughter.
For what it is worth, I feel that since being elected sheriff, Ernie has done the best with what he has to work with and operate within the bounds of the law. But really, in this matter, it is neither here nor there. It's a shame that I have to even make such a clarification, but all things considered, I can understand why.
I cannot imagine the grief that Ernie and his family must be feeling at this time in the loss of a child. I can only go on to say that I hope that I, nor any of you, have to find out first hand what that is like.

Ernie and his family have my sincerest and deepest condolences.
dont think so huh

Nicholasville, KY

#21 Oct 29, 2011
SoSorry wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Bart is not that cruel, he would not say something like that!!!
If u think Bart is more sensitive than that u should look up his billboard protest at Kfc in Danville when a girl who worked there died hiding in a closet in a trailer during a tornado holding on to her girl friend and Bart went to Kfc after to protest that god hates homosexuals this made the news
Good Lord

Harrodsburg, KY

#22 Oct 29, 2011
Good Lord people, just ignore any and all negative comments. We should all pray and pray for the Kelty family and all of this beautiful young girls friends to get through this awful time. From what I hear she was a dearly loved and wonderful young girl who has undoubtedly touched so many people's lives. Rest in peace young one...
its time

Lexington, KY

#23 Oct 29, 2011
scratch wrote:
I have kids and that was wrong, I think someone needs to put you in your place and i will meet you anywhere you want am a christian man but enough is enough somebody has to straighten this world out one by one and understand the meaning of respect, God forgive me for my thoughts towards this person but when will it end!!
so sorry

Mount Sterling, KY

#24 Oct 29, 2011
wh ever you are i hope and pray that thay find you are no of most low life in this town she was a child and she is in haeven now ifeel so sorry for the family god with you
Lords Child

Harrodsburg, KY

#25 Oct 30, 2011
scratch wrote:
No, no he didn't. We know this because you are still with us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men 26 min Happy 27
Harvey hines 1 hr Curious 9
Danielle Davis 5 hr Indeed 5
Who's The Sexiest Black Guy In Town? 8 hr Haha 32
El Charros 11 hr Think Tank 7
Mercer Schools losing money 11 hr Think Tank 25
Daniel Patrick 12 hr Tisdale 25

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance