Former Pitcairn supervisor Smith indi...

Former Pitcairn supervisor Smith indicted

There are 9 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Dec 3, 2012, titled Former Pitcairn supervisor Smith indicted. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

A former Pitcairn town supervisor pleaded not guilty in St. Lawrence County Court Monday morning after being indicted on charges of grand larceny for allegedly embezzling $35,000 of municipal funds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

scottfree

Raymond, NH

#1 Dec 4, 2012
She is guilty as sin and should be punished just like everyone else who embezzles just because she has family in politics does not mean she should get off scot-free she should not walk around with her head held high either walk around like you did wrong because you know you did and using your bank job to cover it up is ridiculous you are as GUILTY AS SIN!!!!!!!!
xxx

East Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 7, 2012
she's not smiling now.
me - harrisville

Ithaca, NY

#3 Dec 8, 2012
I believe she should be punished because she knew better than to do that, but on the other side of the coin, we do not know why she did it. I do not condon it but circumstances causes you to do a lot of things that are not legal. As I said before, she should be punished and do her time, but also she has to live with the guilt and shame with it, to me that is worse than jail time. I believe she has life sentence because this will follow her. I feel bad for her husband and children during this, as this town is notorious for making mistakes and people not forgetting.
FMJ

Belmont, MA

#4 Dec 9, 2012
no matter what the reason was, it's not right, she could have taken a loan out, and I'm sure she has friends and or family if she would have asked, better to lend her the money, then to have to pay her bail. I don't believe she is ashamed for what she has done, like scottfree says, she walks around with her head up high ( actually with her nose in the air) so I guess she feels she did no wrong.
FMJ

Belmont, MA

#5 Dec 9, 2012
xxx wrote:
she's not smiling now.
oh yes she is, she walks around like her crap don't stink
Taxpayer

Ardsley, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Sid she return the money?
FMJ

Cambridge, MA

#7 Dec 10, 2012
ya right....NO
agree

Bedford, MA

#8 Dec 10, 2012
yes she has always been rude and snotty and had an attitude that she was better than other people and was always a snooty rude bitch at the bank... as well as other people who work there... There are alot of people in this town who think their shit don't stink... after living here for many many years...No one around here is any better than anyone else... I just have to laugh when they are exposed for who they really are.. makes me want to laught in their face... and say .. hummmmm....
FMJ

Watertown, MA

#9 Dec 10, 2012
agree wrote:
yes she has always been rude and snotty and had an attitude that she was better than other people and was always a snooty rude bitch at the bank... as well as other people who work there... There are alot of people in this town who think their shit don't stink... after living here for many many years...No one around here is any better than anyone else... I just have to laugh when they are exposed for who they really are.. makes me want to laught in their face... and say .. hummmmm....
AGREE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon Graybill... (Oct '10) 44 min Soyouknow 11
Cristi Bush (Morey) 46 min Soyouknow 4
Wake n bake cafe? 2 hr Second chance 18
New bartender at the bowling alley 5 hr Up North 13
Red Dodge Ram (Jun '15) 6 hr Good night 12
boonville fitness center 6 hr joke 16
Stolen Bikes 10 hr Seen Them 6

Harrisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance