Harrisonville Looks to Revamp City Ha...

Harrisonville Looks to Revamp City Hall, Police Dept. with Tax

There are 14 comments on the Fox4KC story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Harrisonville Looks to Revamp City Hall, Police Dept. with Tax. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

What used to be stables 100 years ago, is the building Harrisonville calls city hall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Big B

Liberty, MO

#1 Aug 2, 2010
What is the new building they built on the other side of 71 highway, West side? I thought that was a new police/judicial building.
lscott

Lebanon, MO

#2 Aug 2, 2010
That is the Juctice Center, it houses the Cass County Courts and the Sheriff's Dept.
Watchtower 1

Odessa, MO

#3 Aug 2, 2010
I used to live around Harrisonville and its awash in WASTED TAX dollars. The new building on the SW corner of 2 and 71 is just one example of WASTED taxpayer dollars, overbudget and under utilized .

I understand that one floor of this MONUMENT to the STUPIDITY of the taxpayers is EMPTY. Let them put up TENTS if they need more room.

Wakeup voters and vote NO NO NO NO.....
lscott

Lebanon, MO

#4 Aug 2, 2010
The City of Harrisonville has not made public that the Mayor is spending $40,000 on information signs around the city. That could be spent on the new City Hall and Police Station.
lscott

Lebanon, MO

#5 Aug 2, 2010
One floor of the Justice Center houses the 911 information center.
mama2

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2010
If this were my house in Harrisonville, they would of already CONDEMNED it, according to reports of what is all wrong with the building... So, why do they need a new building, move over to the OLD COURT HOUSE, or on of the vacant businesses in town, such as, THE OLD PRICE CHOPPER BUILDING, it is sitting vacant, or the OLD WALMART BUILDING, or better yet, MEND WHAT YOU HAVE... THE POOR PEOPLE of Harrisonville are taxed to death... Won't help existing businesses, but good grief let's build new that we can not afford.......
Throwemout

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Aug 2, 2010
The police department doesn't deserve a new building. Half of the officers, or more, need to learn some respect for the citizens who pay their salaries. I've lived here for 27 years, and have a spotless record. Not even a speeding ticket in 30 years, but almost every time that I've tried to ask a Harrisonville officer a simple question, they act as if it kills them to speak to a common citizen. They are rude, sarcastic and arrogant pieces of trash. The County officers aren't like that, but the city cops deserve no respect whatsoever. It's made me completely understand why some cops get their heads blown off. I didn't used to feel this way, but I'm fed up with being treated as a criminal by these thugs with a badge and a gun. Try showing some respect and courtesy, and maybe people won't have such a negative view of police officers.
MMM I like Biscuits

Pleasant Hill, MO

#13 Aug 3, 2010
You people are off your rocker!! Does anyone realize that if you improve your officer pay, facilities and equipment, you will improve the caliber officer that wants to work in your community. You people are nuts!

I hope when you call for help, nobody comes a running.

You people get what you give. Half of you don't even know the difference between a COUNTY building and a CITY building. Give me a break.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#15 Aug 4, 2010
August 4, 2010

Dear Editor,

I am wondering why the City of Harrisonville is wanting the people of this city to pay for a new City Hall and Police Station?

I think there is something the people of Harrisonville should know.

If the Mayor would quit wastefully spending money there would be more money for the new City Hall and Police Station. I am talking about the eight new information and directional signs going up around the city. Most people do not even know they are there. It was not made public, especially the price tag. The Mayor has spent $40,000 to put these eight signs up. Correct me if I am wrong, but that comes to $5,000 per sign. Is that wasteful or what? Could that money be put to better use on a new City Hall and Police Station?? I think so.

Sincerely,

[email protected]
Gvmeabreak

Odessa, MO

#19 Feb 17, 2011
MMM I like Biscuits wrote:
You people are off your rocker!! Does anyone realize that if you improve your officer pay, facilities and equipment, you will improve the caliber officer that wants to work in your community. You people are nuts!
I hope when you call for help, nobody comes a running.
You people get what you give. Half of you don't even know the difference between a COUNTY building and a CITY building. Give me a break.
REALLY???? A police officer just like any other person who goes into a career knowing the salary, get what they deserve. A person who chooses a career to "serve the community" does it because they want to serve the community not because they want to be a greedy selfish jerk and ask for a higher salary. A police officer in Harrisonville does virtually nothing except chase people down to mess up their days. There is no hard work for a cop in Harrisonville. The most you have to do is domestic calls. If you want a higher salary go work in a city where you are actually working for your pay. Give me a break, you want to be paid more than you already are to sit in your car all day eating?
citizen

Odessa, MO

#20 Feb 20, 2011
What are the requirements to be a city alderman? Do you have to live in Harrisonville?
guess not

Holden, MO

#21 Mar 2, 2011
one of them lives in garden city.
citizen

Odessa, MO

#22 Mar 3, 2011
guess not wrote:
one of them lives in garden city.
Really? Who is that?
Austria-ailia

Olathe, KS

#23 Mar 11, 2012
Gvmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???? A police officer just like any other person who goes into a career knowing the salary, get what they deserve. A person who chooses a career to "serve the community" does it because they want to serve the community not because they want to be a greedy selfish jerk and ask for a higher salary. A police officer in Harrisonville does virtually nothing except chase people down to mess up their days. There is no hard work for a cop in Harrisonville. The most you have to do is domestic calls. If you want a higher salary go work in a city where you are actually working for your pay. Give me a break, you want to be paid more than you already are to sit in your car all day eating?
Just so you know since the Harrisonville Police Department doesnt do anything, why in a town of under 10,000 people(8.5 square miles) did the department take just under 3,000 police reports in 2011. Thats an average of 8 reports per day not counting the calls officers take per day that a report is not generated. And yes the officers that are police officers in this town do it because they love what they do and its not for the money, so when they wright a ticket to a moron like you for your repetitve horrible driving you get upset.
Since the officers of Harrisonville still dont do anything why have they taken 600 police reports this year of 2012. must because they sit in there cars and eat. even the simplist police report takes an average of and hour to complete. Harrisonville officers have also made 200 arrests this year, wow not very many for all those lazy officers driving in their cars eating just harrassing old ganny drivin down the road minding her own. why dont you get you facts straight before u start spouting off.
You wouldnt have the cahonnies to do what Law enforcmant officers do on a daily basis.!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drug,s and stealing. (Mar '15) Sep 13 guest 8
Pleasant Hill, Missouri had no flooding (Jul '08) Aug '17 Pkirkegaard 5
Review: J.D. Stewart Construction and Remodelin... (Aug '10) Jul '17 Ralph S 49
Breakfast Jun '17 Jeanne 1
sll ofdrugs and K2, (Jul '15) Jun '17 Never ending 5
Historical Book About Harrisonville Shooting (Aug '08) Jun '17 Anonymous 25
Todd Sharp (Mar '17) Mar '17 formerly living i... 1

Harrisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance