Victim of Dangerous Prank Fears Teens May Not Face Consequences...

Full story: Fox4KC 17
Four teens are facing charges in Cass County for allegedly dropping rocks off of a highway overpass and onto oncoming traffic, but one of the victims in the case says that he fears that the four may never face real accountability because of their ages. Full Story
redbird s

Kansas City, MO

#1 Mar 17, 2010
It's Cass County. There is no prosecution in Cass County. If you want to committ a crime in Missouri go there.

Since: Jan 10

Shawnee, KS

#2 Mar 17, 2010
Here's a novel idea, charge the parents with attempted murder. If I recall correctly, parents are responsible for their children and their actions, until the children reach the age of majority (usually 18). It is only by the grace of God that no one died during these rock throwing incidents. I hope the prosecutors in Cass County don't forget to charge the parents, along with the perps.
Alice

Warsaw, MO

#3 Mar 17, 2010
This was a dangerous crime. However, I have known teenagers who have been punished in the juvenile system in Cass County. They might act like they aren't bothered, but none of them will get a free ride. They will feel the effects of punishment.
sks

Kansas City, MO

#4 Mar 18, 2010
The kids are going to do what they want to do. They are self centered, disrespectful, and inconsiderate. Punishing the parents is NOT going to get it. They need some serious shock time. Away from Mommy and Daddy who think they are little angels. Then they need to watch films of the horrendous accidents a stunt like this has caused.
Jerry

Mission, KS

#5 Mar 18, 2010
Lock them up, leave them there for a very long time. One thing or sure, as long as they are in jail they will not be dropping rocks off bridges. If you had ever seen someone who was hit in the face with a rock going 70 mph you would understand the reasoning?
Jerry

Mission, KS

#6 Mar 18, 2010
Why would you call this a "dangerous prank?" Looks more like a "deliberate criminal act" to me!
Im weird too at work

Fort Collins, CO

#7 Mar 18, 2010
The Cass county justice system is a mess. If it's not in a form letter they don't know what to do with it.
Sosure

Kansas City, MO

#8 Mar 18, 2010
In other words cass county the mother and child would have to die before you charge them as adults so release them and lets see how fast they get into something worse if it could get any worse. I say lock them up for a year and release them each day to go do hard labor or volunteer work under supervision.You need to teach them now before it goes any further there are consequences for your actions.Start nipping things in the bud and maybe we can save some of these criminals from further crimes.
Honeybun

Fort Collins, CO

#9 Mar 18, 2010
Well, when you take prayer out of our schools, ban corporal punishment (spanking), and cater to a bunch of whiney-a$$ed kids, this is the result. Who gives a rat's poot if their self-esteem is harmed? Knock their butts into the last century, REALLY mete out the punishment. And forget about Cass county doing anything about it - their political heads are quite far up their behinds as well. It's a bad situation all around.
AZB

Lees Summit, MO

#10 Mar 18, 2010
Sue their parents in civik court and yake everything they own!
concerned citizen 2 MO

United States

#11 Mar 18, 2010
I know one of the families that had the damage done and I hope they get justice for what these idot kids have done. The wife of the gentleman on tv is a high risk pregnancy and they are lucky that nothing has gone wrong since the "dangerous prank" happenend to them. The parents of the juveniles must know somebody in cass county court system to get such a lite punishment or anyone else would be paying dearly for their actions. The prosecuter should be taking clear notes of all these comments and make the punishment more severe to put the fear of God in these teens. The teens even bragged at a party about the icident just to see how fun it would be to kill a person, that is not so funny if it would happen to their families now would it. Cass county needs to grow some balls and stand up to the juveniles in that county.
Throwemout

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Mar 18, 2010
Don't be surprised if nothing is done to these kids. My son was attacked with brass knuckles by a Harrisonville Detective's son when he was 14. The juvenile officer was a buddy of the Detectives, and at first, he wanted to punish my son instead of the cop's kid. I raised enough of a ruckess that the juvenile officer finally recused himself from the case, and the Bates County officer handled the case. The kid still didn't get sufficient punishment. The juvenile office seemed to me to be as corrupt as the Harrisonville Police Department. Harrisonville police like to be rude to the citizens, which is one more reason that my family will be leaving this sewer as soon as possible. Try asking a police officer here a simple question, and you'll be treated like a criminal. Too many Barney Fifes for such a small town, in my opinion.
Wow

Independence, MO

#13 Mar 18, 2010
What is wrong with kids today? When i was growing up my parents taught me how to behave. If i was to ever do something like this my parents would whoop my a$$. I believe the parents are just as much at fault as the kids in this situation. If your child grows up with good morals and is taught the proper behavior, chances are that child will not do these terrible things. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#14 Mar 18, 2010
Honeybun wrote:
Well, when you take prayer out of our schools, ban corporal punishment (spanking), and cater to a bunch of whiney-**** ed kids, this is the result. Who gives a rat's poot if their self-esteem is harmed? Knock their butts into the last century, REALLY mete out the punishment. And forget about Cass county doing anything about it - their political heads are quite far up their behinds as well. It's a bad situation all around.
I like you!! Your post reminds me of my Grandma's words. "God gives you these little babies like a ball of clay and expects you to mold them into good people (making spanking motions with her hand)".
Enough is enough

Lenexa, KS

#15 Mar 19, 2010
What will it take before prosecutors "see the light" and realize they need to make these kids pay for their crimes? It was only by the grace of God no one got killed. It HAS happened before in similar situations. I sure hope it won't have to come to that before the judicial system does what it's supposed to do - protect victims and prosecute criminals. These kids are up to no good because they lack supervision. Where were their parents? I'm sure they will say, "Oh, buy my boy/girl wouldn't do that. They're a good child. They didn't mean anything bad." Yeah, right. I agree with the others who said the parents should be held liable, as well. Maybe that will get the point across not to do these types of crimes. What next if they get away with this?
tlf

Overland Park, KS

#16 Mar 23, 2010
How are the teens supposed to "recognize what they did, how severe it was..." if they suffer no reprecussions from their actions. Obviously, they have not parenting to speak of, so the law, speaking for society, should make sure they are taught responsibility for their actions. If I had been the teen caught commiting these acts, even been just associated with other teens doing this, my parents would have made sure that the law was the least of my worries. It would have been like the wrath of God had come down on my head. There would have been grounding, a face-to-face apology to the victims, every fun thing in my life taken away for a LONG time, financial restitution to the victims, the list would have gone on probably until my adult years. But wait - I never participated in this kind of activity BECAUSE I had parents teaching me right, wrong and the repercussions that would come with doing wrong. If the parents won't step up, or their stepping up isn't working, the law MUST be given the right to make sure the lesson is taught.
F-cass-cnty

Omaha, NE

#17 Sep 11, 2013
They will be punished but if cass CPU Ty can't get no real money out of them and fuck them around in there good il boy system they will be slapped on the wrist and set free, bunch of thieves down there at justice center, someone e needs to send Stan cramers ass down there to investigate, which might already be happening from the looks of the latest democrat, can't even trust the county clerk to take the money to the bank

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another inmate dies in Cass County (Apr '08) Jan 23 Smokey mc smoke 34
Review: Gear Zone Tactical Jan 8 RippedoffbyGearZone 1
abdl Jan 6 Diaperlover29 1
lonely nights (Jul '14) Dec '14 cln98310 4
Mary Sue Goff Oct '14 Ronnie 1
looking for Janette Kruse Oct '14 Auby Leggett 1
Just moved to the area, anyone work at the walm... Sep '14 KNM1992 1
Harrisonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harrisonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?