Community center rates to increase Ja...

Community center rates to increase Jan. 1

There are 2 comments on the The Cass County Democrat Missourian story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Community center rates to increase Jan. 1. In it, The Cass County Democrat Missourian reports that:

The Harrisonville Park Board has decided to raise user fees at the community center in an attempt to offset stagnant sales tax revenues.The decision was made during the board’s regular monthly meeting Tuesday to increase all new memberships and renewals by $1 per person, per plan, per month, effective Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cass County Democrat Missourian.

Dale McMorris

Morristown, NJ

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Why should we be charged for city short comings?
It is hard enough for families to afford to stay healthy and keep food on the table.Why not charge an empty building tax on all the empty buildings.
Bette Potter

Jefferson City, MO

#2 Oct 5, 2010
With charges already so high that I forego swimming as a healthy exercise, it seems strange to me that the city will raise the rates and stagnate the membership rather than attract new members to meet city, not Parks & Rec shirtfalls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect stabs sheriff's K9, dog now recovering Dec 14 rosebud4100 1
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) Nov 21 Karma is a bitch 133
Police presence. Nov 19 Kitty71 1
Review: J.D. Stewart Construction and Remodelin... (Aug '10) Nov '17 scammed 51
silver lake Nov '17 dale 2
Gilbert Meat Locker (Dec '11) Nov '17 StormyDream 5
drug,s and stealing. (Mar '15) Sep '17 guest 8

Harrisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrisonville Mortgages