curious

Kansas City, KS

#1 May 8, 2009
anyone know why jim hoke stopped practicing law?
hooterville mom

Saint Paul, NE

#2 May 16, 2009
he found a job working with the oil companies out West that paid better.
susie

Peculiar, MO

#3 Aug 19, 2009
does anyone know who took over his cases because when he left he left my case open now because of this i am getting sued
Mike8099

Bethany, OK

#4 Sep 26, 2009
curious wrote:
anyone know why jim hoke stopped practicing law?
NO, he is telling people he got a fancy oil job but it's NOT TRUE.

He had to stop practicing law because of seven criminal charges against him that all occurred on 2/02/2006. It looks like he was sentenced on 9/18/08, around the time he closed the office. I'm sure the bar association had something to do with that.

If you don't believe me, go to case.net (the MO courts page), select litigant name search and search for James Hoke. You'll see.

BTW, last I heard he was living in some rental-type home that his mother owned.

Since: Sep 09

Bethany, OK

#5 Sep 26, 2009
I just wanted to add that I'm actually from Grandview. I'm in Tulsa for a business trip, I guess that's why my location is coming up weird.

Since: Sep 09

Gloucester, UK

#6 Sep 26, 2009
If anyone finds out the actual charges I wouldn't mind knowing. Thanks.
smdwar

Peculiar, MO

#7 Sep 30, 2009
He is practcing out of Raymore, mo
Avagirl

Mount Pleasant, IA

#8 Dec 11, 2009
he has ALOT on him if you look his name up on Case.net

He is awaiting trial on 1.29.2010 for stalking and trespassing.
He is almost $8,000 in arrears to Elizabeth Hoke.

I don't know what all the charges in 2006 were for, it doesn't say

I used to live behind him when he lived out by the ball fields in Harrisonville. His son stole money from us. I was pretty young, so don't remember much about him.
curious2

Kansas City, MO

#9 Feb 3, 2010
Mike8099 wrote:
If anyone finds out the actual charges I wouldn't mind knowing. Thanks.
You mention that it was not true that Hoke was working on an oil job. I find it curious that a white collar worker would just up and leave for an oil job. Do you know where he really was for the last year or so?
SLH

AOL

#10 Jul 27, 2010
Let me set the record straight for Jim!!! He is practicing law in Raymore, he did take a job in the oil fields in Wyoming mainly to get away from his ex wife. Jim does not have a son he has a daughter and the boy who stole from Avagirl was his ex wifes son who is now in prison. As far as being in arrears with his ex wife it's not your business or your problem...
BeResponsible

Sterling Heights, MI

#11 Jun 16, 2011
To SLH:

Are you serious when you state, "As far as being in arrears with his ex wife it's not your business or your problem..."? If Jim is an attorney, yes it is something his customers or potential customers should know! Aside from the fact that the word "attorney" already has a negative stigma. When it comes to deciding which attorney to help you win a case, how can anyone trust an attorney that can not handle his own personal life?

If you really want to "set the record straight for Jim!!!" Then address the fact that according to all the comments posted, when Jim closed his office he did so unprofessionally! A good lawyer would NEVER shut his office down with out contacting his customers and making sure their cases are being referred to and handled by other reputable lawyers. According to the comments posted, Jim closed shop and not only left the city but the state too. Like a criminal on the run! How do you justify unprofessional conduct? Just because you know Jim Hoke personally, does not mean everyone should excuse Jim's unprofessionalism!

Get off your soap box, Jim's unprofessional "run away - like a child" attitude as an attorney, is the exact type of attitude that has helped destroy the respectable view people once had for the legal profession!
Lisa French

Garden City, MI

#12 Mar 17, 2012
The man is a crook and pathetic excuse for a lawyer
Steve d

Garden City, MI

#13 Mar 17, 2012
This man is a poor excuse for a lawyer he acted as the guardian ad litem for my step daughter in 1995 and allowed a two year old child to go to Iowa and stay with an abusive drunk that left her in the care of two young males while he went to the bar and my step daughter was molested well this man does not need to practice law he does not care what happens to children and supports drunk losers that have wrecks at ten am drunk as hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KCPD finds missing Raymore woman's burned vehicle Sep 11 Reporter 1
James (Jamie) Wallace Aug '16 Sweettart12 1
News Holden woman charged with attempted kidnapping (Nov '11) Aug '16 Elisam55 6
josh ogle Jun '16 misinformed 1
Abuser, Jun '16 Anthony 2
crimes in Harrisonville, Mo (Aug '11) May '16 Alien 2
News Another inmate dies in Cass County (Apr '08) Jan '16 Popo 36

Harrisonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrisonville Mortgages