Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2009

Judged:

They have declared bankrupcy and have stolen 8,ooo +++ from me and left my teeth in severe shape. How can they sleep at night. They have done this to many and owe 100,000 to the government. Where is justice?
Paulette and Biery client

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

With all this regard for patients, they have declared bankruptcy.$4,000 later, dental problems still exist and it appears that I have no hope of receiving money that is owed me. This is not including my lawyers fee in an attempt to collect. Outrageous! Very Unprofessional. How can they possibly get away with this??! Will they be allowed to continue in practice in this area?
Sandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Judged:

Did a child really die while in their care?
Former Patient

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

They made me pay for services up front, then billed my insurance company and received payment. I called several times, and they promised to reimburse me, but they never did.
Former Patient

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

Judged:

It was a little over a year ago that I ended up in the emergency room because of meds I was prescribed by a dentist in this practice. It was not an allergic reaction. According to my MD it was a medication that should have never been prescribed unless I had an advanced infection and all other medication failed. I had no infection and it was given as a preventitive measure. Total disregard for the use of this medication had me very ill for 2 months. Worse is that the advise they gave me over the phone to counteract the affect, is what landed me in the emergency room.
I refused to return after that and requested my Care Credit account be reimbursed for the work not yet done. They refused.
I disputed this with care credit and they sided with the dental practice, as they lied and said they never had a conversation with me or advised me to do anything to counteract the effects of the medication.
I again disputed their counter response by sending proof of phone bill records showing the dates I contacted them as well as the emergency room bills and a letter from my doctor. I advised care credit I was going to follow up with t he Federal Trade Commission due to their disregard in researching my allegations. I also requested through care credit all of the dentist records to prove their counter response. I was promptly given a full credit to my account.
My fiance was not as lucky. He paid $26,000.00 up front and went under anesthesia for 9 hours. They only completed 1/2 the work and kept putting off appointments for the completion of the work. He got fed up and refused to go back, requesting a refund for the work not completed. Needless to say, he ended up retaining an attorney. It ended up settling out of Court for a % of what was owed him. They made 1 payment toward the settlement and then filed bankruptcy.
It is his intention to make sure the bandruptcy court is aware of his unsatisfied judgement.
He and I ended up at a dentist who completed the work without any issues and did not demand the $ up front.
If anyone has had work done by any dental practice that was unsatisfactory or has created additional dental problems, I would suggest contacting the VA board of dentistry. There is a lot of information on the VA board of dentistry website regarding the event that took place in 2006. You can also use their website to file a complaint.
Samson

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Everyone in the area has known about this dentist couple. There's one word for them: delusional. Another: sociopaths.

I blame the local authorities for not shutting them down 8 years ago.
mee

Elkton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Sandy wrote:
Did a child really die while in their care?
NO
Sheba

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

These thieves have stolen over 25,000 dollars from me and left my mouth destroyed.Im only 28.Im not sure who I think should be held more responsible.The Virginia Board of Dentistry(it is their responsibility to regulate)for allowing them continue to practice or them for being con artists.No one seems to be able to get thyese people held accountable for stealing life savings from patients.Maybe if everyone that they scammed got together we could at least make sure the public knows of this husband and wife and how they continue to get away from justice and still practice.
Former patient

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

I wish I'd seen these reviews before choosing this practice. I'm new to the area and know NO ONE here, having to base my healthcare and dental choices on whomever takes my insurance. I only had one permanent filling done there, but they said I'd need work on 13 teeth total (13??? What? I had regular dentist visits until 2 years ago and my dental hygiene has not fallen apart to *that* degree!). The molar they worked on, however, will have to be pulled sooner rather than later, by a new dentist.

While I don't doubt that the tooth was in questionable shape (it already had serious fillings in it for many years), I think they could have bought me more time by building it back up with permanent material instead of the temp filling material they used. I was VERY clear that I could not afford $3,000 for a dental implant - even on a payment plan - and wanted to put it off as long as possible.

The tooth didn't start to bother me AT ALL until I noticed the temp material was ground WAY down 3 months later. I am beyond ticked off, and I don't think they'll be seeing payment from me anytime soon.
Chelsea

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Judged:

Although some of these claims may be true, it is not the fault of this husband and wife team. Much of their bad reputation comes from past dentists who no longer work with them. I am a patient who re-established my care with them after 2 years because I despised the old dentists who did work on me and my family. The new dentists who have joined the practice are AMAZING, and almost all of the staff was new faces - smiling ones at that! They made me feel so welcome and really cared about me as a patient; this is NOT the same office as it was 2 years ago. I am so glad I gave them another chance, and I would recommend anyone to this great office.
Also, I asked one of the employees about the bankruptcy because I was curious, and it is NOT Dr. Biery and Dr. Paulette who are "thieves" - they have had horrible experiences with dishonest employees (yes, plural), and now they are the ones having to pay (literally and with their reputation).
My suggestion is to stop posting ignorance. You are giving this great family practice a horrible name because of it. Learn the facts. Take care of your dental work you get done and it won't be a waste of your money.
Give this practice another chance if you are unsure, and I guarantee you will be satisfied with the changes.
devv

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Judged:

One word for you: ignorant
devv

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

that wasnt to chelsea.. it was to samson.
Valerie plaugher

Belington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

ok really are you crazy my 2 yr old son almost died and i wasnt told until after the fact and i wasnt ment to know the girl let it slip not to mention he had 2 crowns done he is 2 mind you that didnt need to be done and 7 fillings that look horid and his new dentist cant find half of what they said they did nd it was DR Paulette who did the work , you should be ashamed of your self for even thinking about recommending them to anyone they took over 2000 dollars from me that was un needed , you should really re consider your opinion..
Chelsea wrote:
Although some of these claims may be true, it is not the fault of this husband and wife team. Much of their bad reputation comes from past dentists who no longer work with them. I am a patient who re-established my care with them after 2 years because I despised the old dentists who did work on me and my family. The new dentists who have joined the practice are AMAZING, and almost all of the staff was new faces - smiling ones at that! They made me feel so welcome and really cared about me as a patient; this is NOT the same office as it was 2 years ago. I am so glad I gave them another chance, and I would recommend anyone to this great office.
Also, I asked one of the employees about the bankruptcy because I was curious, and it is NOT Dr. Biery and Dr. Paulette who are "thieves" - they have had horrible experiences with dishonest employees (yes, plural), and now they are the ones having to pay (literally and with their reputation).
My suggestion is to stop posting ignorance. You are giving this great family practice a horrible name because of it. Learn the facts. Take care of your dental work you get done and it won't be a waste of your money.
Give this practice another chance if you are unsure, and I guarantee you will be satisfied with the changes.
Former Patient

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Is it common for children as young as two to need crowns or fillings? My kids (2 and 7) don't have dental problems now, thank God, but will probably have issues around 10-12 (which is when I did, related to adult teeth in wrong parts of the gums, and braces).
Sheba

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

I want to update my status from my post earlier and clear something up with Chelsea about ignorance.
They have started fixing some ofthe work they after over two years of Dr Biery trying to con hr way out of refixing the work.It has taken so much pressure from me and the last two dentists that worked for them pressured her into taking responsibility for her actions.I dont think you realize what you are talking about or what its like to go with missing front teeth in your 20's whn you paid almost 25,000 to have them at least look decent.I had to wait and go to school for so many years with horrible teeth being made fun of while saving up an insane amount of money that I paid to Dr. Biery to fix my teeth.I did what happened to me and did not deserve to be treated ike a Dog and be blown off by Dr Biery for the two years after she admitted it was bad work but would not fix it and tried to put all the blame on her previous dentist that was employed there.I paid Dr Biery the money for the work and she was happy to except it(I didnt sign a check to her employee)she took the money.She blew me off for twoyears and when did make appointments with me she would not show up(not her employed dentist)se was very rude to me(not he dentist she employed).Dr Beiry stulled 3 different dentists she had working for her from doing work on my teeth she promised to fix(not the dentists she employed.
Sheba

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Judged:

I gave this person three years to fix her mistake and I was very understanding about it because I know accidents happen.She made the choice to walk all over my kindness and understanding mistaking it for weakness until I had to get mean about it.She had an easy prblem to fix and chose to be a cruel bully.It's funny how Dr Biery was the victim of having every dentist she ever hired do lousy work and cause all these problems and that her dental assistants also victimized her by almost killing children sedating them when they were not trained to be able to do that yet DR Biery is not is without blame.She is the cause of all these things.
I wrote that blog before they were redoing the botched work.They have started redoing it and I am very thankful and grateful for that.As soon as the work is done my blogs will be erased and I will write a positive review for them stating they fixed the problems.I have not asked for anything from them except the work to be done that I paid for and when it is they will have a nice review from me.
Ignorant is twisting things around making the victim feel like they are to blame and trying to make the perpentrator(Dr Biery)into the victim.
charlie

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

? are these quacks still in business
Trent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

My dental insurance carrier was changed by my employer just after I had a full mouth periodontal cleaning in December of 2009. In May of 2010 I was referred to Mountain View Dental by my new insurance carrier for a routine checkup and cleaning. During my visit they took bite wings and panorama x-ray's and then informed me that I was in dire need of a full mouth periodontal cleaning that would cost (are you ready for this?)$950.00 which was my part after insurance they told me. I told them that was totally unacceptable and they told me they would look into it and see what might be done to get the cost down lower. I never heard from them again and never got the cleaning that they charged me a $20 copay for. Fast forward to 2 months ago... I had a bad tooth ache with sensitivity to cold. I called the insurance company and once again they informed me that Mountain view was the only office in my area that accepted my insurance. I discussed the problems I had with them the previous year and discovered that the insurance company paid that visit 100 PERCENT and that I should not have been charged a copay. Also they informed me that I NEVER would have had to pay $950.00 for the periodontal cleaning since they had caps on what they could charge. In fact my insurance told me my part should have been $145.00 ($800 LESS!). I called Mountain View and they told me it wasn't a copay that I paid but part of my deductible. I called the insurance back and they told me that MV never reported any deductible being paid by me to them and that the deductible didn't apply to that visit anyway and that MV owed me a refund. So I called and they apologized and refunded my $20 and then scheduled a FREE exam for my tooth that was aching. During this visit, I ended up with a dentist who's english was so bad I had to ask her to repeat herself multiple times to be able to understand what she was saying. She couldn't see anything wrong with the tooth and i thought it was pretty pathetic that I (who has had no dental training at all but some experience reading x-rays) pointed out the problem which was confirmed by a second dentist called over to look also. It was then decided that the filling was coming loose and had to be replaced. One week later I'm in the chair getting the filling replaced. When all was finished and I was still in the chair, I felt something hard floating around in my mouth... THE NEW FILLING HAD COME OUT OF THE TOOTH!!! The dentist went back to work drilling to remove the rest of the new filling and replaced it again, but I was told at that point it was a temporary filling since there wasn't enough tooth left to permanently fix it with a filling at that point and I would need a crown. So now I've gone from an $18.00 copay for a filling to $462.00 for a crown. On top of that they say I need to have a full periodontal cleaning before the crown is put on. Yesterday was my scheduled appointment for the periodontal cleaning. I arrived and went back. As soon as I sat down they informed me that they were going to take bite-wing and a panorama x-rays and do a check-up and then schedule for the periodontal in another appointment. I let them have it. The dental hygienist asked if I would like to talk to the office manager and I said YES. I was put in a consultation room where I waited 35 MINUTES and no one ever came in to talk to me. I then got up and as I was walking out the front door, I turned around and (quite loudly) exclaimed "I'M LEAVING AND NOT COMING BACK!!!". I called my insurance company as soon as I left and told them what was going on and the agent was appalled and found me a new dentist who just started accepting my insurance. They informed me that the x-rays that MV wanted to take were not necessary because it was less than a year, they are getting my x-rays transferred, scheduled my cleaning, and are going to attempt to save my tooth that MV practically destroyed. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!
Lisa

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Dr. Biery treated me like I was part of her family! She took amazing care of me and my two year old daughter that was terrified of her last dentist. I have two crowns and a few fillings I need done. The other dentist my daughter and I were at charged me a ridiculous amount to get all this work done, and REFUSED to get me out of pain until I paid for everything up front. Dr. Biery took such great care of us, and got me out of pain at my first appointment! Dr.Biery and her husband are two of the nicest people I HAVE EVER MET! They were the only ones that got me out of pain at the first appointment, and worked with me so I can get all of my work done, and it is AFFORDABLE! I couldn't dream of taking myself or my daughter to ANY OTHER DENTIST.

ALL OF YOU SHOULD GO MEET THEIR STAFF AND TALK WITH DR. BIERY. SHE IS AN AMAZING LADY AND WILL FIX ANY PROBLEMS YOU HAVE. She loves what she does and puts patient care FIRST.
Concerned Citizen

Port Republic, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

I know of many circumstances that have become an on going issue in the Biery and Paulette office. Faculty parties were tequila is being served, during the work day must I add. Drunk Dental assistance coming in to work and working on patients. Then having the head dentist issue the drunk dental assistant an iv drip to sober him up. The whole practice should in my view be shut down. It is a horror story! I know of plenty of assistance getting jobs there and the office is trying to pay them under the table. Can we say tax fraud?!?! I learned along time ago not to go to them. I also had issues with them doing work that was not needed, and the only reason I went to them is because they were the only dentist that would take my insurance. It's a scam and should be put to a stop!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vicki. Virginia Perez Mon Cristina 1
Debate: Marijuana - Harrisonburg, VA (Aug '10) Aug 22 Cat daddy 38
Paula Wilfong Aug 13 Julius 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Gery G Lucas Jul '14 con knoker 1
#1 - NEW: Fox Bites Woman In Bridgewater Jul '14 Advantage Wildlif... 1
Latest product recalls (Apr '08) Jun '14 Hopkin 24
•••
•••
•••

Harrisonburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Harrisonburg People Search