13-Year-Olds Accused In Gang Case

13-Year-Olds Accused In Gang Case

There are 18 comments on the The Daily News-Record story from Sep 13, 2007, titled 13-Year-Olds Accused In Gang Case. In it, The Daily News-Record reports that:

“I don't think the teachers go to school to break up fights”

Police have arrested two 13-year-old boys in connection with assaults at Thomas Harrison Middle School and other alleged gang-related crimes, officials say. via The Daily News-Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily News-Record.

dont worry about it

Penn Laird, VA

#1 Sep 17, 2007
i go to school with these boys an these police are makin it wayy bigger than it really is! our school was an continues to be in no harm what so ever its because of the race they are targiting after my family! these boys are my best friends an some even family they dont deserve to be locked up behind bars if other gangs are still roaming an destructing things as we speak but no they target on the blackz! but its ahk. its alright cause they going to stay strong dez police are phony an thats for real!
if your going to lock up one lock them all up an that included the one they dont have!
not accurate

Dyke, VA

#2 Sep 26, 2007
yo ppl makin it such a bigger problem dan it really is...its not evn that serious for real for real
Norman

Port Republic, VA

#3 Oct 9, 2007
Harrisonburg VA has two justice systems. One for whites and one for blacks and hispanics. With that being said so does most of America. People of color get much higher penal times.
Harrisonburg business like most of American's small to midsize companys welcomed hispanic workers. They wanted cheap labor in the poultry plants and farm workers, fast food workers ,etc.
Now the poultry are closing and the hispanics are starting to be locked out jobs. Which is something the blacks have always faced. Blacks have been in valley since the 1600's and the justice system has been able to to keep them in check. But it faces a hold new ball game with the hispanics. The hispanic race has grown by leaps and bounds. Whites feel like there taxing the resouces such as schools, social services, city parks and taking over areas in the city. The bottom line in Harrisonburg is the system wants to crack down on the hispanics but in order to do that without openly being racist the young blacks are caugth in the middle.Case in point all the drug bust in the last few years have been whites and hispanic for meth and cocaine. Now sure you some black kids are smoking weed but nothing major.
All these kids know about gangs is they have seen in the movies. I'll come to realize that's all our police and judges know also. The next step in this lie will to start a beef between the blacks and hispanics. The whites having changed a bit. We have stop falling in there bull shit traps. Harrisonburg is College town so everything has to carefully done or you stand the risk of pissing your biggest benifactor.
C-hane

United States

#4 Oct 10, 2007
I have been knowin these dudes 4 lyke 4 eva. i really dont think it should go down like it is they are taking it way to far. if there were more postive suff to do in the burg then you might have a mojorty black kids in school getting their education. the same thang happen to me but jus differnt situation and im away from home it really isnt right on tha real..... I love da burg
kidem

Harrisonburg, VA

#5 Oct 13, 2007
i grew up in elkhart indiana and moved here just about the time these kids were gettin arrested. all i gotta say is that this kind of thing comes with the territory. If the city wants to expand (and judging by all the new subdivisions and JMU talkin about growing in the next 5 or so years h-burg does want to expand)city officials and cops are gonna hafta understand that gangs are going to start popping up all over, and they aren't gonna leave. US 33 is main street in elkhart, you can ride 33 all the way to harrisonburg, and oddly enough harrisonburg is having the same gang and drug problems as elkhart did 3 years ago. ms-13, vatos locos, bloods, crips, meth labs, crackheads, dope boys, police cracking down isn't going to change it. baseheads are still gonna go out and get their fix, and gangbangers are still gonna bang. police stepping in and making a big stink about graffiti and middle school fights is only gonna cause even more beef between cops and gangs. if you're gonna do something about it, go after the kingpins, don't bother with the soldiers tagging a brick wall in an abandoned alley.
jmoney

Penn Laird, VA

#6 Oct 26, 2010
i know about this stuff the freakin charge force took my brothers in. So they said there gang was called kpc kelley park crips they lied.They took my brothers in when my oldest brother trystin myers was 15 and my middle brother aaron myers was 13 they just want money they been trying to get for a long time and now they got brother for something he didnt do.
jmoney

Penn Laird, VA

#7 Oct 26, 2010
we should help my bro this is crap man they aint do nothing for all the teachers at THMS stick up for Trystin Myers
ckc

Grottoes, VA

#8 Oct 28, 2010
keep them in there all day
hmmm

United States

#10 Jan 11, 2011
well
hmmm

Harrisonburg, VA

#11 Jan 21, 2011
jmoney wrote:
we should help my bro this is crap man they aint do nothing for all the teachers at THMS stick up for Trystin Myers
man, I thought that being a big college town there should be better speaken people around. And those that can write Proper enlish.
Dis iz retarded

Harrisonburg, VA

#12 May 25, 2012
Wow I think this I retarded I used to go to school with them and they took this soo out if hand:/
Mel

Harrisonburg, VA

#13 May 29, 2012
WAY OUT OF HAND......THMS and HPD that is.....My son at 13 was
And its NOT a BLK/WHT thing. My son is white. Yes we knew Tristan, Maleek, and Tayrence.I didn't approve of alot of things they did, But because my son KNEW them. They labeled him GANG. LOLOL Its the city...getting extra funding cause "we have a GANG problem" Harrisonburg...You have NO CLUE!!!! Some of these guys were merely pulling together forming the "He-Man Woman haters club"...BUT NO...You labeled him...You convicted him of "trumped up" charges and some in which he didn't commit. You took him out of school, off the football team, and after juvie and 18 months in Bon Air.... YOU RUINED HIM!!!!! Now...he don't wanna work, absolutely NO respect for his "single" mother who couldn't afford a PROPER attorney to fight his case and prove his innocence. He just thinks "time" goes by everyday with NO purpose. He TOLD me that he didn't ask to be here..now I have to take care of him. I have progress reports...He went in "Respectful to staff and his peers, works hard to achieve his goals, etc, etc, etc."... 7 months later....(same counselor writes) "If he continues on this path, he will not be fit for society."....18 months later...They unleashed an animal on me. WOULD ANYONE LISTEN TO ME OR HIM ? OH HELL NO!!!! Trust me...I speak with experience.....Harrisonburg... If there were a gang in town...HPD would have their tails tucked. You haven't a clue. I spent countless hours and months trying to get ANYONE to HEAR my plea.(Internet, Media, courts, task force, DJJ...NOBODY!!!.....HEY, THANKS FOR NOTHING and for turning my NFL hopeful into NOTHING....Just sayin'
YOU FAILED

Greensburg, PA

#14 May 31, 2012
AS A MOTHER, MEL. SHOULDVE PAID MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR KID AND WATCHING WHO HE HUNG OUT WITH. YOUR FAULT HES AN ANIMAL THAT GOT BUSTED HAHAHA
Mel

Dyke, VA

#15 Jun 3, 2012
YOU FAILED wrote:
AS A MOTHER, MEL. SHOULDVE PAID MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR KID AND WATCHING WHO HE HUNG OUT WITH. YOUR FAULT HES AN ANIMAL THAT GOT BUSTED HAHAHA
I'll pray for you and yours!!!
LaLaLaLa

South Boston, VA

#16 Jun 28, 2012
Who is the boy?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 27, 2012
My lands, where did all of you go to school at? Did they not teach you proper writing and English?
Slide

Mount Jackson, VA

#18 Aug 12, 2012
It's really simple here kids. Go to school, work hard and get an education. Apply yourself, stay the hell out of trouble and the big bad police department doesn't have any reason to hassle you. Stop making excuses for these dumb asses that have already proven they have no desire to do any of the above. Most of you need to get your own selves back to class and learn some proper grammar.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#19 Aug 24, 2012
Very well said Slide!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Harrisonburg, VA (Aug '10) Jul 25 Chelsea ray varscity 40
Joe Bowman Jul 17 Dealers Gone Nuts 1
Searching for Jun '15 Also searching 2
Regal Theatre Against Military Jun '15 Regal Against Mil... 3
Lowes False Advertising May '15 Lowes Not Honorin... 1
Over 30 May '15 Wondering 1
Paula Wilfong (Aug '14) May '15 MAP 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrisonburg Mortgages