Police Make Arrest in Trashed Voter Forms Investigation - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sp...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in the investigation of voter registration fraud that began on the afternoon of October 15th when law enforcement received a citizen complaint of voter registration application forms being found in a dumpster behind a business in the City of Harrisonburg.
Comments
81 - 100 of 106 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2012
hmm

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Oct 19, 2012
 
Geez wrote:
<quoted text>. Hmmm what they need is a voter registration card that is issued the same as a drivers license that must be presented at the polls no exceptions!!!!!!! If you don't have it you aren't voting period. This will stop fraud on both sides !!!'
If they had no voter registration card, they could have come with a drivers license and voted? Right, and so you are justifying voter tampering from the Republican party from forcing people to get drivers licenses that don't even drive? Sounds like you need to go to a country with a iron fisted dictator if those are the rules are what you wish to follow.
ALL

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Vast LEFT WING conspiracy
central va marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

5

3

3

"He was a Democratic plant", oh really. This story has legs that go to the very heart of the Repuglican Party. VOTER SUPPRESSION.

Those who posted in protest of the truth in this story, must know something about guilt by association.

more to come
twinmom

Barboursville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

heh wrote:
<quoted text>
...white cops who used to did the same thing for decades outside polling locations in the south.
And those white cops would have been southern Democrats, right? It was the Republican party who advocated for blacks to have equal voting rights, or have you lost track of history?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Oct 19, 2012
 
"Brian Moran, the chairman of the Democratic party of Virginia, called on Attorney General Ken 'the cooch' Cuccinelli and state authorities to investigate whether the recent incident could be tied to a larger effort of voter suppression."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57535950/...
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

twinmom wrote:
<quoted text>
And those white cops would have been southern Democrats, right?
You are correct, and are now our GOP.
Dude

Middleburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

6

2

1

twinmom wrote:
<quoted text>
And those white cops would have been southern Democrats, right? It was the Republican party who advocated for blacks to have equal voting rights, or have you lost track of history?
would you care to explain why strom Thurmond switched parties in 1964' or have lost track of history?
Beezelbub

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

He looks like one of those "young republicans" You know...those haughty entitled white boys who belong to those exclusive fraternities in all those 80's movies? I'll bet that the registration forms were all democrats too!
Elmer Fudd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Scottsville wrote:
Really let this young man out of jail and move on to real crime please. We are already in trillion's of dollars debt.
you've got to be kidding we need to strip your right to vote millions of men and women have died for your right to vote don't ever give that up!!!!!! Your a fool!!!
Elmer Fudd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Beezelbub wrote:
He looks like one of those "young republicans" You know...those haughty entitled white boys who belong to those exclusive fraternities in all those 80's movies? I'll bet that the registration forms were all democrats too!
you racist pig oink!!
Elmer Fudd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Helen Hevener wrote:
<quoted text>
First off it was a business man who saw the registration forms being dumped into his private trash bin- so he is the one who called authorities. Think about it- if the republicans were paying this guy to work for them- and they know he is going to destroy voter applications probably for democratic votes- then they wouldnt dare call the cops and mention anything about it. The republicans only step forward after this guy has been caught- to even address the situation. My feeling- if the guy hadnt have told the police who he was hired by- I doubt the republicans would have ever made any kind of statement. Now they are like Monday morning quarterbacks- trying to explain what happened the day after a game!!! But then again the republicans do that time and time again- never speak up until they are caught in a web of their own lies- then they just blame it on somebody else. If this guy had gotten these voter registration applications at a republican rally- only stands to reason that maybe somebody was there protesting the republicans- but went on and filled out a form to register - or 8 people may have done that- trusting that all applications would be turned in. This guy from PINPOINT knew which ones may have been protesting at the rally- so he just put them in trash on his way out of town!! If the guy really wants to be a good republican he should invest in a paper shredder!!!
week a least I didn't elect a president who gives the country of Egypt $1.5 billion without congressional approval to the Egyptians who's cabinet majority is the Muslim brotherhood! I also didn't elect a president who has issued 946 executive orders!! More than all former presidents combined!! What are we hiding here!!! What rights have you lost because of this you don't know because its kept secret!! Obama campaigned on being a transparent government!! Ha really you are being duped! If you are African American if you vote for Obama you are stomping your race down. He is Muslim if you are Christian you don't exist you must convert to his religion Islam or we will be persecuted again! Again Vote Romney
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Elmer Fudd wrote:
<quoted text> week a least I didn't elect a president who gives the country of Egypt $1.5 billion without congressional approval to the Egyptians who's cabinet majority is the Muslim brotherhood! I also didn't elect a president who has issued 946 executive orders!! More than all former presidents combined!! What are we hiding here!!! What rights have you lost because of this you don't know because its kept secret!! Obama campaigned on being a transparent government!! Ha really you are being duped! If you are African American if you vote for Obama you are stomping your race down. He is Muslim if you are Christian you don't exist you must convert to his religion Islam or we will be persecuted again! Again Vote Romney
elmer fudd works for foxnewz ?

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-execu...
hondacivic

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Elmer Fudd wrote:
<quoted text> week a least I didn't elect a president who gives the country of Egypt $1.5 billion without congressional approval to the Egyptians who's cabinet majority is the Muslim brotherhood! I also didn't elect a president who has issued 946 executive orders!! More than all former presidents combined!! What are we hiding here!!! What rights have you lost because of this you don't know because its kept secret!! Obama campaigned on being a transparent government!! Ha really you are being duped! If you are African American if you vote for Obama you are stomping your race down. He is Muslim if you are Christian you don't exist you must convert to his religion Islam or we will be persecuted again! Again Vote Romney
You forgot to include the birth certificate somewhere in your conspiracy theory rant. You are letting your extreme right-wing buddies down.
GOP

Earlysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to include the birth certificate somewhere in your conspiracy theory rant. You are letting your extreme right-wing buddies down.
and don't forget this lovely thing....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
Dude

Middleburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Elmer Fudd wrote:
<quoted text> week a least I didn't elect a president who gives the country of Egypt $1.5 billion without congressional approval to the Egyptians who's cabinet majority is the Muslim brotherhood! I also didn't elect a president who has issued 946 executive orders!! More than all former presidents combined!! What are we hiding here!!! What rights have you lost because of this you don't know because its kept secret!! Obama campaigned on being a transparent government!! Ha really you are being duped! If you are African American if you vote for Obama you are stomping your race down. He is Muslim if you are Christian you don't exist you must convert to his religion Islam or we will be persecuted again! Again Vote Romney
citing chain emails doesn't make you smart, or honest. We've been giving Egypt foriegn aid since Reagan. The Muslim brotherhood's power grab can be directly attributed to "the freedom agenda" and Obama has only issued 138 executive orders, even less any president going back to Ted Roosevelt including H Bush.(166)...
.
Basically, nothing you just posted is true
internets

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Disillusioned wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure. This guy threw away eight ballots -- certainly overshadows an organization who went all over America signing up homeless people.
um, the difference is ACORN employees made up fake voter registration forms because they were getting paid by the piece. Those forms were rejected. ACORN employees also registered people who were already registered to vote, because many people don't know they're already registered. Those forms were also rejected. Nobody gained the ability to vote twice, and no fake people earned a vote.

In this case, 8 people were prevented from voting
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Trashing these won't make a difference, early returns in Ohio demonstrate Obama already won this election.
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

heh wrote:
Trashing these won't make a difference, early returns in Ohio demonstrate Obama already won this election.
Everyone (on foxnews) is saying that Romney has won by a landslide, but don't count Gary out yet... HE'S Picking up steam!!!:(
Great Work

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

heh wrote:
Trashing these won't make a difference, early returns in Ohio demonstrate Obama already won this election.
Where did you see this?
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

heh wrote:
Trashing these won't make a difference, early returns in Ohio demonstrate Obama already won this election.
Early voting results are not a good indication of how an election will turn out. Early voting almost always favors democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harrisonburg Discussions

Search the Harrisonburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gery G Lucas 4 hr con knoker 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
#1 - NEW: Fox Bites Woman In Bridgewater Jul 5 Advantage Wildlife Solutn 1
Latest product recalls (Apr '08) Jun '14 Hopkin 24
Lined with Gold? Jun '14 are u kiddin 1
Review: M & S Auto Repair Jun '14 Bad news 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harrisonburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Harrisonburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Harrisonburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harrisonburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••