VA Couple to be Sentenced in W.Va. Sl...

VA Couple to be Sentenced in W.Va. Slayings - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

There are 28 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 6, 2012, titled VA Couple to be Sentenced in W.Va. Slayings - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Virginia couple faces sentencing on charges stemming from the deaths of a West Virginia family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dude

Winchester, VA

#21 Sep 6, 2012
Steve wrote:
Taking 3 innocent peoples lives doesn't make sense either! There clearly aren't any words to describe what this couple did to this family. Prison is not where they should be.
I completely understand the emotional want for non-Christian secular revenge style justice, don't get me wrong.
Bubble Burster

Fairfield, VA

#22 Sep 6, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I completely understand the emotional want for non-Christian secular revenge style justice, don't get me wrong.
Wanting justice is not revenge. In a civil society there are penalties and consequences for crimes. Justice is served when the penalty for the crime is equal to the amount of damage caused when committing the crime. The price you are willing to pay for your crime should be commensurate with the atrociousness of the crime you make the choice to commit.

Not only did this woman kill the father of her three children, plus their step-mother and little step-sister, whom they loved, she forced two of her kids to draw detailed diagrams of their father's house so they could go in to murder them. Then she forced all three kids to lie to give her an alibi. What she did to her own kids was nearly as bad as what she did to the innocent little girl.

She even tried to talk the man who helped her into committing suicide and taking all the blame. He was stupid--he went on to marry her after all that. She destroyed so many lives of people she didn't actually kill outright.

Why do you think it is revenge for her to be held accountable for her actions???
Dude

Winchester, VA

#23 Sep 6, 2012
Bubble Burster wrote:
<quoted text>Wanting justice is not revenge. In a civil society there are penalties and consequences for crimes. Justice is served when the penalty for the crime is equal to the amount of damage caused when committing the crime. The price you are willing to pay for your crime should be commensurate with the atrociousness of the crime you make the choice to commit.
Not only did this woman kill the father of her three children, plus their step-mother and little step-sister, whom they loved, she forced two of her kids to draw detailed diagrams of their father's house so they could go in to murder them. Then she forced all three kids to lie to give her an alibi. What she did to her own kids was nearly as bad as what she did to the innocent little girl.
She even tried to talk the man who helped her into committing suicide and taking all the blame. He was stupid--he went on to marry her after all that. She destroyed so many lives of people she didn't actually kill outright.
Why do you think it is revenge for her to be held accountable for her actions???
Not only do you have a poor grasp on the legal system, the constitution, you appear to have a poor grasp on the English language. Here,this at help.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Reveng...
Dude

Winchester, VA

#24 Sep 6, 2012
Not at, might
Bubble Burster

Fincastle, VA

#25 Sep 6, 2012
Dude wrote:
Not at, might
Having a problem with the English language?
Bubble Burster

Fincastle, VA

#26 Sep 6, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Not only do you have a poor grasp on the legal system, the constitution, you appear to have a poor grasp on the English language. Here,this at help.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Reveng...
You have a problem with answering a simple question. Why do you think it is revenge for her to be held accountable for her actions???

Oh, my! I just checked my cupboard and I'm all out of Troll Food!
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#27 Sep 7, 2012
Bubble Burster wrote:
<quoted text>Having a problem with the English language?
no, just my tablet's keyboard.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#28 Sep 7, 2012
Bubble Burster wrote:
<quoted text>You have a problem with answering a simple question. Why do you think it is revenge for her to be held accountable for her actions???
Oh, my! I just checked my cupboard and I'm all out of Troll Food!
Justice is subjective, I never expressed my opinion on what punishment they should or shouldn't get. I expressed that I understood secular revenge style justice. You took offense to that, sorry to burst your bubble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisonburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Bulletin Board (Oct '07) Sep 30 Carlos 3
Ashlea hosler Sep 26 Tampafoeva 3
houses lined in gold Sep 23 Beware of Whitelo... 5
RINER RENTALS so shady Sep '17 whatchamacallit 1
Katherine McMichael Jul '17 Tiffany 1
Prison Officers Alone Jul '17 Prison Officers A... 1
lot lizards (Apr '14) Jun '17 dodgy ray 5

Harrisonburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrisonburg Mortgages