Port Chester Roundup

Dec 4, 2007 | Posted by: PC Proud | Full story: portchesterroundup.blogspot.com

The Beat Goes On The Beat - Port Chester Does anyone remember this awesome bar in PC? the Port Chester music scene? Any opinions on any similar places around here?

Labels: Bars, Chowhound, Moby, The Beat

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Ken

Issaquah, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Oh ya... Moby, Abby, Antoinette, Paul, Brian, Jordan, Darcy, Victor, Audrey... lots of memeories there. Great times, great memories..
Tom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Remember it it was a motorcycle gangs club house before it was The Beat.
Robin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

I had my 25th b-day party there. Remember Ivonna? Brian was the manager. Tav worked the door. Fred & Tom were the owners. Moby had hair back then. Great music, cool ascetics, great times.
Robin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

I had my 25th b-day party there. Remember Ivonna? Brian was the manager. Tav worked at the door. Fred & Tom were owners. Moby had hair back then. Great music, cool ascetics, great memories...
Karen ST PETE -FL

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

What a great club this was. So much fun was had here!!! We have a similar place called Janus Landing here in St. Pete but still it does not compare!!!
RuthToinette

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Remember us?
We remember everything. Two Au pairs from Ireland who Moby took under his wing... and had tea parties with... We remember Brian, Darcy, Mark the mysterious, Robert the crazy fire hydrant painter with the bald head. We remember Matt Dillon one night in the phone box spent the whole night in there. Carrington Parker the 3rd who sat under the fish. We remember the fan at the end of the dance floor where we used to dance to the smiths. We remember. Anyone remember Mad Irish Steve the barman who was a bit nuts! We remember smoking pot outside with anyone who would smoke it with us. What about Tom with the water bed. Hello Robin? Is this you? The music was fab. Who remembers the performace art nights with the H man and the H poem? And Brian and Robert banging metal with sledge hammers as you do when you're in your early twenties in a great bar in the outskirts of New York Who had this phone no which we seem to remember 212 50 japan?
What was the name of the girl bar maid who had blonde hair and tatoos and boots whom we nick named BOOTSY
Who remembers cute Allard?
RuthToinette

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Ken is this you? Are you still with Abby? This is Ruth & Toinette. Do you remember us? What about a re-union. What happened to everyone? We need to know.
RuthToinette

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Hey Robin - Is this you? Is your birthday on the 23rd November. This is Ruth & Toinette from Ireland. Do you remember us. Have some great photo's. Do you know what happened to Mark & Robert the skin head. We 've lost touch with everyone xx
Robin

Bellerose, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Absolutely my birthday is November 23rd! I can't believe you remember. I think all my brain cells have been burned from all the partying there and there were some great parties. Somewhat wrote about Carrington Parker LOL I remember him. I'd love to see those pictures. I can't believe I found this website again. I miss those days at the BEAT...whatever happened to that group "Red Stripe"??
RuthToinette wrote:
Hey Robin - Is this you? Is your birthday on the 23rd November. This is Ruth & Toinette from Ireland. Do you remember us. Have some great photo's. Do you know what happened to Mark & Robert the skin head. We 've lost touch with everyone xx

“"say it to my face"”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

i thought the port chester "round up" was a bus leaving to mexico hahaha thats port chester ....i remember the beat thats before it turned into little mexico.....
Pat Sabatino

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

All - there is a group of a couple of hundred ex-Beat folk on Facebook here - http://www.facebook.com/ #!/home.php?sk=group_375436869 39
Tony

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

What ever happend to Ann from Cork Irland and the two Nannies from France Fabien and Gieslain .. and where is spider from Brazil and Saskia and Moonique from Holland How can we say hello to these guys ?? does anyone know where they are ?? The good old days ..
RuthToinette wrote:
Ken is this you? Are you still with Abby? This is Ruth & Toinette. Do you remember us? What about a re-union. What happened to everyone? We need to know.
Tony

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

What ever happend to Ann from Cork Irland and the two Nannies from France Fabien and Gieslain .. and where is spider from Brazil and Saskia and Moonique from Holland How can we say hello to these guys ?? does anyone know where they are ?? The good old days
Tony

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

What ever happend to Ann from Cork Ireland and the two Nannies from France Fabien and Gieslain .. and where is spider from Brazil and Saskia and Moonique from Holland .. also where is Irwin he was a funny guy .. How can we say hello to these guys ?? does anyone know where they are ?? The good old days
DanMartha

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Yeah we were there too when it opened through '86. Some of the best times we ever had were spent closing the beat and moving on into the night maybe to martys unable to sleep. I forget everyone's names but it was just wild shit. Managed to get popped a few times in the process.
initials are TO

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

I really had no idea at the time but it seems many of my young adult memories have you people in them. I still miss Jamie London but I often smile when he crosses my mind. If you see me out there shout at me, I'll greet you with open arms and then I suppose we shall have to find someplace that serves Rolling Rock in bottles. Now how about that process of child rearing that has to do with "just don't do anything I did and you should be fine"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Harrison News Video

•••
•••

Harrison Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Harrison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE