Philadelphia Teachers, Students, Pare...

Philadelphia Teachers, Students, Parents Join Rally In Harrisburg For School Funding

There are 1 comment on the CBS Local story from Jun 25, 2013, titled Philadelphia Teachers, Students, Parents Join Rally In Harrisburg For School Funding. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Teachers, students, parents and community leaders from Philadelphia boarded buses to Harrisburg this morning to rally in support of public school funding with groups from across Pennsylvania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

SameOldSTUFF

Pottstown, PA

#1 Jun 26, 2013
This is a story/survey from 1991 which basically said Philadelphia Schools had some of the highest costs in the NATION.

http://articles.philly.com/1991-10-17/news/25...

So almost 1/4 century later, billions of dollars and numerous political and leadership changes what has really changed in the Philadelphia School System. It's the same old stuff.

Perhaps Philadelphia should be asking more money for social programs rather than trying to shove their social welfare programs into their public school system. If they need more police or welfare workers ask for them but do not ask for them via support staff in a public school budget.

There are districts out there spending less per pupil with much better results. Perhaps that's because they spend more money in other areas which still have an affect on students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is a Liar,Unfit or Qualified and a Moron ... Oct 19 Overtaxed 3
cavern electronics Oct 15 jumpinganaconda 1
News Trump in Harrisburg to Talk Taxes Oct 13 Putins Glock Holster 2
Are you in Pain? Hmu at 62-022-02269 for a hookup Oct 8 Penny drop 1
News Man's lawsuit: Woman shouldn't have watched me ... (Oct '10) Oct 4 Demon 71
Review: Asphalt Sealed By RS Maile (Oct '10) Sep 30 Bad Hombre 5
Arrested while campaigning for state rep. Sep 28 Loyal riverwalker 7

Harrisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrisburg Mortgages