Sinnott to run for third and final te...

Sinnott to run for third and final term as Erie's mayor

There are 12 comments on the Erie Times News story from Jan 23, 2013, titled Sinnott to run for third and final term as Erie's mayor. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Eight years ago, then-City Councilman Joe Sinnott asked Erie residents to believe that he was the person who could lead the city out of troubled times and into a better future.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

The Jokes On Us

Erie, PA

#1 Jan 24, 2013
You gotta be kidding me.

"Trust me to do in the next 4 years what I should have done in previous 8 years."

Seriously?
union thug

Erie, PA

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Realtor Dennis Weed reveals himself yet again
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#4 Jan 24, 2013
The Jokes On Us wrote:
You gotta be kidding me.
"Trust me to do in the next 4 years what I should have done in previous 8 years."
Seriously?
So what SHOULD he have done?
The Jokes On Us

Erie, PA

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Finish something. Anything.

Cut City Hall staff.

Cut nepotism.

Stop singing and riding motorcycles when there is work to be done.

Get streets plowed faster/better.

Create a safe city that people want to live in and that businesses want to locate in.

Get more cops on the street and less behind desks.

Do something about the $60 MILLION pension deficit.

Get creative and cut health care costs and get employees to pay more share of the costs.

Don't borrow $8 MILLION to pave streets and buy cop cars that will be gone in 5 years but the debt will last for 15 years. Or more when it gets refinanced later.

Get the idea?

Do you think Erie is a well run city?
sinnott fatigue

United States

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Donuts ordered city hall staff into council chambers for his announcement which was essentially a campaign event. Joe and Whitey have no problem using city time and staff for political work.
burner

Erie, PA

#8 Jan 24, 2013
sinnott fatigue wrote:
Donuts ordered city hall staff into council chambers for his announcement which was essentially a campaign event. Joe and Whitey have no problem using city time and staff for political work.
is that legal?
skip the pee pee

Waterford, PA

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Who wants a Mayor who's name rhymes with snot? Vote for the pee in the big one three!

I endorsed this message. Here is how you can tell: Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss t. Go forth with my blessing children.
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#10 Jan 25, 2013
The Jokes On Us wrote:
Finish something. Anything.
Cut City Hall staff.
Cut nepotism.
Stop singing and riding motorcycles when there is work to be done.
Get streets plowed faster/better.
Create a safe city that people want to live in and that businesses want to locate in.
Get more cops on the street and less behind desks.
Do something about the $60 MILLION pension deficit.
Get creative and cut health care costs and get employees to pay more share of the costs.
Don't borrow $8 MILLION to pave streets and buy cop cars that will be gone in 5 years but the debt will last for 15 years. Or more when it gets refinanced later.
Get the idea?
Do you think Erie is a well run city?
Yes, let's keep cutting employees which in turn cuts services. Let's cut police because we don't really need them. Then when you do and it takes forever for them to respond due to lack of manpower, you ask, "What took you so long?" In a nut shell you want the services BUT you don't want to pay for them.
Compared to other Cities in PA Erie is doing well. We avoided Act 47. Talk to people in Pittsburgh about whta they COULD have done if we were in Act 47.
Why not list an example of a City that we should be modeling ourselves after.
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#11 Jan 25, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
"Regionalism is the long-term future for all communities like this, but it never got a lot of buy-in from outlying areas," he said.
"CODE":
Regionalism = Redistribution
Sucking the life out of eerie county property owners, every town and every township.
Public sector union pigs sucking the county dry.
I haven't been sucked dry yet Tax, get off the computer and get me off.
The Jokes On Us

Erie, PA

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Tacks Know More wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, let's keep cutting employees which in turn cuts services. Let's cut police because we don't really need them. Then when you do and it takes forever for them to respond due to lack of manpower, you ask, "What took you so long?" In a nut shell you want the services BUT you don't want to pay for them.
Compared to other Cities in PA Erie is doing well. We avoided Act 47. Talk to people in Pittsburgh about whta they COULD have done if we were in Act 47.
Why not list an example of a City that we should be modeling ourselves after.
'

I said get MORE cops on the streets and fewer behind desks. That does not mean fewer cops.

And who said anything about being like Pittsburgh?
Tacks Gnome Ore

Erie, PA

#13 Jan 25, 2013
The Jokes On Us wrote:
<quoted text>'
I said get MORE cops on the streets and fewer behind desks. That does not mean fewer cops.
And who said anything about being like Pittsburgh?
Joe kept us out of Act 47. Pittsburgh is currently in Act 47.
myth of sinnott

Erie, PA

#14 Jan 25, 2013
Tacks Gnome Ore wrote:
<quoted text>Joe kept us out of Act 47. Pittsburgh is currently in Act 47.
And Pittsburgh is a dynamic city, an economic leader, and one of the most livable cities in America and Erie is a depressing shithole.

It is not enough to cut services and raise taxes THREE TIMES like joe dounuts did. It is also important to create jobs and economic opportunity. He has failed to do that. Hell, he gave a family friend Kim Green a $100,000 year job as a public authority director. She doesn't have a clue.

Joe has raided and depleted reserve accounts, borrowed money for road repairs, and has kicked the unfunded pension liability down the road. The city hall pension needed reform. He didn't do that.

What he did do was spend millions of scarce block grant funds on Perry Square instead of paving streets and put in those stupid bumpouts on State Street.

Anyone buy one of Joe Sinnot's Arby's townhouses yet? How much did Joe spend to buy the buildings that used to be there? Another million dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enola Doctor Arrested (Jun '12) 13 hr Goldilocks11 35
News DiSanto is the right person to represent the 15... Aug 14 mar 1
Lying Donald Trump Aug 14 bull 14
egor vincent e martz Aug 10 martz friends 1
News Pa. mostly transcends old - Rust Belt' label Aug 8 rusty trombone 1
Pinnacle health hospital Jul 28 Concerned 1
Free money Jul 27 noaa 2

Harrisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance