ACLU-PA demands Chambersburg School B...

ACLU-PA demands Chambersburg School Board allow GSA or face lawsuit

There are 24 comments on the WHP-TV Harrisburg story from Mar 13, 2013, titled ACLU-PA demands Chambersburg School Board allow GSA or face lawsuit. In it, WHP-TV Harrisburg reports that:

The ACLU is demanding a local school district to reverse its decision against having a Gay-Straight Alliance club in its school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHP-TV Harrisburg.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer

Greencastle, PA

#1 Mar 13, 2013
Let's hope these 5 school board yahoos reverse their constituent pleasing vote before taxpayers have to fund a legal defense the district is sure to lose.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
Let's hope these 5 school board yahoos reverse their constituent pleasing vote before taxpayers have to fund a legal defense the district is sure to lose.
If the ACLU sues, it won't be for money - it will only be to overturn the decision. And, I should add, the justification for the decision is pretty pathetic.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
Ha Ha Ha bigots.... shove that up your azzes.., Love the ACLU :)
I don't think you're helping...

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Mar 14, 2013
The school board is violating federal law (The Equal Access Act). I'd say 20 years n the federal slammer for each one may get them to change their minds in awhile.
Norton

Netherlands

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>don't worry the ACLU will help restore equallity... no matter what i do
Why do you have a picture of a horse' ass?
Taxpayer

Greencastle, PA

#8 Mar 20, 2013
It seems that CASD has seen the light as far as fighting a battle it was sure to lose. The district announced Wed. that the GSA club can meet with club status until the Board meeting next Wed. at CAMS North(Faust.)It will be interesting to see who changes their vote (if the approval passes.) Jan Sulcove, the Board's lawyer, had advised them to approve the club before their last vote, so the stupidity rests with the 5 yahoos.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
It seems that CASD has seen the light as far as fighting a battle it was sure to lose. The district announced Wed. that the GSA club can meet with club status until the Board meeting next Wed. at CAMS North(Faust.)It will be interesting to see who changes their vote (if the approval passes.) Jan Sulcove, the Board's lawyer, had advised them to approve the club before their last vote, so the stupidity rests with the 5 yahoos.
Why so many yahoos in PA ?!
Wolfgang

Waynesboro, PA

#10 Mar 21, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so many yahoos in PA ?!
Out of state Old people who move here because we don't tax retirement income, we call em freeloaders.
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#11 Mar 21, 2013
Wolfgang wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of state Old people who move here because we don't tax retirement income, we call em freeloaders.
Also there's alot of Ya hoos in Franklin county because we are all related. Ever hear of incest? All the 2nd generation and on know what I am talking about.

People like me (DTM) are from here. My family goes way back. I am related to almost everyone here. I never left the area, too insecure. So I spend my time on topix as multiple posters.
Wolfgang

Waynesboro, PA

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>So I spend my time on topix as multiple posters.
A moment of honesty from the wingnut, LMAO
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Mar 21, 2013
Wolfgang wrote:
<quoted text>
A moment of honesty from the wingnut, LMAO
So Really/DTM is agreeing with me, your mom and dad are also brother and sister. I guess that explains why you are a multiple poster, not quite there. Poor DTM/Really or whatever name you use or steal. You just don't have enough brain power to sort right from wrong. Poor lost, clueless soul.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Mar 21, 2013
What you are witnessing here is the final stages of DTMDS, where the brain is so diseased that it can't do anything but obsess on DTM.

Sad.

Hopefully a merciful end will come quickly to these poor, disease-ridden freaks.

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Mar 21, 2013
Gay-Straight Alliance Club gets temporary okay at CASHS

Chambersburg Area Senior High School has a Gay-Straight Alliance club - for now.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania was notified Wednesday that the Chambersburg Area School District would grant the club all the same rights and responsibilities as other clubs immediately, and at least until the school board meets again.

The school board meets at 7 p.m. March 27 in the CAMS North auditorium.

"The district has been in contact with the ACLU and the topic will be addressed at the March 27 board meeting under 'old business,'" CASD Assistant Superintendent Eric Michael said.

The district faced an ACLU deadline to reverse the decision by the end of business on Wednesday.

"Depending on what the board does that will determine whether this continues or does not continue," said Vic Walczak, legal director of the ACLU Pa. "We can wait for the formal decision."

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/latestnews...

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#16 Mar 21, 2013
Just out of curiosity, is there a Heathan-Christian Alliance club at the school? Should one be allowed?
Anon

San Francisco, CA

#17 Mar 21, 2013
Thank God NAMBLA didn't request the rights to a club here. Some of these libs would think that is perfectly OK too.

As for this club, I can see the meetings now: mandatory Richard Simmons, Liza Minnelli, Will & Grace, and Glee showings. Practicing for a career on "Say yes to that dress". Maybe a little "Guess that showtune"?

Oh yes, how far we have come.

Actually, joking aside, I could care less if they have a club. It's not my thing, but it's not hurting anyone so long as the intent isn't to convince people they really are LGBT. Everyone can use a support group now and then. I wouldn't personally promote it or have attempted to bring it here, but now that it is, the board should just accept it and move on to more important things.
sitting down

United States

#18 Mar 21, 2013
Next comes the shims wanting their own bathroom where they all pee together.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 21, 2013
Anon wrote:
Thank God NAMBLA didn't request the rights to a club here. Some of these libs would think that is perfectly OK too.
As for this club, I can see the meetings now: mandatory Richard Simmons, Liza Minnelli, Will & Grace, and Glee showings. Practicing for a career on "Say yes to that dress". Maybe a little "Guess that showtune"?
Actually, joking aside, I could care less if they have a club. It's not my thing, but it's not hurting anyone so long as the intent isn't to convince people they really are LGBT. Everyone can use a support group now and then. I wouldn't personally promote it or have attempted to bring it here, but now that it is, the board should just accept it and move on to more important things.
Why do so many discussions go back to NAMBLA? I find it's conservatives that have the sick preoccupation with that organization.

Why would anyone, ever, in any way think that this club is about convincing straight people that they're gay? Is that really what some people, that some people are concerned about? It just shows how utterly ignorant people are on this.

The reason these support groups exist is because LGBT teenagers are tormented in school; bullied sometimes to the point of suicide. Finally, there is national awareness of this problem and a real grassroots effort to stop bullying in general. And you're afraid straight kids might be convinced they're gay when they're not?

Unbelievably clueless.

Now, I know your comment was probably tongue-in-cheek, but it kind of goes back to how Senator Portman came out in gay marriage when he learned his son was gay. You don't even think about how this really affects actual human beings until it affects you. People are gay - it's time to get over it, and it's organization like this gay-straight alliance that will move society as a whole past it.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Anon wrote:
NAMBLA doesn't even exist. They're like the boogeyman.

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Mar 21, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there a Heathan-Christian Alliance club at the school? Should one be allowed?
Or a Hateful Bigots-Normal Humans Alliance...

Chambersburg, PA

#22 Mar 21, 2013
Anon wrote:
I think you meant - "Actually, bigoted stereotypes aside..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lying Donald Trump 11 hr Stan 10
Chad Robinson Jun 27 Hey Dumbass 4
News Flaggers bear rage of Franklin County motorists (Aug '09) Jun 25 NPG 45
Mayor Papenpus-sy and his war against PennLive Jun 20 Papenfus Sucks 1
test Jun 20 jeep 2
News Lesbian barred from high school prom Jun 18 Huck 3
jeep Jun 7 jeep 1

Harrisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance