Hickory Ridge Debate: Even new high s...

Hickory Ridge Debate: Even new high school's nickname causes a ...

There are 1 comment on the The Charlotte Observer story from Nov 19, 2006, titled Hickory Ridge Debate: Even new high school's nickname causes a .... In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

The issues just keep popping up for the new Hickory Ridge High School. Last year, residents signed a petition asking the school to be named Harrisburg High.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

#1 Nov 28, 2006
It's sad to see new comers to an area totally destroy the life style and culture that they liked well enough before moving in. My Mom went to Harrisburg High, as did I. You may have torn the building down, but our memories are still with the one and only, authentic Harrisburg High. I'm sure some of the ones that wants everything changed can be creative enough to come up with an appropriate name because there can never be another Harrisburg High!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 6 hr Nope 4,978
News Threat of closures looms over Bi-Lo stores in G... 13 hr just saying 9
Billy Graham was a Christian bigot 13 hr Angel at night 26
Billy Graham's Funeral 14 hr Angel at night 63
NBC Charlotte Sun Nope 3
Plug me in (Jul '17) Mar 17 kingslayer 8
Why is Christian non-profit fraud so big uptown. Mar 16 Angel at night 15

Harrisburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Harrisburg Mortgages