Are Southerners Stupid or do they jus...
yankees go back home

United States

#5081 Aug 27, 2013
Now!
over taxed

United States

#5082 Aug 27, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
Been watching the teen tournament on Jeopardy. Noticed the semi finalists were all southerners expect for the wild cards.
They are very smart but it's a shame they don't know how to bet.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5084 Aug 27, 2013
Lacrosse Coachh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the real Jeopardy. They show a different version in the South with categories that require the contestants to know things like the difference between "dip" and "chew" and things like lift kits for four-wheel drive pick-up trucks
No it's the real deal.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#5086 Aug 28, 2013
Timmy_ and LC, I will be at the Hickory Tavern this Saturday to watch Buffalo get stomped by Ohio State. Feel free to join me... My friend (Fred Lee, Khalil Mack) are starting wide receivers and line backers respectively.
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#5087 Aug 28, 2013
Life Coach wrote:
I am from Buffalo New York, but I have spent alot of time living in the South When I first lived in the South, I just figured Southerns just talked funny. After getting to know Southerners, I have come to realize they are much less intelligent and less civilized than Northerners They speak a language that barely resembles English and they act like violent animals. Is it the heat, or what?
I've often wondered the same thing, though not in quite such insulting or derogatory terms. I agree, it sounds like proper English has been long-lost too many people in the South, for instance have you watched any of the recent spate of "Southern redneck" TV shows? These people are Americans and they have to put subtitles underneath them when they speak! The other thing I've wondered for years is, WHY do they still seem to care about the Civil War?! My goodness it was generations ago, what part of 'that was then and this is now' don't think people understand? It's just sad I guess.

Location hidden

#5088 Aug 28, 2013
PDX Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often wondered the same thing, though not in quite such insulting or derogatory terms. I agree, it sounds like proper English has been long-lost too many people in the South, for instance have you watched any of the recent spate of "Southern redneck" TV shows? These people are Americans and they have to put subtitles underneath them when they speak! The other thing I've wondered for years is, WHY do they still seem to care about the Civil War?! My goodness it was generations ago, what part of 'that was then and this is now' don't think people understand? It's just sad I guess.
Those is a tv shows. The War between the States is the correct term.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5094 Sep 1, 2013
Buffalo did quite well. The woman doing play-by-play got almost every stat wrong about Buffalo. Do your damn research!

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5095 Sep 1, 2013
A Penn State couple came into Hickory Tavern and I said loudly; "Mr. and Mrs. Sandusky". They were pissed and I know they wanted to kick my azz. I'm glad I'm huge. Then it got awkward because I had to route for the Nittany Lions since they were playing Syracuse. Go PSU!

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5098 Sep 4, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one
I wonder if they are thinking about changing the name of Sandusky Ohio
I heard one of his sons who was also one of his victims changed his name already
Ever notice you never see anybody named Hitler anymore
ou are right, that is a real shame. This man has created tons of victims over his brilliant career. He chose boys over men, and that was his downfall. A man would have killed him. But, he took advantage of these young boys and have essentially destroyed lives.

I have love for Penn State, so they should have not taken it personally. But, when I saw they were playing Syracuse, I had to join my friends in Blue.

My damn kids last night reminded me; "Dad, you went to the Syracuse..." They were looking through old college picture of me. I took their car keys, cell phones, and have grounded them until next Sunday evening.
YESYES

Angier, NC

#5099 Sep 4, 2013
This is just another post started by a total idiot from up north. If you do a bit of snooping on these forums, you will find the original poster has been banned from many of these forums. Total idiot.
Brian12

State College, PA

#5101 Sep 16, 2013
Living in NYC now for employment. Born and raised in PA. Yes, Charlotte is a great place for sure. It also has all of the dope, crime, prostitution and other undesireable behaviors of any growing progressive city. Atlanta is nothing but a very hot and humid NYC in the south. Any city anywhere has it's good and bad and Charlotte while growing and doing great is finding it's share of the bad along with the good.
Also the idiot posting of why northerners would pay throught the azz in propane for heat in the winter fails to realize what my friends in the south pay in electricity for cooling. It's more than what we pay for heating if broken down to a monthly amount for the entire cooling season.
As an advanced practice RN working in the CCU and post op in Manhattan I was shocked by the remark of the RN in Charlotte stating she would not go out of her way for a northerner in her care in the ICU ! Wow, how professional. I go out of my way for anyone. I'm a nurse and it' what good nurses do.

Location hidden

#5103 Sep 16, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
Why do Southerners eat like ANIMALS?
They eat while wearing their stupid (usually camouflage) baseball hates
They go "pig pickins'" and "crab feasts where they go outside pick at dead animals while being surronded by flies
yankee restaurants have snails on the menu.

Location hidden

#5105 Sep 17, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You watch too much TV. I am sure there are some fancy French restaurants that serve "escargot", but I have never been to one
I have however been in Southern grocery stores and have hog heads and hog faces staring at me from the meat case. I have seen pig brains, pork knuckles, chicken feet, chicken beaks, hog intestines with the corn and poop still in them, carp, shad fish that smell like yeast infections, hog snouts, hog tails, opossum pie, muskrat stew....people up north don't eat that garbage.
Come on I have never seen possum pie, muskrat stew or chicken beaks in the store.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5106 Sep 18, 2013
LOL, yes you have...
ny sucks

Newark, NJ

#5109 Sep 24, 2013
This isn't about north vs south. This is about new york vs everybody else. I live in rhode island. When people from the carolinas, texas etc... come to visit here, we're just like "hi, how's it going?" But I dare you to walk around wearing an article of clothing with an ny team on it. The new england states even tried to secede from the union in the war of 1812? Why? Because we don't wanna be seen as new yorkers. I've been to the south before, and have heard them shout "go home!" To new yorkers, but never once to me. What's that tell you?
Timmy_s Dad

Blairsville, GA

#5110 Sep 25, 2013
It's itdnt nice to pick on people because of their sexuall orientation or mental sloness. Timmy_s mother (my sister) an I are rite proud of him.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#5111 Sep 25, 2013
ny sucks wrote:
This isn't about north vs south. This is about new york vs everybody else. I live in rhode island. When people from the carolinas, texas etc... come to visit here, we're just like "hi, how's it going?" But I dare you to walk around wearing an article of clothing with an ny team on it. The new england states even tried to secede from the union in the war of 1812? Why? Because we don't wanna be seen as new yorkers. I've been to the south before, and have heard them shout "go home!" To new yorkers, but never once to me. What's that tell you?
Thenou have neer been to the south.

Location hidden

#5112 Sep 25, 2013
ny sucks wrote:
I met someone from RI back in the winter. Was one of the nicest northerners I have ever talked to.

Location hidden

#5113 Sep 25, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
Why do Southerners eat like ANIMALS?
They eat while wearing their stupid (usually camouflage) baseball hates
They go "pig pickins'" and "crab feasts where they go outside pick at dead animals while being surronded by flies
http://www.wkyc.com/news/story.aspx...
ny sucks

Newark, NJ

#5114 Sep 25, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Thenou have neer been to the south.
. I've been all through dixie, they were a lot nicer to me than you buffalonians, or whatever you guys are, ever where. You guys are trashy, this is why rent in that city is so cheap, nobody wants to live there. Long live dixie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dont trust trump 2 hr American Patriot 7
Watch the heat Tue TIME 1
Unchecked apartment building. Mon moplus 1
Hidden Fees Mon Lama 2
Shiloh Trace HOA (Nov '13) Mon PNorkett 3
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) Sun anyone 306
Litter Litter Everywhere. (Jan '15) Jan '15 No litter 1

Harrisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance