“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#4640 Feb 18, 2013
Just a Reader wrote:
I agree with the locals.."Why are you here then??"
We came here from Michigan in October. We found the locals to be accepting and kind. THEY have manners, and as far as their speech, don't you think you have an accent?? How do you think you sound to them?
One thing we noticed is that they are hard working people and they work long after many retire. Our new neighbors have offered their help and support if we ever need them for anything and we did the same. I hope your pen name "Life Coach" is just one you made up because you are the farthest thing from a "Life Coach" as you can get.
I want the locals to know that we retired here and it is NOT because we couldn't make it up North. We couldn't take the Michigan winters, as you have seen in recent weather reports, they are being hammered this year with snow. Lots of it.
We are happy to be here and are not here to change anything. If you saw us, you would see right away, we are "down to earth" people. Love the land, love to hunt and fish...and my husband's biggest regret is that he had to sell his old Ford 150 because it would never make it this distance.
So Life Coach...isn't there something you like about the south? If not, how did you end up here? I would think you would end up in Florida.
<quoted text>
yOu could not take the harsh winters? According to Al Gore, we are experiencing global warming?
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#4641 Feb 18, 2013
Just a Reader wrote:
I agree with the locals.."Why are you here then??"
We came here from Michigan in October. We found the locals to be accepting and kind. THEY have manners, and as far as their speech, don't you think you have an accent?? How do you think you sound to them?
One thing we noticed is that they are hard working people and they work long after many retire. Our new neighbors have offered their help and support if we ever need them for anything and we did the same. I hope your pen name "Life Coach" is just one you made up because you are the farthest thing from a "Life Coach" as you can get.
I want the locals to know that we retired here and it is NOT because we couldn't make it up North. We couldn't take the Michigan winters, as you have seen in recent weather reports, they are being hammered this year with snow. Lots of it.
We are happy to be here and are not here to change anything. If you saw us, you would see right away, we are "down to earth" people. Love the land, love to hunt and fish...and my husband's biggest regret is that he had to sell his old Ford 150 because it would never make it this distance.
So Life Coach...isn't there something you like about the south? If not, how did you end up here? I would think you would end up in Florida.
<quoted text>
I came down south because I wanted to try to civilize these animals. Kind of like a Peace Corps mission. It is much harder than I thought because southerners are very wild and stupid animals.

The reason southerners usually work beyond retirement is because:

1.Southern states are usually "right to work" states so they usually don't have retirement benefits beyond Social Security

2. Southerners usually get divorced and re-married several times, so if they do have pensions or other assets, their ex-spouses usually have a right to part of it.

3. Southerners "live for today", so they have a history of financial irresponsibility

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4642 Feb 18, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: Why do southern schools teach sex ed only on Tuesday and Thursday
A: Because the rest of the week they need the mule for driver's ed
THAT has GOT to be the best I have ever read!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!

Chesapeake, VA

#4643 Feb 18, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT has GOT to be the best I have ever read!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!
Because there is so much truth to this, Southerners don't even realize it is a joke.
Ugly Yankee women

Charlotte, NC

#4644 Feb 18, 2013
I lived in the North for eight years. Northern women are ugly, fat, loud and obnoxious. No wonder Yankee men are such pricks - having to have sex and wake up to ugly every day.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4645 Feb 18, 2013
Ugly Yankee women wrote:
I lived in the North for eight years. Northern women are ugly, fat, loud and obnoxious. No wonder Yankee men are such pricks - having to have sex and wake up to ugly every day.
Please write in complete sentences.
Just a Reader

Cullowhee, NC

#4646 Feb 18, 2013
Apparently not in Michigan. We had a mild winter last year...this year they are getting snow (lots of it) every day.
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>yOu could not take the harsh winters? According to Al Gore, we are experiencing global warming?
Just a Reader

Cullowhee, NC

#4647 Feb 18, 2013
Oh, come on....they aren't ALL ugly (or fat,loud and obnoxious).
Ugly Yankee women wrote:

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4648 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I came down south because I wanted to try to civilize these animals. Kind of like a Peace Corps mission. It is much harder than I thought because southerners are very wild and stupid animals.
The reason southerners usually work beyond retirement is because:
1.Southern states are usually "right to work" states so they usually don't have retirement benefits beyond Social Security
2. Southerners usually get divorced and re-married several times, so if they do have pensions or other assets, their ex-spouses usually have a right to part of it.
3. Southerners "live for today", so they have a history of financial irresponsibility
But We still have factories unlike the rust belt!

Chesapeake, VA

#4649 Feb 18, 2013
Ugly Yankee women wrote:

Location hidden

#4650 Feb 18, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>But We still have factories unlike the rust belt!
Seriously? You wanna go THERE? THATS RICH.....they are leaving in DROVES 'cause they can't find people smart enough for general labor entry level jobs!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#4651 Feb 18, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>But We still have factories unlike the rust belt!
Not too smart are ya Timmy? It's the raggedy old flag Timmy. You need to get with the times...that rag LOST. OMG, could you imagine what a mess the country would be in if the rednecks actually won?!?!?!?!?! I mean... the whole country in sync with the south.....now THAT is scary.

Location hidden

#4652 Feb 18, 2013
I mean really; everybody slowly stumbling around with un-kept beards, a mouthfull of mud & drooling it all over themselves, trying to communicate by mumbling, inbreeding rampant all over the country and EVERYBODY putting air in the house tires to get TV reception and screaming ye-haw every time their sister gets home from the still? LAWD HAVE MERCY.

Chesapeake, VA

#4653 Feb 18, 2013
luvnut wrote:
I mean really; everybody slowly stumbling around with un-kept beards, a mouthfull of mud & drooling it all over themselves, trying to communicate by mumbling, inbreeding rampant all over the country and EVERYBODY putting air in the house tires to get TV reception and screaming ye-haw every time their sister gets home from the still? LAWD HAVE MERCY.
Just don't listen to the woman in the middle. Try your best to listen to the unwashed, toothless mumbler in the front.

Location hidden

#4654 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Just don't listen to the woman in the middle. Try your best to listen to the unwashed, toothless mumbler in the front.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BaxECcTjCuwXX
Yea...that's hilarious! Somebody sent that to me awhile back. THAT is classic priceless. Hey, it could be Timmy & his momma!

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4655 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BaxECcTjCuwXX
That is still very funny!

Chesapeake, VA

#4656 Feb 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>That is still very funny!
It's a great way to bump up the thread if it dies down

Could you imagine how bad those dirty hicks must smell?

Location hidden

#4657 Feb 19, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea...that's hilarious! Somebody sent that to me awhile back. THAT is classic priceless. Hey, it could be Timmy & his momma!
Thats your family, no wonder you moved away.

Location hidden

#4658 Feb 19, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>That is still very funny!
Not everyone was fortunate enough to have a football scholarship.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4659 Feb 19, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone was fortunate enough to have a football scholarship.
Tht is true. But, I still worked for it. And, I graduated with a 3.67 in undergraduate, and a 4.0 throughout my graduate education. I still had to do the work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bggb Wed guest 6
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) Oct 20 UTB 56
Senator Kay Hagan Oct 19 Wabash Tsunami 1
The Range at Lake Norman - thumbs down (Nov '11) Oct 19 Scott 48
help........please help Oct 18 Interesting 5
Cruising in Northlake mall? Oct 18 Hornyguy 1
bank of america's vaibhav vaishnav july 11,2014... Oct 17 Brain M 2
Harrisburg Dating
Find my Match

Harrisburg Jobs