Moving to Harrisburg?
Andrea

AOL

#1 Feb 22, 2007
Very interested in the area...Would welcome any information regarding schools, shopping, developments etc....information from residents is the best information...thanks!!
JoanB

Charlotte, NC

#3 Apr 2, 2007
Schools are great, lots of new homes being built, rather expensive. Local shopping is nil, you can get groceries at Lowe's Foods and Bloom, you can rent a movie at Hollywood, you can get a hair cut, tan and very good Chinese food. If you want fast food there's enough of that. As for any other shopping you've got to go to Concord, University or wherever, rather long trip. Don't look for a local IHOP, bookstore, clothing store of any kind, pet store, toy store, major hardware store.
People are great & so is the weather so I'm happy I'm here but hate the long trips for shopping. Good news, there will be a new mall soon, a lot closer to Harrisburg.
David

Harrisburg, NC

#4 Jun 9, 2007
I have been in Harrisburg since last July and love the town. It is quiet and everything I need is close by. I am wondering where the new mall will be located at.
fed up

AOL

#5 Jun 9, 2007
i grew up in harrisburg, moving there in 1961. It was a great town until around 1975. When all the northerners with their rudeness started moving in , i decided to get out and you couldn't get me back there. I am very happy in Midland and will stay here until i die.
Northeners to Fed up

Charlotte, NC

#6 Feb 25, 2009
PLEASE DON'T COME BACK, WE ARE CIVILIZING HARRISBURG, GETTING RID OF ALL THE HICKS , WE ARE DOING WELL , STAY UP THERE !!
THANKS
HAHAHA

Woodstock, GA

#7 Jun 7, 2009
University and Concord a long trip? Its like 3 miles down 49 lmao or 5 minutes up 485 haha!

I just moved from Harrisburg and I loved it, great lil town, quiet yet convienent to charlotte.
cabarrusdotcom

Iron Station, NC

#8 Dec 26, 2009
Ignore comments 5 & 6 as they do not reflect the majority of personalities found in our area. The Harrisburg area is the place to raise a family and filled with many wonderful, thoughtful people. Our schools are fantastic because the teachers care and there is an incredible public involvement. We have a small town appeal with access to all the amenities of the big cities. If you want to be part of a close, caring community please come visit or stay. We welcome any positive addition to our area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No Sign of Arson Yet in Latest Black Church Fire Thu Go Blue Forever 4
Looking for an MC. Thu CorporateOutlaw 2
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Thu Timmy_ 283
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) Thu Yankee Coward 271
bggb (Aug '14) Thu anonymous 167
Me Brain France Mr Nascar Wed Taxpayer 8
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Wed anonymous 4,835
More from around the web

Harrisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Harrisburg Mortgages