Red Bud School Board
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
parent with promblem

Waterloo, IL

#1 Dec 22, 2011
Is it just me or do we seem to be going through many teachers,principals,and superintendants over the last 6 or 7 years.This needs to stop and the school board needs to let the people THEY hire do they were hired to do and back off these people.Back in the day these people were never run through the door as they are now.its a shame we have to tell are kids every year or two that they have a new principal again,they ask why and i say the school board run them out.Its time to get rid of some of the members that have no bearing interest in the school other than to say they are on school board.This needs to be corrected at the next time their term is up.Its time we as parents stand up and vote them out once and for all.They seem to have a problem spending money on school projects but not on a ball field and a overpriced snack stand.Classrooms should come first not sports.I guess we need marbal countertops to impress other schools though,this is a waste of my tax payer dollar and i wish we would of had a say in this project that was not needed
little maynard

Waterloo, IL

#2 Dec 22, 2011
Agreed. Lets get a new football and baseball field...band class?!? f those nerds.
gobud

United States

#3 Dec 22, 2011
Yep....Harsey, Hall, Beattie, Imhoff, Lovell, and now Goodman. So meanwhile our teachers and kids have to get used to someone new again. I would like to ask them why they left...sounds like a good story for the News Democrat.
little maynard

Waterloo, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2011
Its the same thing in Waterloo too.
jp7k

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2012
little maynard wrote:
Agreed. Lets get a new football and baseball field...band class?!? f those nerds.
Got a problem against the band?
Anonymous

Clinton, IA

#6 Jan 10, 2012
Some of my family go to RBHS. It sounds like its changed for the worst. Cameras everywhere. Teaachers getting fired left and right. There was some lady called Mrs. Thompson that I don't even want to write the stuff I heard about her. They really need to get their shit together.

It should be a fun place where kids can have fun, grow up, and get a solid education. is that so much to ask?
concerned

Columbia, IL

#7 Jan 11, 2012
yes what is wrong with the band??? the grade school band is great and have been asked to play at several other places besides the school. stop saying bad things about them. they are great. lets see you get up there and play like them. keep going grade school band you are doing great!!!! keep up the wonderful work!!!!!!!! alot of people are proud of you, there will always be someone that is negative, but dont listen to them.
WHAT

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 11, 2012
What does a school board do? Seems like something everyone would be better off not having.
JoJo

Waterloo, IL

#9 Jan 11, 2012
gobud wrote:
Yep....Harsey, Hall, Beattie, Imhoff, Lovell, and now Goodman. So meanwhile our teachers and kids have to get used to someone new again. I would like to ask them why they left...sounds like a good story for the News Democrat.
That dude that owns that pharmacy by McDs left too.
Sharonpeters

Baldwin, IL

#10 Jan 11, 2012
You dont know the shit that my daughter came home and told me about the lady! She's a plain slut who deserved to get her fat ass fired!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 11, 2012
Sharonpeters wrote:
You dont know the shit that my daughter came home and told me about the lady! She's a plain slut who deserved to get her fat ass fired!
I don't know who you think finds this funny. This language is offensive and not lady like! Your daughter seems to like to spread lies about nice people.
whut

Waterloo, IL

#12 Jan 12, 2012
little maynard wrote:
Oh my god, the next time I hear someone dissing band again I'm going to track them. We are not nerds. We actually put in MANY hours to provide at least SOME entertainment in the basketball games and football games. Unlike some people, we actually participate in something we find fun and interesting. You don't need to make snide comments about anything anyone finds interesting. Right now I could said "f those jocks" and not be the least offended because, honestly, I hate sports. But unlike you, being rude and ignorant, having to say something that isn't honestly important, I'll be polite and just say that you need to stop it; It's highly immature and rude. And this coming from a Sophomore, it's sad.
JoJo

Waterloo, IL

#13 Jan 12, 2012
Red Bud High Band is awesome! The grade school band is also awesome! Thank You to the Band Teachers and the dedicated Band Members. Everything does not have to be about sports all the time. It is cool to be in band and chorus!
Sporty

Waterloo, IL

#14 Jan 12, 2012
little maynard wrote:
Go play with your jock strap, JOCKO!
752set

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jan 12, 2012
You RED budNECKS are lame.
Herbert Walker

Waterloo, IL

#16 Jan 13, 2012
My opinion....Our school system's responsibility is to ready our youth for college, trade school, etc. Academics, sports, music, etc. are all skills that can be used to help get our kids into college. Maybe they shouldn't each be treated equally from a funding perspective, but our school board should be looking at ways to fund all of them to the best of their ability. Balance should be the goal. Any by the way, a new softball field makes room for a building expansion which may include more classrooms, band room, gym, etc., so an investment in the field should not be looked at as solely for sports.

Feel free to offer your opinion too.
Sporty

Waterloo, IL

#17 Jan 13, 2012
Herbert Walker wrote:
My opinion....Our school system's responsibility is to ready our youth for college, trade school, etc. Academics, sports, music, etc. are all skills that can be used to help get our kids into college. Maybe they shouldn't each be treated equally from a funding perspective, but our school board should be looking at ways to fund all of them to the best of their ability. Balance should be the goal. Any by the way, a new softball field makes room for a building expansion which may include more classrooms, band room, gym, etc., so an investment in the field should not be looked at as solely for sports.
Feel free to offer your opinion too.
New softball field, building expansion, new gym and all that? That means much higher taxes. Can the average family really afford that? NO! Quality education can come from good teachers and quality textbooks. An excellent education can take place in old classrooms, as long as it is a safe environment. Not everything needs to be pleasing to the eyes. Not an investment, more like taxpayer rape.
CmonRB

Waterloo, IL

#18 Jan 14, 2012
I graduated from RB many moons ago and this town has always had it's 'clicks' and if youre not one of these 'good ole boys' they'll try to run you over and out. Kind of disgusting really. Example, city hall have been fighting like morons for years now and over what?? It's all about POWER and AUTHORITY and has apparently spilled over on the school board now. It reminds me of the Middle East. Theyre teaching their kids to handle things the wrong way and to dislike the opponents families as well. RB you better wake up. You 'good ole boys' and you know who you are, are breeding a generation of 'takers' or 'entitlement' attitudes.
Reality

Waterloo, IL

#19 Jan 14, 2012
You need a reality check CmonRB. It's that way EVERYWHERE.
Jizzy

Waterloo, IL

#20 Jan 14, 2012
CmonRB wrote:
I graduated from RB many moons ago and this town has always had it's 'clicks' and if youre not one of these 'good ole boys' they'll try to run you over and out. Kind of disgusting really. Example, city hall have been fighting like morons for years now and over what?? It's all about POWER and AUTHORITY and has apparently spilled over on the school board now. It reminds me of the Middle East. Theyre teaching their kids to handle things the wrong way and to dislike the opponents families as well. RB you better wake up. You 'good ole boys' and you know who you are, are breeding a generation of 'takers' or 'entitlement' attitudes.
Totally agree. If a person goes to the school board with something to address - if it is a true problem with a teacher or such like - they will laugh right in your face. I know someone who had that experience. I wish a board member or two would read this and realize not everyone likes their unprofessional attitudes. Karma, that's their reality!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug dealers (Jun '15) 5 hr formercustomer 13
Craig Barter 6 hr MaxPayne27 5
affair 14 hr crazy 3
Molly Gibbons Mon Low lifes 2
Anybody screwed Melanie Kiesecoms-Hise? Mon I know nothing 23
Hillary Walker May 22 gottaknow 1
Nikki Reed (Jul '10) May 22 Brad19 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrisburg Mortgages