no respect for pee wee football

Posted in the Harrisburg Forum

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
cat dog

AOL

#1 Aug 22, 2008
i want to start off by saying this : WE ARE THE COTTON BOWL CHAMPION !!!!!! we was suppost to host the pee wee football scrimage saturday aug 23,2008. but cause of rain a certain coach wont let us play on the high school football field. he dont want it tore up before sr. high gets to play on it. thats just not fair at all... we had 6 or 7 school coming here to play. look at all the money we will lose by admission , food consession stand and other stuff that was planned. NOW our pee wee football program will lose thousands of dollars. it will be played at marked tree now where there program gets all that money to buy new equipment. our kids just got ripped off. coach will you donate the lost money from your pay check to the pee wee football program ?? our kids needed that money to buy new stuff. i am very upset over this. our kids grow up in this town and play sr high as well.. i just think that our kids got ripped off big time. you can only host this if your team wins the championship the following year. now we lost thousand of dollars just for the sr high football program. who will donate money for the young kids to get new uniforms and better equipment. THIS WAS JUST BAD NEWS !!!!!!
Harrisburg101

Little Rock, AR

#2 Aug 22, 2008
cat dog wrote:
i want to start off by saying this : WE ARE THE COTTON BOWL CHAMPION !!!!!! we was suppost to host the pee wee football scrimage saturday aug 23,2008. but cause of rain a certain coach wont let us play on the high school football field. he dont want it tore up before sr. high gets to play on it. thats just not fair at all... we had 6 or 7 school coming here to play. look at all the money we will lose by admission , food consession stand and other stuff that was planned. NOW our pee wee football program will lose thousands of dollars. it will be played at marked tree now where there program gets all that money to buy new equipment. our kids just got ripped off. coach will you donate the lost money from your pay check to the pee wee football program ?? our kids needed that money to buy new stuff. i am very upset over this. our kids grow up in this town and play sr high as well.. i just think that our kids got ripped off big time. you can only host this if your team wins the championship the following year. now we lost thousand of dollars just for the sr high football program. who will donate money for the young kids to get new uniforms and better equipment. THIS WAS JUST BAD NEWS !!!!!!
O Please! Thousands of dollars!? So what if he would have let us played and the field did get messed up? Would you have paid to have it fixed! Because it would the pee-wee's responsibility. Like you said, we would not have had the money. So that would have left who to pay for it! Since you are complaining, I guess you...
A PARENT

AOL

#3 Aug 22, 2008
Harrisburg101 wrote:
<quoted text>
O Please! Thousands of dollars!? So what if he would have let us played and the field did get messed up? Would you have paid to have it fixed! Because it would the pee-wee's responsibility. Like you said, we would not have had the money. So that would have left who to pay for it! Since you are complaining, I guess you...
well the pee wee football players have just as much rights to the football field as the jr high or sr high players they go to school here too and it is our tax dollars that are paying for the the school and the field and our pee wee football players are just important to the school as much as the jr high and sr high players are and we won the cotton bowl champions last year and we should get to play on the field and the kids all go to school here and we are called hornets too

Since: Jul 08

Little Rock, AR

#4 Aug 22, 2008
Harrisburg101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Newport had reported that they had made 10,000 when they hosted the jamboree last year. Trumann had stated that they made around 7,000 when they hosted. So yes, the correct term is thousands.

Also, don't forget the economic impact of having 20 plus teams with all of their parents, grandparents, and siblings.
Sassymomma

United States

#5 Aug 22, 2008
I have to agree, we are losing money over this decision and the team is suffering over it. Now, look at all the money that Marked Tree is making for the Baseball Team that could be getting new uniforms for our players. The coaches could of postponed this until next weekend due to weather and everything would be ok, now our team is not getting the much needed equipment and uniforms to represent our school, this is wrong and what are we to do
pissed off pw hornet fan

Little Rock, AR

#6 Aug 22, 2008
Lets all make sure that we say thanks to Keith Davis it was his final say so. He is just worried about himself. It is sad how the other schools supports the pee wee teams but not Harrisburg. Why can't Marked Tree split the profit? I hope no one supports Davis. It looks like he would want this for the Hornets to help with better stronger team in the future. I my self will not buy nothing from Marked Tree.
A PARENT

AOL

#7 Aug 23, 2008
a bunch of parents didn't buy anything from the consession stand or anything else from marked tree so i hope they lost money like we had to because of not getting to play on our home field that is everyones not just jr or sr highs field it belong to the school not the jr and sr high coach
lmao

Little Rock, AR

#8 Aug 23, 2008
It's not Marked tree's fault

Little Rock, AR

#9 Aug 23, 2008
lmao wrote:
It's not Marked tree's fault
Marked Tree took full avantadge of Harrisburg. Did you know that the event was taken away from Harrisburg?
shorty

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2008
Taken away?
PROUD MOM

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2008
Way to Go Pee Wee Hornet's you boys blew the other teams away today. I am so proud of you boy's! Now as far as what happend to us haveing to have the games at Marked Tree today is just a shame, yes our boy's lost thousands of dollars to go towards new uniforms and equipment, but you know what we played in those jersey's with holes in them last year and won the whole thing and we can do it again this year! No it is not fair to our boy's that worked so hard last year to win that championship! But this is how I look at it, this is a GREAT GROUP OF BOY'S we have alooooot of talent on the pee wee teams and they are going to be known all the way thru their SR. High year as the team to try and beat. I truly belive they will always be tough on the field. I would also like to Thank Coach Brook and Coach Glen for everything you do for these boy's all the time and effort you put into them shows! So keep up the good work PEE WEE HORNET'S YOU RULE!!!

Little Rock, AR

#12 Aug 24, 2008
shorty wrote:
Taken away?
The information that I received was that the league president told the coaches that it had to be the 23rd or cancelled. Our coaches wanted to put it off until Labor day weekend. Then allegedly, the president informed our coaches that it would be at Marked Tree. Our coaches were also informed that we could receive none of the profit from concessions or the gate.

Let me make it very clear. Marked Tree knew that we had the personnel to staff the event, and had already purchased concession items.
snail gizzard

Blytheville, AR

#15 Aug 24, 2008
Nobody mentioned that the league president head coaches the marked tree team.
Glen

Blytheville, AR

#16 Aug 24, 2008
Coach Davis has always been very cooperative with our youth football program. He and I inspected the football field after the rain. He said that with all 11 teams playing on the field, the grass would be torn up badly. I was also told by others that the field shouldn't be used. It was Coach Davis's decision to make and I respect his decision. It wasn't Coach Davis's fault it rained, and it wasn't his fault we had to play in Marked Tree. That decision was soley made by the President of the youth football league, who gave us NO CHOICE in the matter. He said we play in Marked Tree or not at all.
mt mcnutt

Blytheville, AR

#17 Aug 24, 2008
r u friggin kiddin me? its so true that ya'll will cry about anything! no pee wee is not the same as jr or sr high! stupid!
I confess, all us here at mt did a lil rain dance, and convinced the pres a.k.a. head coach to move it there for spite!
cant wait to see our boys new uniforms and equipment. dang i bet they are gonna look good!
poor things, you really are the lil engine that could huh! what with ur raggedy ol uniforms and such! underdogs so to speak! gimme a break! kids sports would be so much less dramatic if the parents would stop acting like BABIES! lmao
inside out

Barnesville, OH

#18 Aug 25, 2008
i first would like to say congra's to the harrisburg pee wee football for being the cotton bowl champs, that is a real honor and those little guys should be very proud of themselves for such an accomplishment, as should everyone else in harrisburg..with that said, i must say it is very sad they werent allowed to play on their future field, which happens to be part of their school, i just hope this has not made them feel that they arent important, because they are..adults are supposed to help these little people know they are and feel important..one can only hope a lesson has been learned by the adults in charge and that the little guys can still feel good about themselves
cat dog

AOL

#19 Aug 25, 2008
well i want to say this : last year we kicked azz with old uniforms and out dated equipment . we can do it again and oh by the way saturday our boys kicked azz on the field . as far as parents getting in the way.. my kids are and have been taught - with hard work and strong will you can achieve anything. our boys did that last year by win of the cotton bowl. its just now they will have to work even harder to get a chance to host it again. pee wee needed that money. as far as davis and the field . marked tree got the same amount of rain and there field didnt mess up. it looked the same way when we left as it did when we arrived.
What the hell ever

Little Rock, AR

#20 Aug 25, 2008
Okay i think what people aren't look at is. Harrisburg gets NO support from the school, city or any other programs. Everything we get we have to raise the money for. You don't see us all in a school bus going to the games. Well our boys worked hard and won the cotton bowl which was our 5th grade boys this year they should have got the right to have the games on their field. Well thanks to Davis that didn't happen and this is those boys last year playing pee wee football. Now to Marked Tree yes they meant to be helping but they screwed us in a big way. They gave us NO money from anything. It was brought to their board about spliting the concessions but Brad Daniels said "Hell No". So Marked Tree got the money from the gate and concession. Ok the problem I have with that is Harrisburg was going to get all the money but in return we was only going to get 2 home games. Well now we get no money and only 2 home games. I think MT should give us their home games or the money from Saturday. And Brad Daniels should be seen for what he really is, he is the one that is always cause problems with youth sports. I hope and pray that MT will do the right thing which I'm sure they will not because they never have.

I also would like to say that I hope that Coach Davis moves to Marked Tree so we can get a better coach here before my son gets to the team. If he was to move to Marked Tree I'm sure him, Brad Daniels and the League President Brian Parrish will all be best friends assholes usally stick together

GO HORNETS having another winning year.
oh really

Osceola, AR

#21 Aug 25, 2008
As far as your school not helping ur football program, and ya'll not taking the bus, guess ur school sux! You need to bring it to their attention and stop letting them get away with it! YOU gotta take a stand for ur kids!! It is wrong, but you cant get anything done about it by coming on here and griping! u gotta INSIST that changes are made!!

Little Rock, AR

#22 Aug 25, 2008
oh really wrote:
As far as your school not helping ur football program, and ya'll not taking the bus, guess ur school sux! You need to bring it to their attention and stop letting them get away with it! YOU gotta take a stand for ur kids!! It is wrong, but you cant get anything done about it by coming on here and griping! u gotta INSIST that changes are made!!
A lot of schools don't support pee wee football.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha 1 hr beast 26
Bull goes to court yet another time Monday 1 hr beast 40
young women sleeping with OLD men!!?? Thu D hill 36
Heavener Thu Faith 1
Why I hate Whire Trash people (Feb '09) Thu beast 48
you dont understand Thu the beast 63
I dont know why Thu the beast 6
More from around the web

Harrisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE