Double Murder/Suicide Probe in Harrisburg Family Deaths

There are 13 comments on the Aug 24, 2011, MSNBC story titled Double Murder/Suicide Probe in Harrisburg Family Deaths. In it, MSNBC reports that:

A source close to the investigation tells KARK 4 News that the deaths are being investigated as a double murder/suicide. It started Tuesday at 9:00 p.m., when a deputy saw smoke coming from the Leatherwood home off Highway 163 in Harrisburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Paragould, AR

#62 Aug 31, 2011
[QUOTE who="Truth."]The mother killed the sob first because she didn't want him to have to go to jail, then she thought with her son gone that she was gunna die because she had cancer so she killed the husband caught the house on fire and killed herself.[/QUOTE]

I misread that. Let me say this...Who in their right mind would call Kyle Leatherwood and SOB? Are you crazy??? You obviously didn't know him.

Little Rock, AR

#63 Sep 1, 2011
I think the "sob" was a typo and was meant to read as "son". Since the B & N on the keyboard are right next to each other. I feel many are misreading a typo.

But I will ask again, is this a triple murder or murder/suicide ?

As a member of the public and a resident of Harrisburg I have the right to know if my own family is in danger. The bodies were released for the funeral which means the crime lab has found a cause of death. If the family or friends, or hell even the police are aware.. they owe it to the public to put the residents at ease.
Raoul Duke

Blytheville, AR

#64 Sep 1, 2011
Guest wrote:
I think the "sob" was a typo and was meant to read as "son". Since the B & N on the keyboard are right next to each other. I feel many are misreading a typo.

As a member of the public and a resident of Harrisburg I have the right to know if my own family is in danger. The bodies were released for the funeral which means the crime lab has found a cause of death. If the family or friends, or hell even the police are aware.. they owe it to the public to put the residents at ease.
You don't have a right to know or you would know.

You may want to think about moving if you are so scared, or at least go to a credible news site to get your info. They've posted the exact details you keep asking about a week ago, genius.
WTF

Little Rock, AR

#65 Sep 1, 2011
They haven't posted anything yet. And no, they don't keep the bodies until the investigation is over either. They keep samples of stomach contents, liver, heart, lungs, everything, take photographs then they check and recheck and then check again. Ctalog and organize everything they can to make a good, accurate determination. It could take 6 months or more. Arkansas' crime lab is backed up, always is.

A murderer on the loose doesn't make sense. Kill the son, with his gun I believe and then drive across town and kill the parents, set the "thingy" on fire and not steal anything? No alarms were on in the house or the business. As much as I hate to admit it, I think it was a Murder/Suicide.
Harrisburg Resident

Anaheim, CA

#66 Sep 1, 2011
Raoul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a right to know or you would know.
You may want to think about moving if you are so scared, or at least go to a credible news site to get your info. They've posted the exact details you keep asking about a week ago, genius.
Excuse me, I don't see any genius's on here, only people who think they know it all. How could the news post details before the crime lab did their work. The family hasn't been told any details yet, and I do know that for a fact because I am family. Maybe soon, but even then, knowing the truth still isn't going to bring Greg, Patricia, or Kyle back. If they were all murdered by someone else, I do hope that person or persons are caught. Other than that, as the preacher at the funeral said, What Now?. They are still dead and I can't see them again until I join them in Heaven.

Since: Jul 09

Paragould, AR

#67 Sep 1, 2011
Guest wrote:
I sure hope so because if you knew Kyle, you knew he WAS NOT an sob.
LOL

Trumann, AR

#68 Sep 1, 2011
Raoul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a dang. This topic isn't about either one of you and nobody cares who wins your p!ssing contest.
Children!
Why don't you mind your own business,you nasty talking SOB and I didn't make a typo,either.
Raoul Duke

Blytheville, AR

#69 Sep 2, 2011
Harrisburg Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, I don't see any genius's on here, only people who think they know it all. How could the news post details before the crime lab did their work. The family hasn't been told any details yet, and I do know that for a fact because I am family. Maybe soon, but even then, knowing the truth still isn't going to bring Greg, Patricia, or Kyle back. If they were all murdered by someone else, I do hope that person or persons are caught. Other than that, as the preacher at the funeral said, What Now?. They are still dead and I can't see them again until I join them in Heaven.
There's a newsflash. No geniuses on topix. I realize that includes present company.

I am on your side. I am sick of people taking over this thread about the Leatherwoods and trying to make it about themselves and their petty, boring arguments.

I'm not sure how you could take what I said wrongly. I was at the funeral. It was/is horrible. Greg was a great man, as was Kyle.
Raoul Duke

Blytheville, AR

#70 Sep 2, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you mind your own business,you nasty talking SOB and I didn't make a typo,either.
Mind my own business on topix? How do you pull that off?

You do realize calling someone who is anonymous a bad word doesn't really carry much weight and doesn't have the effect you hope it does. Are you new or something?
Harrisburg Residen

Anaheim, CA

#71 Sep 2, 2011
Raoul Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a newsflash. No geniuses on topix. I realize that includes present company.
I am on your side. I am sick of people taking over this thread about the Leatherwoods and trying to make it about themselves and their petty, boring arguments.
I'm not sure how you could take what I said wrongly. I was at the funeral. It was/is horrible. Greg was a great man, as was Kyle.
Apolgy accepted. The funeral was amazing as were Greg, Kyle, and Patricia's life. I will never accept the rumors flying about Patricia. She was at most 100 pounds. Greg pushed 300 and Kyle was probably over 200. To think someone who had never shot a gun to our knowledge could shoot 2 people she loved without remorse, then set the house on fire, and then shoot herself. I mean, come on people, this is crazy. The 2 questions at the funeral were "why" and "now what". Well said. There will never be closure for the famly.
neighbor

United States

#72 Sep 2, 2011
however it turns out, it was very sad to read their obituaries in the newspaper the other day, placed one below the other. As I read of each one's too-short life story, I couldn't help but think of their families who have been left with such pain. God Bless You.
Karma Bites

Jonesboro, AR

#73 Sep 6, 2011
Harrisburg Residen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apolgy accepted. The funeral was amazing as were Greg, Kyle, and Patricia's life. I will never accept the rumors flying about Patricia. She was at most 100 pounds. Greg pushed 300 and Kyle was probably over 200. To think someone who had never shot a gun to our knowledge could shoot 2 people she loved without remorse, then set the house on fire, and then shoot herself. I mean, come on people, this is crazy. The 2 questions at the funeral were "why" and "now what". Well said. There will never be closure for the famly.
I know from my on loss, you need the answers to these questions. May the family find the answers that make this all make sense. Its been thirteen years and I still ask "why" and "what did I know see" Gods peace for the ones left to try and live the rest of their life asking questions with no answers.
Baptized by Brother Greg

Jonesboro, AR

#74 Jan 7, 2014
I look back on this a cry yes it could have been murder sucide or they could have been killed from someone else but we will never know just accept the past and move on remember the good times... I love you Mrs. Trica and Brother Greg (: kisses and hugs to Heaven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kellye Jo Faulkner. Amen? 19 min Stop wondering 2
tim denton 35 min Rude 49
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 hr Guest 30,820
Bull James Tucker 8 hr Sounds like India... 11
lattimore 10 hr pookie 17
Download the Se7en Dyce FREE mobile App 11 hr UBANK RECORDS 1
jennifer stevens 14 hr looker 27
More from around the web

Harrisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE