Harriman Mayoral Race
repoman

United States

#61 Apr 12, 2011
Didn't say his dad did but his dad wanted to
Leader

Oak Ridge, TN

#62 Apr 12, 2011
Isn't the mayor suppose to be a leader? Why would anyone want to put a person in charge of the city who was under internal investigation for using the cities money to purchase a tool box for his personal truck? Wayne Best was on the front page of the Roane County News for this. He was given the option to resign or get fired. You are also saying he runs a successful business? What business? I don't thing the pest control is successful. He also had his personal house and other property in the city limits foreclosed on. He also screwed the city out of several years of taxes on those properties. He has cheated on his past wife and his current wife. What kind of leader is that? The mayor is a leadership position of power. Do you really want someone in that position who is looking out for their own best interests? Wayne Best is on a power trip! He talks a good game! Talk is cheap! The mayor needs to be an honest law abiding citizen!
butterboy

Seymour, TN

#63 Apr 13, 2011
I hear that Mason and Hurley have something going on!! Heck he even paid her speeding ticket for her!
Leader wrote:
Isn't the mayor suppose to be a leader? Why would anyone want to put a person in charge of the city who was under internal investigation for using the cities money to purchase a tool box for his personal truck? Wayne Best was on the front page of the Roane County News for this. He was given the option to resign or get fired. You are also saying he runs a successful business? What business? I don't thing the pest control is successful. He also had his personal house and other property in the city limits foreclosed on. He also screwed the city out of several years of taxes on those properties. He has cheated on his past wife and his current wife. What kind of leader is that? The mayor is a leadership position of power. Do you really want someone in that position who is looking out for their own best interests? Wayne Best is on a power trip! He talks a good game! Talk is cheap! The mayor needs to be an honest law abiding citizen!
Vote Getter

United States

#64 Apr 13, 2011
Chris Mason was also in that internal investigation lets not forget that.
While on city council he had contracts with the city of Harriman with his cell phone business.
Which he did not terminate until the were deemed illegal, did he give any of the profits back to the city?
Hurley was dating a friend of Masons' Mr Ahler, Chris lives in one of the Ahlers homes in west hills.
Gary Baker owner/princess theatre recieved the winning electrical bid on the movie house thus securing TVA money for a private company who is also a big supporter of Mason. Heck they can be seen frequntly jogging up and down roane st together.
Tax Collector

United States

#65 Apr 13, 2011
repoman wrote:
Didn't say his dad did but his dad wanted to
Wanted to what that heck does that mean, He also offered to buy the Cumberland St park at one time also from the city that dont make them a crimnal?
City of Harriman wanted/wants to buy the old papermill site and yes at one time a member of the fire dept. was under investigation for burning down the buildings as well as setting fire to the Temperance Building.
Jennifer Best

United States

#66 Apr 13, 2011
Leader wrote:
I would appreciate it if you did not bring my mother & my father's past marriage into this. You have no clue why my parents divorced, nor should you care. She is happily remarried and doesn't even live in Harriman. You have no business bringing something that is past 5 years old into a public conversation. Did you ever take the time out and think, "is THIS any of my business?" ... I didn't think you did. Why are you even thinking about my parents? Weirdo.
As for his current marriage; again, you know nothing at all. Why are you taking the time to even THINK about someone else marriage... are you even married yourself? If so, maybe you should take the time and focus on that? If not,(which wouldn't surprise me considering you have all this time to talk about someone else's marriage) I would log off of topix & go to a singles bar... It couldn't hurt ya.
If only you had the audacity to put your real name on here... That's right- you are too ashamed of all these accusations you place upon people not even knowing if they are true or false. Or is it that we might look up YOUR city records and find so many things that you are guilty of. But nope, instead you want to post "rumors" or simply things you made up in your head to down people. Do you feel better?
One last thing, why don't you take this much "valuable" time you have to stop bashing people. Obviously you are not voting for my father, so would you vote for the other candidate? If so, why don't you take your time & support him instead of critizing and making up things? It's an idea.
I agree with you on one thing... talk IS cheap... but your talk is completely WORTHLESS.
AAKyleAA

Fort Campbell, TN

#67 Apr 13, 2011
U GO JENNIFER!!! Those people are trash!!! I am proud that u would stand up to them!! Doesnt Wayne and Tami have a baby boy? Well I am pretty sure he is only about one. People need to grow up! You and ur sister cristina dont play no games do u! You dad ought to be proud to call u his kids!!
Jennifer Best

United States

#68 Apr 13, 2011
Thank you AAkyleAA... Yes, he has a beautiful baby boy & grandson.. Yes we LOVE our family VERY much!:)

Since: Jul 10

Elizabethtown, KY

#69 Apr 13, 2011
Leader wrote:
Get your facts straight Wayne Best didn't resign or be fired over the tool box, which records were found by the city clerk at the time that showed that Wayne Best had paid for the tool box and it was a billing mistake. He resigned because he was tired of being harassed by the current mayor, who had his puppet chief of police to try and find something to fire Wayne over but he couldn't other than some firemen complaining that Wayne made them do their jobs. Think bout it in all these public officials embezzling from cities they are taking thousands and thousands not $199 for a tool box. Wayne is no dummy.
Leader is disgruntle

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#70 Apr 13, 2011
So Leader you get on here and bash a Man, I think you either work for the Fire Department or have worked there. If you look at the city charter the one position you cannot fire from is the Fire Department. The personal stuff needs to stay personal... I see that the man in question has three local bussiness's that have stayed opened during a recession so I would say he is doing something right.
Quite bashing and lets get positive this city needs change and we need it before its to late. The Princess Theater will not save Harriman nor will Midtown what will save it is someone who is willing to work for the intrest of all and not just some. I dont agree with Best on somethings and I dont agree with the current Mayor on things but what I do agree is that the current Mayor has not changed the quality of life in Harriman like he promised within the 4 years he said.
I looked at his website and Best's website and I just think we need a diffrent approach in Harriman and not one that is based of the princess foundation and certain peoples influence within the city. I say Let's be positive and vote someone diffrent. As for City Council I say all new as well!
city hall land deal

Nashville, TN

#71 Apr 13, 2011
okie dokie lets bring up the $300+ City Hall building which was owned by the same dude who owned the land behind the Mason's new home. Is there truth to this? Or is this a bad rumor? So the story goes is that the man owning the building where thats ctiy hall sits today had some land there behind the mason's new home. It werent for sell until the city bought the new city hall building then the land was for sell and owners was the same. probably just is a bad story but i wonder if thhere is truths to this.
Dam Gina

United States

#72 Apr 13, 2011
If it were not for an Ash Spill at the TVA steam plant we would not even have a theatre so what has Mason done for the last 4 years?
National Examiner

United States

#73 Apr 13, 2011
Is Drack Waynes Bro in law or not ?
Dam cc

Oak Ridge, TN

#74 Apr 13, 2011
Looks like your information is not correct. Only reason he couldn't be proscuted is because the statue of limitations ran out.

This is a public report from:

Sincerely,
Dennis F. Dycus, CPA, CFE, Director
Division of Municipal Audit
City of Harriman
INVESTIGATIVE AUDIT OF SELECTED RECORDS
OF THE CITY OF HARRIMAN
LEGAL ISSUE
1. ISSUE: Apparent misappropriation of toolbox by fire chief
Our audit revealed that a model 943000 toolbox purchased by the city was apparently
misappropriated by Fire Chief Wayne Best for his personal use. No model 943000
toolbox could be located at either of the department’s two fire halls or attached to any fire
equipment. However, auditors located and photographed a model 943000 toolbox
attached to the back of the chief’s personal truck.(Refer to Exhibits 1 and 2.) At least two
individuals stated that they had observed the toolbox on the back of the chief’s personal
truck repeatedly since the date of its purchase. Chief Best claimed that he purchased it
using his own money. However, he was unable or unwilling to provide any
documentation of its purchase and, when asked, failed to disclose the whereabouts of the
toolbox purchased using city credit and paid for with city funds.
Per the vendor invoice, Chief Best purchased a model 943000 toolbox for $199.99, on
city credit, from AutoZone on August 27, 2003. The fire chief apparently failed to
submit the invoice to the city clerk for processing, although the city clerk indicated that
Chief Best ordinarily submitted invoices for payment, as required by city policy. As a
result of the chief’s apparent withholding of the invoice, the city’s credit was temporarily
suspended at AutoZone. Subsequently, the city clerk received a faxed copy of the invoice
from AutoZone and paid the invoice on April 29, 2004.
When initially questioned about the model 943000 toolbox, Chief Best indicated that it
was located at firehouse 2. Although an auditor observed a toolbox at that location,
subsequent investigation revealed that it had been donated to the department by
AutoZone and apparently was subsequently sold. The purchaser stated that he paid the
chief between $75 to $100 cash for the donated toolbox. However, auditors could not
locate any record of this money being deposited into city accounts.
While this matter has been referred to the local district attorney general, our office is
aware that the statute of limitations may prohibit any criminal prosecution. We
recommend that the city seek legal counsel regarding possible civil recovery of
misappropriated funds or any possible disciplinary action that may be contemplated.
butterboy

Seymour, TN

#76 Apr 14, 2011
Yes
National Examiner wrote:
Is Drack Waynes Bro in law or not ?
Leader

Oak Ridge, TN

#77 Apr 14, 2011
Jennifer Best wrote:
<quoted text>
I would appreciate it if you did not bring my mother & my father's past marriage into this. You have no clue why my parents divorced, nor should you care. She is happily remarried and doesn't even live in Harriman. You have no business bringing something that is past 5 years old into a public conversation. Did you ever take the time out and think, "is THIS any of my business?" ... I didn't think you did. Why are you even thinking about my parents? Weirdo.
As for his current marriage; again, you know nothing at all. Why are you taking the time to even THINK about someone else marriage... are you even married yourself? If so, maybe you should take the time and focus on that? If not,(which wouldn't surprise me considering you have all this time to talk about someone else's marriage) I would log off of topix & go to a singles bar... It couldn't hurt ya.
If only you had the audacity to put your real name on here... That's right- you are too ashamed of all these accusations you place upon people not even knowing if they are true or false. Or is it that we might look up YOUR city records and find so many things that you are guilty of. But nope, instead you want to post "rumors" or simply things you made up in your head to down people. Do you feel better?
One last thing, why don't you take this much "valuable" time you have to stop bashing people. Obviously you are not voting for my father, so would you vote for the other candidate? If so, why don't you take your time & support him instead of critizing and making up things? It's an idea.
I agree with you on one thing... talk IS cheap... but your talk is completely WORTHLESS.
Your mom is a really sweet and good lady. Everything I have said is true. I am sorry it is your dad, but if he is going to run for a public position....he should be doing the right things in life. I am sorry you and your sister have to find out the truth about him on here. Nothing I have stated is a rumor or a lie in any way. It is all the truth and the truth does hurt sometimes. A person's personal life tells about their true character. I am sorry young lady...but he his character is lacking!
Leader

Oak Ridge, TN

#78 Apr 14, 2011
butterboy wrote:
Yes
<quoted text>
Drack is a good man and should not be held accountable for his brother in law's actions. Just because Drack is married to his sister does not mean he condones what Wayne does.
Leader

Oak Ridge, TN

#79 Apr 14, 2011
Leader is disgruntle wrote:
So Leader you get on here and bash a Man, I think you either work for the Fire Department or have worked there. If you look at the city charter the one position you cannot fire from is the Fire Department. The personal stuff needs to stay personal... I see that the man in question has three local bussiness's that have stayed opened during a recession so I would say he is doing something right.
Quite bashing and lets get positive this city needs change and we need it before its to late. The Princess Theater will not save Harriman nor will Midtown what will save it is someone who is willing to work for the intrest of all and not just some. I dont agree with Best on somethings and I dont agree with the current Mayor on things but what I do agree is that the current Mayor has not changed the quality of life in Harriman like he promised within the 4 years he said.
I looked at his website and Best's website and I just think we need a diffrent approach in Harriman and not one that is based of the princess foundation and certain peoples influence within the city. I say Let's be positive and vote someone diffrent. As for City Council I say all new as well!
I don't care who wins the race as long as it isn't Wayne Best. He is out for his own interest. He stated when he ran for city council he was not running for the money. It either paid $75 or $125 at the time. He said he was there because people do things for you to get stuff done for them. It was a give and take thing.
I don't think the pest control is a profitable business. Maybe the suntan business is successful.

Since: Mar 11

Fort Campbell, TN

#80 Apr 14, 2011
Leader.....I hate to break the news to you but I am 24 years old. I know what type of person my dad is. I dont have to be on here to learn anything. He is a wonderful father and a wonderful man. He will be a great mayor because he cares so much for the citizens of Harriman. He is a wonderful grandfather to my little boy also. Its people like you who run their mouth when they dont even know what they are talking about. Again, like my sister said Im guessing ur not married. You need to keep in mind he has a two year old little boy and what kind of person starts crap like that. I know my dad and obviously you dont!! So please keep what you "think" to yourself when its talking about his personal life. Him and his wife are happy if its any of your business!!!!
You were only right about one thing....YES MY MOM IS A SWEET AND GOOD LADY!
Jennifer Best

Taylors, SC

#81 Apr 14, 2011
Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom is a really sweet and good lady. Everything I have said is true. I am sorry it is your dad, but if he is going to run for a public position....he should be doing the right things in life. I am sorry you and your sister have to find out the truth about him on here. Nothing I have stated is a rumor or a lie in any way. It is all the truth and the truth does hurt sometimes. A person's personal life tells about their true character. I am sorry young lady...but he his character is lacking!
Do you think Im stupid? I am 21 years old... Thats the thing... Im only 21 but im a heck of a lot classier than you. You are just a down-right mean person! You should be ashamed of yourself for talking about a family's personal life. Who would you think knows my family the best? A person who bashes people on a website without even telling their name... Or their own daughter who has went through all our struggles & acheivements with them? A person's personal life DOES tell their true character; therefore, thats obviously why you havent told your name on here. His character is amazing! Who hasnt made mistakes? My dad will be the first person to admit that... But he has made up more than enough for them. You dont know my family, so you wouldnt know that! He is a brillant father & person and it absolutely breaks my heart that some people can be so mean!

Me and my sister; whom you have NO business to bring up on here, know EVERYTHiNG that goes on with our family. Hence, its OUR family. I hope you feel better about yourself posting this stuff & you can be truly satisfied when you look at yourself in the mirrorin the morning. Ill pray for you, honestly. I feel so sorry for you & whoever deald with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony frogg (Aug '14) 10 hr Farnerash 4
Bonnie kelly 15 hr Old friend 1
Tanya Webster Thu Rockwood 7
Troy Parks (Apr '10) Thu justme 2
Tabatha Tate (Jul '15) Thu cornocopia60 24
Rockwood PD and Randy Heidle Thu Robert 10
Jumbo chesser Thu cornocopia60 8

Harriman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance