Harriman utility board
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
had enough

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 20, 2011
Is anyone else really upset with the high utility bills and lack of managment at the Harriman Utility Board? These bills are out of control and HUB doesn't care.They will turn off power to anyone.Even the elderly who are struggling are treated disrespectfully by the workers at HUB. I think something needs to be done.
Advice

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 21, 2011
Why don't the people of Harriman do like the City they were talking about on the news? They shut their Utility Board down & let the city counsel go directly through TVA to pay their utility bills. Just a thought, I am sick of HUB to.
Sick of it

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Mar 21, 2011
I think the workers are just a little to big for there pants.I've heard some of them make statments like."they pay me too much to retire" And drive by the parking lot you see BMW and $50000 trucks.Life is GOOD at the HUB.They got better paying jobs and benafits than the Railroad.
Sick of it

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Mar 21, 2011
Warming Hearts my A--.
jealous

Deer Lodge, TN

#5 Mar 21, 2011
omg people get a life if you are so jealous that someone else has a better job than you then Go find yourself a better job. The workers at HUB, most of them, have worked their butts off to get those jobs and they deserve what they have worked hard for. Dont blame the economy on the Utility companies. Grow Up
Sick of it

Robbins, TN

#6 Mar 21, 2011
LoL...I work for a utility..and I work just as hard as those guys.called out all hours of the night in the, rain,snow and cold.I bet theyd jump out there for half the pay and benefits like all the other utilitys do
Blake Rice Kirkland

Brevard, NC

#7 Mar 21, 2011
I agree that HUB need cut down to size. The vehicles they drive are not needed why do they need the over priced trucks when the street dept guys work harder for less pay and they get this shitty trucks. I ask why should a tree cutter for HUB make more than a street dept tree cutter? I am running for city council and I will ask these question and its time that the street dept gets a raise. I would also like to auction off the HUB trucksand put them in normal work trucks and not the deluxe models.
Advice

Knoxville, TN

#8 Mar 21, 2011
jealous wrote:
omg people get a life if you are so jealous that someone else has a better job than you then Go find yourself a better job. The workers at HUB, most of them, have worked their butts off to get those jobs and they deserve what they have worked hard for. Dont blame the economy on the Utility companies. Grow Up
I don't care what kind of vehicles, houses or money they make. I am just sick of paying outrageous utility bills. It is sad when your utility bill is higher than your house payment! I am happy when I see people succeed but HUB needs to lower their bills. It is pathetic how they do people.
Blake Rice Kirkland

Charlotte, NC

#9 Mar 21, 2011
I agree but there will have to be cuts in Hub's. Budget if the rates are to be lower or allow competion to come in. My neighbor is in his 90's lives alone and his bill is over$ 400 a month. If Harriman wants to attract any factories rates will have to come way down.
Monopoly Illeagal

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2011
HUB has a monopoly on Harrriman utilities... we need to get price quotes from TVA and REU to see who will give us a good deal and then maybe Harrriman will lower their rates and realize we are not going to pay these rates! Harrriman pays the highest utilities in the COUNTY! We have to stand up against these thieves!
Facts

Winchester, TN

#11 Mar 26, 2011
As far as the rates go...REU rates are higher than HUB. I live in Rockwood and called both utilities and discovered that our rates are higher. My bill was really high last month. 500 bucks for electric alone.
REVERSE

Paducah, KY

#12 Mar 26, 2011
next winter i will have a wood stove to help cut my electric bill.IF IT'S OVER PRICED CUT BACK..
Dam Gina

United States

#13 Mar 26, 2011
You know its bad when peoples Utility Bills are higher than their mortgage thats a terrible situation.
When companies and businesses choose a city to locate they check the demograhphics and income to expense is not good when the citizens have no disposable income a business will fail if all you have are window shoppers!!!!
enough

United States

#14 Mar 26, 2011
I agree hub is out of control but the only thing we can do as a community is get together and find a way to stop them . We need to stand up and be heard . Let's put our heads together and figure it out , let's set a meeting place and get everyone involved . You know when they (hub) reads this they laugh and think they're is nothing we can do .... So lets show them Pass the word !
Dam Gina

United States

#15 Mar 26, 2011
Have a well drilled in your yard switch to wood heat and you will save hundreds per month .
Pathetic

United States

#16 Mar 26, 2011
That is ridiculous.. People should not have to drill wells in their yard because the rates are too high for the citizens to pay.. HUB needs to be stopped
You Want

United States

#17 Mar 26, 2011
them to give you something for FREE. If they dont lower the rates then you can do something about it, a cistern , a well or hell even an out house
not much longer

United States

#18 Mar 27, 2011
there's more we can do and it's going to be starting soon, the wheels will be in motion . So sit back and enjoy your jokes but if I worked for hub I'd start paying attention because we all know what GREED gets us , nobody can argue that . There's no need in negative comments or getting frustrated lets act like adults and this will be taken care of . You all have a good day . God Bless
Facts

Winchester, TN

#19 Mar 27, 2011
Wow..I guess nobody cared to call there utility company to check there prices....REU prices are higher than HUB. If you want to get outraged...call TVA. We are paying for the Emory Ash Spill..that money isn't free.
skynyrd

United States

#20 Mar 27, 2011
Well God Bless you 2 a$$.
But some guys already retired from their making more in retirement than workersand peeps bills are higher than theys mortgages what you tell a potential comapany or business or family that wants to move here well your utilities are higher than your mortgage or rent sorry we got a monopoly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Retha Hardie 4 hr itshumpday 3
meckael inman 10 hr Naw 21
Law chasen kids 14 hr Sam 2
Terry Hendrickson??? 18 hr Anonymous 1
Blonde in Silver Jeep Wed itshumpday 4
Edna Webb??? Tue Uno 2
leola steelman (Jan '16) Tue Milk 25

Harriman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance