River Front Park
avid walker

Harriman, TN

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Does anyone know of there are plans to pave the walking trail around River Front? I get really tired of getting little rocks down in my shoes as I am walking. Paving it would make it a perfect track! I really enjoy the scenery while walking. I don't like Roane Co Park because of all the duck/geese poop on the trail.
Snarky

Wartburg, TN

#2 Sep 13, 2012
1st world problems.

OW! I gotts a pebble in my shoe!!

OH NO! Duck poop!
girly girl

Boiling Springs, SC

#3 Sep 13, 2012
avid walker wrote:
Does anyone know of there are plans to pave the walking trail around River Front? I get really tired of getting little rocks down in my shoes as I am walking. Paving it would make it a perfect track! I really enjoy the scenery while walking. I don't like Roane Co Park because of all the duck/geese poop on the trail.
Im sure that if u donated the funds for such a project, the city would be glad to do that for you! If you want to avoid rocks and poop, try walking around a few blocks in downtown Harriman. Im sure you can find some interesting scenery there too.
avid walker

Harriman, TN

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Snarky wrote:
1st world problems.

OW! I gotts a pebble in my shoe!!

OH NO! Duck poop!
jackass! It was a valid question. Not a world problem. Get a life
avid walker

Harriman, TN

#5 Sep 13, 2012
girly girl wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure that if u donated the funds for such a project, the city would be glad to do that for you! If you want to avoid rocks and poop, try walking around a few blocks in downtown Harriman. Im sure you can find some interesting scenery there too.
Have you seen downtown Harriman? When the hospital moves to Midtown they might as well roll the highway up because there is nothing there but a bunch of ugly old dilapidated buildings! And personally, I don't like walking downtown anywhere. It's to noisy.
girly girl

Nashville, TN

#6 Sep 14, 2012
Wont it be quieter with nothing there? I prefer the park too. Just get some high top sneakers
connie

Bluefield, WV

#7 Sep 22, 2012
I used to like to walk downtown Harriman with Greg Johnson before I moved. We would always have romantic walks and talks. But I hear now it is so unsafe to walk down there. can anyone update some pictures of what it looks like now?
LMAO

United States

#8 Sep 26, 2012
connie wrote:
I used to like to walk downtown Harriman with Greg Johnson before I moved. We would always have romantic walks and talks. But I hear now it is so unsafe to walk down there. can anyone update some pictures of what it looks like now?
unsafe ??? Heck there is no crime in Harriman ... Just ask the Police Cheif Haha ..
Hahaha

Corbin, KY

#9 Sep 27, 2012
Thats too funny

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Downtown is a disgrace. My spouse and I happened to be in the area during the "hurah for Harriman" festival. Spouse was born and raised in Harriman.

It looked horrible. Busted out windows that had beer cans and bottles in the display area (not from the festival mind you) trash everywhere, the smell of mold reeking from most of the boarded up and empty store fronts.

Temperance building was just a free for all. Nobody welcoming or greeting people or anyone that gave any history behind the building. basically what looked like misfit guys that got to wear a baseball hat and special shirt. sadly even the same with the Princess. Nobody actually in control. Not a "donation box" to help the cause outside that most people feel guilty about not giving something after walking through.

NOTHING going outside. sure there was a big wrestling area, but it wasn't going on. No high school band, no batton twirlers...just some food vendors and there were even double of that.

There was not ONE thing that would make me think (or spouse that was born and raised there) that it might be a good place to look at for a retirement area.

It was just dirty and tacky. Too bad...so much potential that is just gone.
oohrah

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Ill agree harriman ain't what it use to be its falling apart faster every year horray for harriman this yr was a jk
joker

Harriman, TN

#12 Oct 21, 2012
When the hospital leaves in February Harriman might as well roll up the streets!
hogpen

United States

#13 Oct 21, 2012
downtown harriman done been full of dope every since the early 1970's i quit going there over 40 yaers ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Singles looking for couples!? (Dec '15) 1 hr Subshine 13
heather butler 5 hr joe 2
Jesse holt 5 hr Snitching B-tches 11
Let's Clean House 7 hr Pete 1
Nancy Bullard Thomson is a snake in the grass a... Mon ABC123 10
Anyone know rod simpson? Sun Curious 1
Harriman Cracker Barrel Sun Yup 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harriman Mortgages