Report Roane County Corruption
Lost

Fort Campbell, TN

#21 Apr 7, 2012
Can someone explain how this conspiracy against Ralph O'Neal is supposed to work exactly? I've read the ramblings but can't make any sense of it at all. I know who Ralph is and that he profited for years on the misery and addictions of other people. I also knew Daniel Hampton who did the same. It was no secret who the biggest drug dealers were in Roane County and only a fool would believe that what they did didn't ruin many, many families and lives. Many residents were convinced of corruption by local law enforcement or at least the Sheriff's department under the Haggard administration because these two men in particular and several others at a lower level or those connected with O'Neal and Hampton were seemingly allowed to continue to sell their poison with almost no obvious fear of being caught or even disrupted by the Sheriff's department. Then in 2006 Jack Stockton was elected sheriff and within his first 4 years both men were in federal prison. O'Neal for life and Hampton for 25 plus another 15 years in state prison after he gets out of federal prison. And there was plenty of evidence of their guilt without anyone needing to be framed. If anything I think that supports the corruption theory of the previous sheriff. Austin is gone, Haggard is gone and while drugs aren't completely gone from Roane County they never will be. I believe the quality of life here has improved under Sheriff Stockton and with Austin off the bench.
Exposing the lies

Astoria, NY

#22 Apr 7, 2012
Lost wrote:
Can someone explain how this conspiracy against Ralph O'Neal is supposed to work exactly? I've read the ramblings but can't make any sense of it at all. I know who Ralph is and that he profited for years on the misery and addictions of other people. I also knew Daniel Hampton who did the same. It was no secret who the biggest drug dealers were in Roane County and only a fool would believe that what they did didn't ruin many, many families and lives. Many residents were convinced of corruption by local law enforcement or at least the Sheriff's department under the Haggard administration because these two men in particular and several others at a lower level or those connected with O'Neal and Hampton were seemingly allowed to continue to sell their poison with almost no obvious fear of being caught or even disrupted by the Sheriff's department. Then in 2006 Jack Stockton was elected sheriff and within his first 4 years both men were in federal prison. O'Neal for life and Hampton for 25 plus another 15 years in state prison after he gets out of federal prison. And there was plenty of evidence of their guilt without anyone needing to be framed. If anything I think that supports the corruption theory of the previous sheriff. Austin is gone, Haggard is gone and while drugs aren't completely gone from Roane County they never will be. I believe the quality of life here has improved under Sheriff Stockton and with Austin off the bench.
There is no comparison between O'Neal and Hampton- Hampton deserved the death penalty but was pressured into accepting a plea because LE definately didn't want him taking them down too if they tried him and pushed for the maximum. I can't really blame you for your perception of the O'Neal case since you are only aware of "public" information, but trust me...the case stinks with corruption, beyond your wildest dreams. Even Stockton thinks so...
Have to ask yourself if you think LE should have the power to frame YOU on whatever charges they want because you may have committed some lesser offense in your lifetime- because that's what is going on in RC- and not only are they framing people for that reason, but also to cover their own corruption and complicity in illegal activities. Its pretty disgustiong.
Lost

Fort Campbell, TN

#23 Apr 7, 2012
Okay but how? Explain the corruption. Who is being framed for what? How are they being framed? Who benefits from the framing? What is the difference between Hampton and O'Neal? you said yourself that Stockton is aware of the corruption but how? And if he's aware but not part of it then why hasn't he exposed it? It was his office and his men who were in the lead in those cases, right? So he lead the way in getting Hampton and O'Neal convicted yet by doing so exposed corruption that he isn't a part of? Okay then explain the situation? There doesn't seem to be any logic to what is being supposedly exposed.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#24 Apr 7, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what makes me special .. or so says my mom :)
<quoted text>
Accepted. And duly apologize myself.
<quoted text>
Specifically, no. I am well familiar with the correctional system and how it pertains to inmates, however, through the Tennessee Department of Corrections. I may, or may not, be able to answer 'some' questions. What I can, I will.
As it relates to inmates in general, on a state level, I'm more trained than the general "jailer" staff at any facility. Of course, with a bachelors degree, I'm more qualified than most in this area regardless. This is not to say that I'm better than anyone or more experienced, but I offer a different perspective because of my education alone compared the the general education levels in the area.
<quoted text>
Respectfully, they are mother and daughter, as it has been identified through their own posts.
<quoted text>
Again, it was simply because I was attacked on baseless notions. It all originated from a false accusation and perused from there.
<quoted text>
Understood. I'm a realist. While I don't care for them "exposing" corrupt cops, I'm adamant about showing "proof." If you got proof of a corrupt cop, then please, prove it. Otherwise, accusations doesn't do any one any good.
I'm recalling something about you talking in regards to a cop doing the "dirty" in their car and having tapes, etc., please, by all means post it. Otherwise, talking about it does no good for anyone.
There are plenty of ways to keep anonymous, without me having to say it. There are plenty of Google references to do such. There is no conspiracy in me trying to get you to post something so the corrupt can "track you down."
<quoted text>
I make more money than a cop. It's actually kind of sad in comparison for the work that I do. It's easier to do my job versus the liability that cops have. Yes, I do have a degree.
<quoted text>
I don't have any personal insight on the homicides because I've never been in the "loop" on such things here in RC. I do, however, believe that it is important to think outside the box on some of this stuff in regards to certain things. I do know that, in my education alone, people tend to think there is a "cover-up" simply because they get that mindset. I'm not saying that is the case in these, but it is really important to understand all aspects. Unless you are an expert in every field regarding it, it is hard to make an informed opinion. Including me.
Skipster,

Do you have any knowledge on the rules of criminal procedure?

“Law Doggy”

Since: Sep 11

New York, NY

#25 Apr 7, 2012
Report em wrote:
<quoted text>
Skipster,
Do you have any knowledge on the rules of criminal procedure?
Yes, to a limited extent. By that, I mean that I'm not a criminal attorney.

Location hidden

#26 Apr 8, 2012
Lost wrote:
You don't appear to be "lost" to me. I don't know to whom you're addressing your fake questions and comments about ramblings, but if they were toward me since I started this thread... then the only thing I have to say to you is "get lost". I don't talk to "fakes".

And right now I want to talk to Skipster about the topic of "this thread". Go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of the links I provided, etc. and you will find some information about corruption. Read some of that, then you might find answers to your questions about corruption. Once you understand how easy it is for corruption to exist, you will understand more about the O'Neal case. You might also want to look at some Roane County history in recent years.

The last Chancelor, Mark Patton, would be a good resource. What RC did to him is similar to what is happening to other LE who stand up against corruption. There are good cops and officials who do stand up against corruption, but they are then turned on often with false accusations, charges, and firings in order to discredit them.

I have provided several links on this thread that should help you understand how entire state governments can be corrupt. That is what the recent Associated Press 5 month study was on. "Statewide Corruption". Tennessee got a D- in the "judicially accountability" category. Maybe this is part of what Mark Patton was so angry about.

Until you are willing to study and understand the concept of corruption, then looking at a specific case and demanding answers that you couldn't understand anyway if they were given to you, is a waste of time.

Happy reading and studying. None of the material I provided on the links in this thread would be considered ramblings by anyone interested in learning more about corruption. An interesting word you used to describe something you claim to want to understand more. You don't seem to be too sincere in your questions. If you really believe something to be "just ramblings", than why not just "move on"? You appear to be a fake poster with an agenda.

For now I am more interested in getting some info from Skipster.

Location hidden

#27 Apr 8, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to a limited extent. By that, I mean that I'm not a criminal attorney.
Hey Skipster, do you know how I might be able to contact Mark Patton, the last Chancelor of Roane County?

Also, do you know anything about U.S. Attorneys or Assistant Attorneys taking oath of office, and whether or not they need to do that before handing down indictments. Please advise.
Lost

Fort Campbell, TN

#28 Apr 8, 2012
Seems like easy questions to answer if you actually have answers. But as I suspected you only want people to believe you and not ask any questions. As I've read on here in many of your "ramblings" you only want to spout your conclusions without allowing anyone else to study what brought you to those conclusions. My guess is since you won't, or as I suspect, can't answer the simplest of questions about your conclusions there is likely no evidence to support them. Why do you feel the need to attack anyone who questions you? If you actually wanted to expose corruption it seems like you'd want to convince as many people as possible rather than running them off. You are the one with the obvious agenda. Perhaps when you learn how to enlighten people to your point-of-view rather than demanding absolute obedience to your own conclusions without the willingness to open those same conclusions to scrutiny then you'll have better luck with your agenda.
Lost

Fort Campbell, TN

#29 Apr 8, 2012
And Mark Patton was a constable and not a chancellor. If this is an example of your thoroughness then I'm beginning to understand how you e reached your conclusions.

Location hidden

#30 Apr 9, 2012
Lost wrote:
And Mark Patton was a constable and not a chancellor. If this is an example of your thoroughness then I'm beginning to understand how you e reached your conclusions.
Yes, your are right! Anyone who types one word incorrectly5 is totally ignorant and can't get anything correct. That is my reality!. I hope you really believe that, because if you do..., we should not hear another word out of you.

Now, I am going to get back to my conversation with Skipster. Hey, Skipster, where are you man? I have a question for you. Do you know Mark Patton, and why he was ousted as the Constable. Is he still around town?

Now I am soliciting your response Skipster. Where are you?

Location hidden

#31 Apr 9, 2012
Lost wrote:
Seems like easy questions to answer if you actually have answers. But as I suspected you only want people to believe you and not ask any questions. As I've read on here in many of your "ramblings" you only want to spout your conclusions without allowing anyone else to study what brought you to those conclusions. My guess is since you won't, or as I suspect, can't answer the simplest of questions about your conclusions there is likely no evidence to support them. Why do you feel the need to attack anyone who questions you? If you actually wanted to expose corruption it seems like you'd want to convince as many people as possible rather than running them off. You are the one with the obvious agenda. Perhaps when you learn how to enlighten people to your point-of-view rather than demanding absolute obedience to your own conclusions without the willingness to open those same conclusions to scrutiny then you'll have better luck with your agenda.
LOL. Why in the hell would you want to "study my conclusions" about corruption? I'm an idiot, remember.

Wouldn't you find more credibility and useful information in the links I provided about corruption? Seems your not interesed in that info either. So why are you on here? Please, don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question.... just wanted to make my point.

“Law Doggy”

Since: Sep 11

New York, NY

#32 Apr 9, 2012
Report em wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skipster, do you know how I might be able to contact Mark Patton, the last Chancelor of Roane County?
Also, do you know anything about U.S. Attorneys or Assistant Attorneys taking oath of office, and whether or not they need to do that before handing down indictments. Please advise.
Sorry, I'm in training all this week, so I haven't had much time to respond.

For your initial question, I do not know Mr. Patton at all. I'm not familiar with the vast majority of those in the judicial system in Roane County, former or now.

For your second question, I know you have put "U.S. Attorneys or Assistant Attorneys," but are you talking about actual state district attorneys or actual U.S. Attorneys?

U.S. Attorneys are appointed by the President of the United States and approved through the U.S. Senate. In this case, they must be sworn in prior to accepting their duty role.

Usually, U.S. Attorneys file an initial complaint to a Grand Jury, and they are the ones who issue indictments (if there is enough belief to do so).
Lost

Fort Campbell, TN

#33 Apr 9, 2012
Ok "Report em" I can read the links to actual news stories about corruption which offer evidence to support their conclusions all you want. No one is saying corruption doesn't exist. I'm simply asking how your reading some anonymous postings on here have lead you to your conclusion that you've uncovered widespread corruption in the specific Roane County cases you've been posting about. I'm asking how you've reached your conclusions. Why can't you explain your position and describe what brought you to your conclusions. The reports you seem to tout so highly on here support your simple theory that corruption exists. I'm asking how the mere existence of corruption is supposed to translate over to your claims that these cases in Roane County are corrupt. Does that make it clearer for you? Simply posting your opinion or conclusion doesn't allow the rest of us to reach the same conclusion. If you want to enlighten people you have to allow them to see the evidence and allow them to make their own decisions about the topic. Much like a jury looks at the evidence presented in court. Then they apply it to the situation at hand and determine if the evidence supports the conclusion offered by the parties involved.

The fact that you're now seemingly soliciting answers to support your theory from not only anonymous posters but specifically to one you've spent countless threads insulting suggests your ability to formulate an opinion based on true knowledge is suspect at best. It appears you've made up your mind and only want to accept information that you think supports your position. If you truly want to know how an assistant United States attorney comes to be why not go to the department of justice website. Or call the local us attorney's office. Those seem like far more credible sources than Skipster. No offense to Skipster. I'm sure he'd agree as well.
Exposing the lies

Astoria, NY

#34 Apr 9, 2012
Lost wrote:
It's very interesting that there was not any mention of Ralph O'Neal on this forum when you posted this. Where did this come from- out of left field? Since you think everyone has to PROVE the contents of their coversation to you, please POST HARD EVIDENCE that Ralph O'Neal is a "major drug trafficker"- because I've seen the indicment and that file doew not contain a shread of evidence supporting the claim that O'Neal is a "major drug trafficker". Have you read the 2008 indicment against Ralph O'Neal? Did you know the Assitant U.S Attorney who brought down the superceeding indicment against Ralph O'Neal in 2008 wasn't even authorized to bring down the indicment? He did not even take the oath of his office necessary to conduct such legal work in the Eastern District of Tennessee until 2009. I have seen the paperwork from Washington D.C, have you? If you want "proof" of that, just write the Department of Justice's Office of Professional Responsibilty and obtain a copy. Balls in your court big mouth. This forum was never about the O'Neal case- your comment shows what your agenda is and what is on your mind. Besides that, if some poster wants info from another poster, it is of no concern to you.
Lost

Fort Campbell, TN

#35 Apr 9, 2012
So if the us attorney wasn't authorized then why did the supervisors allow him to proceed? Don't you think someone would've spoken up and said something? And what is the motivation behind "improperly", as you suggest, indicting O'Neal? Why wouldn't someone at the US Attorneys office who was authorized do it? Or maybe he very much WAS authorized to indict people as a fully authorized and appointed US attorney. That makes far more sense. And if he wasn't why didn't the judge or any of O'Neal's attorneys being that issue up?

And if you read the numerous threads on here of which yourself and "Report em" participate it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what cases this thread was referencing. I guess I could've picked one of the 20 other threads you all have started that simply regurgitates your same opinion while offering no evidence to support it or allow for others to reach the same conclusion but this thread was at the top of the forum list at the time. I'm sure you'd have been much more accommodating to my simple questions had I placed them in the thread you deemed appropriate?

As for my proof that O'Neal is a major drug trafficker I'll rely on the opinion of the 12 jurors who sat through his trial and weighed all of the evidence against him and convicted him on all 11 counts of the indictment against him. Seems like they were probably in a better position ro decide such a thing since they had more than a mere indictment to go on. And just FYI an indictment is merely a charging instrument and not evidence. Maybe your lack of knowledge of the criminal justice system and criminal procedure explains how you've come to your conclusions. At minimum if you're going to spout off that people are corrupt and try to discredit them you owe to yourself to have at least a cursory knowledge of the topic you're discussing.

If one poster wanting information from another poster is no concern of mine then why is my requesting information from "Report em" such a concern of yours? Do you know what the term hypocrite means? Or is that another concept that you don't understand either?
Exposing the lies

Astoria, NY

#36 Apr 9, 2012
While the link below is not specific to Tennessee, it is a tremedously informative, eye opening tool to help citizens understand what is happening behind the scenes in today's judicial system. This kind of judicial corruption is running rampant in RC as well. Hopefully, those who take whatever the courts, judges and PO's say at face value will stop attacking those of us calling out the abuses of power within this system.

http://judgesgonerogue.org/

Example of violation of due process in TN

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/apr...

http://tennessee.watchdog.org/2009/12/23/spec...

In the story below, Prosecutors acknowledge that the judge "had a drug problem" but "was sober on the bench"....wow, really?
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9044820
Exposing the lies

Astoria, NY

#37 Apr 9, 2012
Lost wrote:
So if the us attorney wasn't authorized then why did the supervisors allow him to proceed? Don't you think someone would've spoken up and said something? And what is the motivation behind "improperly", as you suggest, indicting O'Neal? Why wouldn't someone at the US Attorneys office who was authorized do it? Or maybe he very much WAS authorized to indict people as a fully authorized and appointed US attorney. That makes far more sense. And if he wasn't why didn't the judge or any of O'Neal's attorneys being that issue up?
And if you read the numerous threads on here of which yourself and "Report em" participate it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what cases this thread was referencing. I guess I could've picked one of the 20 other threads you all have started that simply regurgitates your same opinion while offering no evidence to support it or allow for others to reach the same conclusion but this thread was at the top of the forum list at the time. I'm sure you'd have been much more accommodating to my simple questions had I placed them in the thread you deemed appropriate?
As for my proof that O'Neal is a major drug trafficker I'll rely on the opinion of the 12 jurors who sat through his trial and weighed all of the evidence against him and convicted him on all 11 counts of the indictment against him. Seems like they were probably in a better position ro decide such a thing since they had more than a mere indictment to go on. And just FYI an indictment is merely a charging instrument and not evidence. Maybe your lack of knowledge of the criminal justice system and criminal procedure explains how you've come to your conclusions. At minimum if you're going to spout off that people are corrupt and try to discredit them you owe to yourself to have at least a cursory knowledge of the topic you're discussing.
If one poster wanting information from another poster is no concern of mine then why is my requesting information from "Report em" such a concern of yours? Do you know what the term hypocrite means? Or is that another concept that you don't understand either?
Your the genius, why don't you get off you lazy ass and gather the evidence to discredit me? I'm not going to sit here and pander to your "this doesn't make sense, why this and why that". Seems your the one uninformed. I speak on this issue because I've put in the time to educate myself on this situation. If you wan't to discredit me, I provided you with where you can go to obtain the documents I referenced. Funny, because you chastised "Report Em" for asking "Skipster" about judicial info and here you are doing the same thing. I suggest you take your own advice, put "Google" to work and come back on here when you have answers to those conundrums you seem to be so puzzled by. And while your at it, find out who O'Neal's lawyer is and where he "came from". That might help you out, too!
Lost

Boiling Springs, SC

#38 Apr 9, 2012
Again no one is claiming corruption doesn't exist. But do you not understand that because corruption exists in those cases it doesn't mean the cases you talk about in Roane County are in any way corrupt simply because corruption exists. The corruption exposed in those cases was done so with actual evidence. That seems to be the concept you can't grasp in this case. I'm simply asking for clarification on how you've reached your opinion. Why is that so hard for you to explain? You only hurt your case by your argumentative with anyone who questions your conclusions. That's the sign of a person who can't defend their position. If you attack anyone who questions you it doesn't take long to catch on that there isn't any merit to your position.
Exposing the lies

Astoria, NY

#39 Apr 9, 2012
Lost wrote:
Thanks for "schooling" me on the ins and outs of an "indicment". But to obtain and "indicment" you are supposed to have sufficient evidence- and if your simply basing your assumption of his guilt on the fact that he was convicted, that itself shows the sheer abundance of your stupidity since thousands upon thosands of convicted felons have been proven innocent and released from prison. Are you going to remain silent and let people think your dumb or keep talking and remove all doubt?
Lost

Boiling Springs, SC

#40 Apr 9, 2012
So once again you make the accusation without offering any evidence to support it but demand that I discredit your opinion? Wow. I'm even more lost now. But you know you can't support your position with any evidence and that is more and more obvious with every post you make. I'm guessing what you have is the opinion of O'Neal's friends and family. Hardly an objective pool to which to pull your evidence from. All I'm asking is you back-up your opinion. You toss out extremely serious accusations against people haphazardly without the ability or at a minimum the willingness to back them up. That's incredibly irresponsible and shameful. I simply asked for you to support your claims. I don't understand why that's so difficult. Other than you can't because there is nothing with which you can support them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud mouth 1 hr petty 38
Zach B 6 hr poor guy 34
Project chicks 8 hr Aprilebel 29
Lindsay Pressley and Richard Paul Pressley 9 hr Prior experience 3
Priscilla Redmon 20 hr co worker 2
Odd man Aug 18 idk 2
Julian Goins Aug 18 itstrue 1

Harriman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance