Closing Arguments Over In Rocky Houst...

Closing Arguments Over In Rocky Houston Trial, Jury Gets Case

There are 12 comments on the www.volunteertv.com story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Closing Arguments Over In Rocky Houston Trial, Jury Gets Case. In it, www.volunteertv.com reports that:

Closing arguments are complete and jurors deliberated for a short time before being sent home for the day Wednesday afternoon in the Rocky Houston double murder trial.

Rocky Houston, along with his brother Leon Houston, is charged with the shoot-out deaths of Roane County Deputy Bill Jones and his ride-along friend Mike Brown in 2006. The Houston brothers are being tried separately.

Leon stood trial earlier this year, but the case ended in a hung jury. A retrial for Leon is set for early 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.volunteertv.com.

Debbie

AOL

#2 Jan 12, 2009
Hello.....anyone from the Knoxville Tennessee area or any other area really...that is familiar with the Rocky Houston/Leon Houston murder trials?? I heard the news about Leon had a mistrial, set to be tried in March now.....but this damn CourTv has been playing out scenes from the Rocky Houston trial, which is now over, but they aren't giving out the verdict....could someone be so kind and tell me what the verdict was in that case?? I would appreciate it very much...Thanks! I may not get back to this forum, and so I'm going to leave me personal e-mail, anyone is free to write with any info. Well, all I really care to know is the outcome. I don't have a lot of time to sit and watch the tube, know what I mean??~LoL~ Thanks again.
My e-mail: [email protected]
SKK

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jan 13, 2009
hung
motorcycle

Brentwood, TN

#4 Jan 15, 2009
he & his bro are innacent
meta

Southport, NC

#5 Jan 15, 2009
I, too would like to hear the outcome! It sounds pretty shaky to me. Regardless of the background of the two defendants, this officer didn't act in a professional manner and I have big questions,myself in thier real intent when they went to that house.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2009
meta wrote:
I, too would like to hear the outcome!
Rocky was acquitted of the murder of Mike Brown.
The jury was hung on all other charges, including the murder of Jones.
JJC

Southgate, MI

#7 Jan 17, 2009
rocky innocent? hardly. granted, the cop went there to hassle them most likely... however, rocky decided to kill both men...the evidence is there.
should have been:
rocky: 2nd degree murder on both victims.
leon: agg assault or attempt. 2nd degree

Since: Jun 07

United States

#8 Jan 18, 2009
JJC wrote:
rocky innocent? hardly. granted, the cop went there to hassle them most likely... however, rocky decided to kill both men...the evidence is there.
should have been:
rocky: 2nd degree murder on both victims.
leon: agg assault or attempt. 2nd degree
You say "the evidence is there"?
What did you see that the jurors missed?
MEE

Oneida, TN

#9 Nov 8, 2009
The jury is running scared......
what a joke

Crossville, TN

#10 Nov 12, 2009
MEE wrote:
The jury is running scared......
yeah the jury was not sequestered which means they went home every night, plus id say they were houston supporters. hope they dont have propblems with the houstons if they do dont call the sherriff, they got away with murderthey are cowards, shoot two men that way. for you idiots who say jones or brown werent in the right for whatever reason, well some day when your not in the right , does that give some one the go ahead to pump you full of bullets. only thing jones did wrong was go there by his self
Too Bad

Oneida, TN

#11 Nov 13, 2009
what a joke wrote:
<quoted text> yeah the jury was not sequestered which means they went home every night, plus id say they were houston supporters. hope they dont have propblems with the houstons if they do dont call the sherriff, they got away with murderthey are cowards, shoot two men that way. for you idiots who say jones or brown werent in the right for whatever reason, well some day when your not in the right , does that give some one the go ahead to pump you full of bullets. only thing jones did wrong was go there by his self
Sounds like smart a$$ cop bit off more than he could chew...BOO HOO

Since: Nov 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Nov 17, 2009
it sounds to me like the cop had his buddy with him and was going to do a little showing off with the check out my little badge and my big bad gun.he had no reason to go there no warrant nothing.these people did not deserve to die by any means but it should be a lesson for other cops to not be so cocky just because you wear a badge and carry a gun does not make you God.all officers should remember the oath that they take.i do hope both brothers are found not guilty.they are not model citizens but then again they didn't go looking for trouble.trouble came to them.
mhmm

United States

#13 Nov 25, 2009
one innocent man has been set free, to those of you who say the evidence matches up all I would say to you is your a complete and total idiot.
The Evidence shows that both Bill Jones and Mike Brown had no right to be on Houston Property, they had no warrant they where there to harass the brothers, the evidence also if you look closely enough shows shells behind the cruiser which would mean for the slower of you roane countians that they pulled in firing. Get your evidence in line before you run your mouth.
Have A wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley lively is nothing but a scam artist 10 hr Not easily fooled 4
Mossey grove scrap metal/Drugs one stop shop 11 hr everyone knows 7
Shelby Worley 11 hr Mr Z 1
Alex Wampler? Manwhore? (Mar '14) 23 hr Gdaddy373 6
Sara Waldo Wed Hollie 5
Collyn Scarbrough Wed ttr67 1
Cutie working at the midtown Rocky top Apr 25 chase1981 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harriman Mortgages