St. Clair Shores Embarks on Water Met...

St. Clair Shores Embarks on Water Meter Replacement Program

There are 55 comments on the Patch.com story from Dec 13, 2012, titled St. Clair Shores Embarks on Water Meter Replacement Program. In it, Patch.com reports that:

St. Clair Shores has started program to replace water meters throughout the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sam

Fraser, MI

#1 Dec 13, 2012
Yes the DPW needs extra spending cash for Christmas so they will be scrapping all of the metal. Even households with perfectly running meters are being made to get the new meters!
Ursula

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2012
The money is not going to DPD, it's going to SCS. I don't want a stupid hockey puck meter as an alternative. They replaced ours only a few years ago and we're keeping it.

Plus, the city charged when they installed the last meter, so no one is obligated to turn it over to the city for salvage either. Keep it and turn it in yourself or use it as a lawn decoration. Whatever.
Sam wrote:
Yes the DPW needs extra spending cash for Christmas so they will be scrapping all of the metal. Even households with perfectly running meters are being made to get the new meters!
WWKT1

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#4 Dec 13, 2012
The city can obtain a warrant to enter the property and change the meter with a court officer or appointed person usually a police officer. The homeowner before the warrant is executed (They give 3 notices) can ask for a check on the operation of the meter. That in no way will stop the city from changing the meter and taking their meter back to be tested.
All the trouble the city has to go through will be put on to the water rates.

Remember the only thing that can be opt out is the reader itself the meter will get changed.
Ursula

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2012
I'm going to get executed for not letting them change my meter?? What, are you with the city?
WWKT1 wrote:
The city can obtain a warrant to enter the property and change the meter with a court officer or appointed person usually a police officer. The homeowner before the warrant is executed (They give 3 notices) can ask for a check on the operation of the meter. That in no way will stop the city from changing the meter and taking their meter back to be tested.
All the trouble the city has to go through will be put on to the water rates.
Remember the only thing that can be opt out is the reader itself the meter will get changed.
WWKT1

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Ursula wrote:
I'm going to get executed for not letting them change my meter?? What, are you with the city?
<quoted text>
Warrant executed. You may want to be executed but you will have to go to a different state or just cross the wrong dealer.
Ursula

United States

#7 Dec 13, 2012
No thanks. And thanks for clarifying that.
WWKT1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Warrant executed. You may want to be executed but you will have to go to a different state or just cross the wrong dealer.
Sam

Fraser, MI

#8 Dec 13, 2012
With all the blight, rats, foreclosed homes in the city they are fixating on changing out water meters a lot of them are not that old. My street everything was changed out in 2002 and they work fine. You - The gestapo- are threatening to turn off my water no wonder city mgrs are (and I really am sorry that he did this) injuring themselves. Saint Clair Shores is not a city that anyone wants to live in or should consider if they are looking to move! You do not want to reside here!
WWKT1

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#9 Dec 13, 2012
If you put your house up for sale the CC gustopo will come and inspect it and broadcast any faults to the world at a CC meeting.

Then will they change your meter for the new people?
glacier

Roseville, MI

#11 Dec 20, 2012
Sam wrote:
With all the blight, rats, foreclosed homes in the city they are fixating on changing out water meters a lot of them are not that old. My street everything was changed out in 2002 and they work fine. You - The gestapo- are threatening to turn off my water no wonder city mgrs are (and I really am sorry that he did this) injuring themselves. Saint Clair Shores is not a city that anyone wants to live in or should consider if they are looking to move! You do not want to reside here!
This is no place to raise kids. I wish the council person that was hand picked but not voted in by the people would just stop. We are not impressed. Why didn't we put the three point two million into the police department instead of the water meters? It would have been allot better investment. Those are the men and woman that protect us. You just don't know what the city is going to do next.

Judged:

15

11

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#12 Dec 20, 2012
glacier wrote:
<quoted text>
This is no place to raise kids. I wish the council person that was hand picked but not voted in by the people would just stop. We are not impressed. Why didn't we put the three point two million into the police department instead of the water meters? It would have been allot better investment. Those are the men and woman that protect us. You just don't know what the city is going to do next.
We have petty little people that get elected and think they rule over their own little fiefdom..and city employees that think that the residents are there to serve that the city's pleasure.....with chrissy and ronnie leading the pack

Judged:

21

15

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eldigy

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#13 Feb 23, 2013
The 3rd notice that was left at my house said "To avoid water shut-off, make your appointment."

Can they really shut off your water?

I really don't want my meter replaced. I've heard the new meters run faster (higher bill, of course) and also cause health issue, such as headaches...

http://lamesa.patch.com/blog_posts/living-nig...
Drip Drip

Grosse Pointe, MI

#14 Feb 23, 2013
I had mine replaced and the city told me I couldn't take it to have it tested at a private company. They said it was too valuable and that they owned it. They also said it wouldn't matter if a test result showed that I was overpaying. You pay for whatever the meter says you used. The woman told me before I hung up that if I thought my bill was high before I should be sitting down when I read my 1st bill after the change. She said EVERY old meter reads slow and my bill would probably be 25-40% more. So everybody get out the lube.... youre gonna need it.
EXES EX

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#15 Feb 23, 2013
the old councilguy Rubella always told me that he would never vote for them cuz it was a slam dunk the bills would be way higher.So did Chris when he was in straw
Bridge over troubledwater

Howell, MI

#16 Feb 23, 2013
Eldigy wrote:
The 3rd notice that was left at my house said "To avoid water shut-off, make your appointment."
Can they really shut off your water?
I really don't want my meter replaced. I've heard the new meters run faster (higher bill, of course) and also cause health issue, such as headaches...
http://lamesa.patch.com/blog_posts/living-nig...
I was watching the rerun of the last council meeting and during audience participation a resident got up to the podium and was concerned about getting a new meter because he heard that the new ones run faster and that he already believed his current meter was running too fast as it is. Then another resident ripped the mayor and council about him receiving a shutoff notice because he hadn't made an appointment to have his meter changed. Sure looked and sounded like the resident caught the city with their pants down. Watch the rerun.
Terrible Adm

Grand Blanc, MI

#17 Feb 24, 2013
We are looking for people in SCS to act together and get a class-action lawsuit together against the city of SCS regarding the Water Meters and the charges they are implying to residents this is not fair and absurd. Its time to act, I will be posting again with a number to contact and a meeting place. The sooner the better because SCS don't do very well in court decisions, maybe we can save the residents money...
Drip Drip

Grosse Pointe, MI

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Terrible Adm wrote:
We are looking for people in SCS to act together and get a class-action lawsuit together against the city of SCS regarding the Water Meters and the charges they are implying to residents this is not fair and absurd. Its time to act, I will be posting again with a number to contact and a meeting place. The sooner the better because SCS don't do very well in court decisions, maybe we can save the residents money...
I'm in
Eldigy

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#19 Feb 24, 2013
I'm in as well. Thank you for acting.
north end

Roseville, MI

#20 Feb 25, 2013
lots in the north end Thank you
Water Department

Roseville, MI

#21 Feb 25, 2013
Eldigy wrote:
The 3rd notice that was left at my house said "To avoid water shut-off, make your appointment."
Can they really shut off your water?
I really don't want my meter replaced. I've heard the new meters run faster (higher bill, of course) and also cause health issue, such as headaches...
http://lamesa.patch.com/blog_posts/living-nig...
Go out side and find your water shut off or water stop box and grind off the square nut on the top.

When they come out to shut your water off just sit back and LYMFAO because they wont be able to do anything unless they come out with a backhoe.
deu

Roseville, MI

#22 Feb 25, 2013
Water Department wrote:
<quoted text>
Go out side and find your water shut off or water stop box and grind off the square nut on the top.
When they come out to shut your water off just sit back and LYMFAO because they wont be able to do anything unless they come out with a backhoe.
The best thing 2 do is take the cover off and put a tennis ball down the pipe and put the cover back on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harper Woods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school of choice made south lake look like a gh... (Oct '07) 11 hr Taxing situation 472
The Tabernacle Church (Jul '15) 15 hr happymember 31
News These were the last 10 Detroit police officers ... Mon former democrat 1
Problems At The Saint Joan of Arc Fair (Jun '15) Mon Former Detroiter 13
$3,136.55 Water bill after new water meter inst... (Mar '13) Mon mac 61
News Macomb woman faces prison after pleading to DUIa Mon sweet and young 2
blight harassment (Feb '08) Sun Blight Fight 17

Harper Woods Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harper Woods Mortgages