'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 225270 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

countrygirl

Princeton, KY

#94170 Apr 13, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Friday, Apr 12, 2013 04:15 PM EDT
On Gosnell “blackout,” where were conservatives before this week?
While they blame the liberal media for ignoring the story, conservatives have mostly missed it themselves
Piggybacking on Irin Carmon’s excellent piece dismantling the myth that the media has intentionally ignored the case of Kermit Gosnell, the Philadelphia abortion doctor now on trail for allegedly committing horrific crimes against his patients, it’s worth noting that some conservatives attacking the media now didn’t seem particularly interested in the case until a few days ago.
As Dave Weigel points out in his response to Carmon, one reason Gosnell didn’t get more attention was because the judge issued a gag order preventing lawyers from speaking publicly about it, but another may be that pro-life politicians never nationalized Gosnell’s crimes and made them into an issue that would attract more discussion.
A search of the Congressional Record for the 112th Congress (2011-2012) turns up zero mentions for Gosnell, while a search of the current 113th Congress finds three — all from yesterday
“I’m here today to talk about an uncomfortable subject which no one seems to want to talk about,”
Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Scott Perry said on the floor yesterday.“The media doesn’t want to talk about it — not NBC, CBS, ABC, CNBC, not Fox, and not the leaders of our Nation, not the President.”
But where was Perry until Thursday? Or, for that matter, where were the other two lawmakers who spoke out yesterday, Texas Republican Roger Williams and New Jersey’s Chris Smith? Where was Rep. Trent Franks, perhaps the most outspoken Republican on abortion, or Virginia Foxx or even Louie Gohmert, who never misses an opportunity to speak on hot botton social issues?
What about the conservative media? A search of TVEyes finds that Fox News mentioned the case just a handful of times. Special Report With Bret Baier included brief updates on the trail in its roundup of the day’s news on several nights over the past month, while Mike Huckabee aired a taped segment followed by a panel discussion on his weekend show late last month, but it’s hardly been leading news. The “Obama phone” got far more coverage.
A search of the National Review’s website shows it’s written little on Gosnell, while the Weekly Standard has done three pieces (the magazine has run six stories on Justin Bieber). To its credit, Breitbart.com , which decried “a full-blown, coordinated blackout throughout the entire national media” has written plenty about Gosnell. But Twitchy, the Michelle Malkin-backed conservative Twitter-activism site that has been haranguing the media for not covering the case, didn’t offer its first real mention until March 19.
And I couldn’t find anything from Fox contributor Kirsten Powers on Gosnell from before this week. She kicked off this whole conversation with a USA Today Op-Ed.
Regardless of whether the Gosnell case should be getting more attention, it’s difficult to take complaints seriously from people who haven’t used their own public platforms to push a story they think others are now ignoring.
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/12/conservatives...
"one reason Gosnell didn’t get more attention was because the judge issued a gag order"
UNDERSTAND that comment repukes??? Duh!
DITCH MITCH and the party of no/teabaggers!!
In his fifth term now, McConnell has an approval rating in Kentucky of 36 percent. Silent but sullen, most of his own party doesn't really like him. The state's Democrats, who still control the governorship and the lower house, positively despise the man.
Hell yeah!!!! Ditch Mitch ass.!!!
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#94171 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
She works, unlike your lazy check drawing uneducated koolaid sucking lazy lying racist republican ass.
Keep it going countrygirl!!
They more they hate, the more we know we're proving our facts. ;-)
They have a new and improved mascot:

Oh, yeah! Kool-Aid Man gets a makeover

Kraft is looking for a brand update as it pushes a new liquid version of the drink to consumers.

"He's still pudgy, sugary and artificial."

(the perfect repuke mascot, lol)

http://money.msn.com/now/oh-yeah-kool-aid-man...

In his fifth term now, McConnell has an approval rating in Kentucky of 36 percent. Silent but sullen, most of his own party doesn't really like him. The state's Democrats, who still control the governorship and the lower house, positively despise the man.

Uncle Tab

United States

#94172 Apr 13, 2013
Repukes wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right! She still has all her socks she moves in and out of her phones, ipads, pcs etc...Crap is all she knows. Good for a hearty laugh though.
Wonder where our Hot C is tonight. I loved all his repuke quotes and their crying he didn't post a link. Hilarious
Keep up the good comebacks.
No doubt! Calvin gets them ALL worked up.

Smart kid!! Has all the facts and what are their rebuttals??' you should be in bed! It's past your curfew'

LMAO!

Dumb republicans!

Notice how one of the dunces mentioned 30 states have republican governors? I asked how many of those states were welfare states.... She disappeared.

Republicans always disappear when facts show up.
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#94173 Apr 13, 2013
Pay equity for women opposed by entire Texas
Republican congressional delegation

In my last column I suggested there is a convergence of interest between Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Democrats in Congress.

Today I suggest that pay equity for women could influence the political future of America. This includes turning Texas blue, especially because the entire Texas Republican delegation to the U.S. House and Senate, as far as I know, opposes pay equity for women, while Texas Hispanic women are among those treated most unfairly.

This week Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) introduced a discharge petition that would require the House of Representatives to vote on pay equity for women. Three cheers for Rep. Delauro. I urge readers to contact their members of Congress and urge them to sign the discharge petition.

Pay inequity is an outrage committed against women of all demographic groups. What most people do not know is that the hardest-hit of those who suffer pay discrimination may well be Hispanic women.

We can quibble about the exact numbers, but if women generally earn 77 percent of what men make — the most quoted number — Hispanic women earn closer to 60 percent or 62 percent, or even less.

Some Republicans concerned about the Hispanic vote, as they should be, are increasingly taking a more reasonable position on immigration. Next they should take a more reasonable position on pay equity and stop supporting those who discriminate against Hispanic women and so many other women.

This is a nationally powerful issue that could give Democrats enough new seats to take control of the House of Representatives in 2014. Equal pay for women has potential realigning power for swing states and red states with large populations of women and Hispanics, such as Texas, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.

As I have suggested before, the question is when Texas turns blue, not whether.

It is astounding that both Texas Republican senators and the Texas Republican House members are so aggressively against pay equity for women, including Hispanic women. I expect pay equity will be a major issue that helps Texas Democrats running for the Senate, House and Texas state offices in 2014. And it even could tip the balance to help Hillary Clinton carry Texas in 2016.

This is true in many states. House Republicans from all states should be asked to support the pay equity discharge petition. Republicans from suburban, centrist and swing districts could be defeated in close races if they continue to oppose pay equity.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/state-a...

Women and minorities will not forget. Watch them loose their minds as these states turn BLUE. Can't wait.

countrygirl

Princeton, KY

#94174 Apr 13, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how they open your cell and let you out of the asylum same time each night.
So y'all done slopping the pigs and servicing the cowhands already?!!!
And here we thought this was all entertainment for you.
LOL at you ditzy broad!!!!
Farming is
Fun and you learn how to spot angry animals
that need their
balls tacked up off the floor. Money
to be made. will help you with that.
shit, I can stitch them to your belly.
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#94175 Apr 13, 2013
Kentucky group is the PAC that couldn’t shoot straight

“They’re small potatoes, man. They’re just like me,” said James Pence, who runs a Kentucky political blog called Hillbilly Report. But somehow, this year, they became national news.

“It’s amazing,” Pence said Friday,“that these two regular people can stir up this much controversy.”
Their transformation began in December, when Progress Kentucky registered as a “super PAC”— a new kind of political entity allowed to spend without limits and to accept some kinds of cloaked donations.

That gave it the same standing as powerhouses such as Karl Rove’s American Crossroads. It did not have the same cash. So Progress Kentucky went after McConnell on the cheap.
Long 2 page article..

Read more:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentuc...

Any group of people can start a PAC as nutty as Karl Rove, just not the major dollars he and his KOCH funded PACS have can upset a nervous Senator.

PRICELESS

All that money on campaigns, Super PACs galore, GOP run fauxbox propaganda and still can't buy 2 elections on a President they claim no one supports. hahahahaha How embarassing for them, no wonder they reach at straws for a no name, unknown $1000 PAC. hahaha Priceless

Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#94176 Apr 13, 2013
U.S. gun control: A history of tragedy, legislative action

(CBS News) Congress prepares to debate new gun-control measures next week, four months after the massacre of 20 first grade students and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Lobbyists fighting for more restrictive laws and parents of Newtown victims say the tragedy should move legislators to act, just as other instances of gun violence have pushed lawmakers and presidents to act throughout U.S. history.

Presidential historian Doug Brinkley joined "CBS This Morning: Saturday" to contextualize the history of American gun control legislation.

1934: President Franklin Roosevelt signed the National Firearms Act, which heavily taxed sales of gun machines.

"In the 1920s during prohibition, you had all of these people with submachine guns the gangsters started coming around," Brinkley said. FDR came into the Oval Office in 1933 and wanted to "start curbing" these guns by "levying heavy taxes on gun manufacturers to ban guns" -- such as so-called "Tommy" guns -- that could be used for purposes other than hunting.

1968: President Lyndon Johnson signed the Gun Control Act, which oulawed mail-order purchases of shotguns and rifles.

In the wake of a series of assassinations -- of President John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King Jr.-- Brinkley said "people wanted to do something," particularly about mail-order guns. JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald "had ordered his from an NRA American Rifleman magazine."

The push for new gun laws "both in 1934 and 1968 ... was trying to keep the criminals, felons, and mentally insane from having weapons," Brinkley said.

1972: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was created as an enforcement body for the 1968 Gun Control Act

ATF was established as a division of the U.S. Treasury Department as part of what Brinkley calls Treasury's continued effort to "constantly" tax guns, "the idea being [that] a lot of fringe people won't be able to pay for guns if there's a very steep tax."

1993 and 1994: President Clinton signed the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and Assault Weapons Ban, which instituted background checks and banned semi-automatic assault weapons.

The name of the bill was related to the 1981 assassination attempt directed at then-President Ronald Reagan. While no one was killed in the shooting, Reagan's press secretary was wounded and left paralyzed by the attack.

2012-2013: The Obama administration continues to push for more restrictive gun-control laws, emphasizing background checks and a possible ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines, after several mass shootings throughout Mr. Obama's first and second term. In April , Congress is set to begin debate on changes to gun-control legislation.

The gun-related tragedies throughout Mr. Obama's tenure -- including the 2011 Tucson shooting, the 2012 shooting at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, and the December shooting at Sandy Hook -- sparked a divisive national debate on how best to prevent gun violence.

Brinkley said based on Mr. Obama's State of the Union and inaugural addresses and current White House strategy, the president is "not going to let go of Newtown. He's decided that this is something he must accomplish on his watch."

Guns in America
Which laws and events have shaped the nation's relationship to firearms?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-33816_162-5757945...

There's a newsreel for those ignorant repukes that can't read or understand what they are reading. [email protected]..they're coming to get our guns!!!! OH NO..hahahaha

Jay

Springville, TN

#94177 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this to her every day.... If what she says doesn't matter.... Why do you constantly reply??
Guess she does matter.
It just doesn't get any easier.
Neeeeeext?

Really? Well, it seems to me you respond to everybody in a derogatory way, too. You can dish it out but you can't take it, is that right?

Essentially, what she says doesn't matter because it's nothing but foolish kid stuff, like the other tween........notice I said tween......because that's what Obama calls his kids, so I thought it would ok to use it.

Never the less, she is a blatant gutter mouth who likes to dish it out, too, but can't take it when it's handed back to her.

Too bad!!!
countrygirl

Princeton, KY

#94178 Apr 13, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do show my D.L. and I don't mind. I have Citizenship certificate and U.S. Passport...
Yes I do show my D.L. to authorities any time...but not to you goatfart...and here, right, you nuts!
Anywhere you go you have to show your D.L. or your I.D. card, if you don't have it, you must have small piece of paper from an immigration office that you applied for a green card and if you don't have any of that, then you're illegally here. You have to be 5 years legally in U.S., take test in an Immigration office and if you pass, you get your Citizenship certificate ...get it?
What happened if police stop you and you don't have D.L., I.D. card or any other document on you...what then? What do you do with all this ILLEGALS?
Yes, if authorities stop you, you must have some document on you, end of story!
well whatever you say, don't make
it true though. I can't trust you, scared of
you. OK,OK how did that feel? made your
stomache hurt didn't it?? you idiot!!!
Repukes

Campbellsville, KY

#94179 Apr 13, 2013
So you were right Uncle Tab, put some FACTS on here and watch them run. It is past their bedtime or they went to troll and stalk every other thread on topix.

I will be back with some more CURRENT news tomorrow and do my part. Try as they might, they can only spin the truth like fauxbox pundits for so long. Maybe they will learn some new vile slogans and gloom and doom websites to quote. Then you have batshitcrazy A Lunatic with her comments from other thread and google numbers on key words. If they weren't so ignorant I would almost feel sorry for them.

Hope all your repuke lemming tools have gloom and doom nightmares.

My liberal buddies, have a peaceful night and Super Sunday. Thanks for the laughs.:)

Goodnight....and remember:

Jay

Springville, TN

#94180 Apr 13, 2013
countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> crazy as bat shit! Yeh, I
said it.

You don't have to tell us what you are, we already know it!
countrygirl

Princeton, KY

#94181 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt! Calvin gets them ALL worked up.
Smart kid!! Has all the facts and what are their rebuttals??' you should be in bed! It's past your curfew'
LMAO!
Dumb republicans!
Notice how one of the dunces mentioned 30 states have republican governors? I asked how many of those states were welfare states.... She disappeared.
Republicans always disappear when facts show up.
Like magic,and so predictable.
Jay

Springville, TN

#94182 Apr 13, 2013
Repukes wrote:
So you were right Uncle Tab, put some FACTS on here and watch them run. It is past their bedtime or they went to troll and stalk every other thread on topix.
I will be back with some more CURRENT news tomorrow and do my part. Try as they might, they can only spin the truth like fauxbox pundits for so long. Maybe they will learn some new vile slogans and gloom and doom websites to quote. Then you have batshitcrazy A Lunatic with her comments from other thread and google numbers on key words. If they weren't so ignorant I would almost feel sorry for them.
Hope all your repuke lemming tools have gloom and doom nightmares.
My liberal buddies, have a peaceful night and Super Sunday. Thanks for the laughs.:)
Goodnight....and remember:
Yakity, yakity yak. Your poor husband (if you even could get one) probably runs out the door after listening to your motor-mouth.

Or, thank heaven's she finally went to bed.

Peace, not piece - at last!!!!

LMAO.
countrygirl

Princeton, KY

#94183 Apr 13, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yakity, yakity yak. Your poor husband (if you even could get one) probably runs out the door after listening to your motor-mouth.
Or, thank heaven's she finally went to bed.
Peace, not piece - at last!!!!
LMAO.
that shit wasn't funny. Seriously.
OZombies

United States

#94184 Apr 13, 2013
countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> well whatever you say, don't make
it true though. I can't trust you, scared of
you. OK,OK how did that feel? made your
stomache hurt didn't it?? you idiot!!!
"You can't trust me, scared of me...
How did it feel? Made my stomach hurt" ... what the hell are you talking about? Do you know how stupid you sound, really stupid! Can you say something intelligent, at all, ever? Or, you know only how to talk about farm animals?
Jay

Springville, TN

#94185 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
She works, unlike your lazy check drawing uneducated koolaid sucking lazy lying racist republican ass.
Keep it going countrygirl!!
They more they hate, the more we know we're proving our facts. ;-)

Wow! That was a mouthfull!

Speaking of uneducated...

There should be a whole bunch of comma's in your first sentence.

“I'll Build a Wall”

Since: Apr 13

..Just to PROVE I can.....

#94186 Apr 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat super pacs
About 22,200,000 results (0.29 seconds)
https://www.google.com/search...
republican super-pacs outgun obama
About 131,000 results (0.30 seconds)
lil buzzard ...
'chicken' hawk ...
vulture ...
Got it?

No
I AIN't got IT!

Bitch(:))
you pour WORDS out of a word sack
hoping they fall into a discernible order, but hey, they never do
YOU are a FIRST CLASS ass clown, with a pro blow pseudo ninja key pound

“I'll Build a Wall”

#94190 Apr 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat super pacs
About 22,200,000 results (0.29 seconds)
republican super-pacs outgun obama
About 131,000 results (0.30 seconds)
lil buzzard ...
'chicken' hawk ...
vulture ...
Got it?
Yea, Lady, in a red shifted bubble world where 131 thousand outnumbers 22.2 million...in that world I get it. HERE, in he real world...not so much...
"I'm so dizzy, your world is spinning; Like a whirlpool, it never ends"..."

“I'll Build a Wall”

#94192 Apr 13, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let me clarify a couple of things. You know absolutely NOTHING about me. I do not have a wet nose, I am not a "shut" (LOL) and I most certainly do not "live on the internet". I have a life sweetheart and a very good one at that.
Now before calling me names when you know nothing about me other than I am obviously a Republican, get your facts straight.
hahaha, Not a shut? what do you need to know about honey? Wet?, Sticky? Sweet? It drips?

“I'll Build a Wall”

#94197 Apr 13, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
The jist of it:
Red lettered text in "Old Testament" are God's words.
Libtard!
Hey, Assistant Eraser Whacker Togetherer, God's who don't exist, don't have words...spare me you professorial bullshit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Greg May and Ray Jones Get Doug Sayers to R... 44 min Vikingettes 29
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 46 min Kyboy 2,071
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 1 hr -Prince- 7,204
Airport mobile home 1 hr PBX and greed 35
Former mayor and city utilities 2 hr Just sayin 26
Prestonsburg Football 2 hr alum 158
Those "Hohenecker's" (May '15) Mon Cory 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harold Mortgages