Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,481 - 76,500 of 81,595 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90914 Jul 17, 2013
The ads at the top of this thing are hilarious. One is about people "spying" on me. If they have nothing better to do than to "spy" at my old worn out arse, I hope to make it easy for them. LOL

The other is about checking my arrest records. I am in my 60s and have never been to jail except as a kid to go sing Gospel music to the prisoners. As if they did not have enough punishment already. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90915 Jul 17, 2013
Then there is all this crdit monitoring stuff. Why would I need to monitor something I don't need or use? That is about like all those companies that want to give me a discount on a security system if I let them put a sign on my lawn. Who would see it? I did have a kid come by here last month on a 4 wheeler. LOL
Anne

United States

#90916 Jul 17, 2013
Good Morning! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

It is bea-u-ti-ful today!! You pool divas will really enjoy that pool later. And AW you'll be headed for that creek! Hmmm. Maybe you could install a ceiling fan on a low hanging branch over your favorite swimming hole. Wouldn't that be just grand! Lol get a fan with those palm leaf blades!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#90917 Jul 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Then there is all this crdit monitoring stuff. Why would I need to monitor something I don't need or use? That is about like all those companies that want to give me a discount on a security system if I let them put a sign on my lawn. Who would see it? I did have a kid come by here last month on a 4 wheeler. LOL
Joy of solitude

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90918 Jul 17, 2013
Just another humid day here in Kentucky.
chili

United States

#90919 Jul 17, 2013
Well
Star chaser

United States

#90920 Jul 17, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hot ain't it?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90922 Jul 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Good Morning! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
It is bea-u-ti-ful today!! You pool divas will really enjoy that pool later. And AW you'll be headed for that creek! Hmmm. Maybe you could install a ceiling fan on a low hanging branch over your favorite swimming hole. Wouldn't that be just grand! Lol get a fan with those palm leaf blades!
I can jump in the creek or the water hose and run back in the house and sit under my 2 ceiling fans suspended down from the apex ceiling, or looks like I can wait about 30 more minutes and go stand out in the rain. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90923 Jul 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I can jump in the creek or the water hose and run back in the house and sit under my 2 ceiling fans suspended down from the apex ceiling, or looks like I can wait about 30 more minutes and go stand out in the rain. LOL
I've been thinking about finding a quarter like yours, I'd do a whole lot of that just skinny dipping. Lol. Sounds real nice. Bet that dog likes wading the creek and hose as well.
Faire eve' to All:) stay cool...cloudy day.
Anne

United States

#90924 Jul 17, 2013
Hmmmm. AW Just checked my local weather and no rain in sight... Then I checked Honolulu 's weather. It's raining there. Might you be in Honolulu ?
sigh. That would be nice!

The creeks I have are just piddling little things... It would be nice to have one that would float a little canoe... A creek like that would be loads of fun. We used to walk the creek making sure we hit all the water holes. we had a favorite clay cliff that we would slide down again snd again to the little water hole at the bottom of the cliff. Great summer fun!
Imposter

London, KY

#90925 Jul 17, 2013
I think I have seen my first drone today. I seen a little dot over the mountain and went in and got my binoculars and sure enough it was a little helicopter thing flying along the ridge line. I guess they're looking for pot patches or something. Amazing, some kid in the southwest was probably controlling that thing.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90926 Jul 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Hmmmm. AW Just checked my local weather and no rain in sight... Then I checked Honolulu 's weather. It's raining there. Might you be in Honolulu ?
sigh. That would be nice!
The creeks I have are just piddling little things... It would be nice to have one that would float a little canoe... A creek like that would be loads of fun. We used to walk the creek making sure we hit all the water holes. we had a favorite clay cliff that we would slide down again snd again to the little water hole at the bottom of the cliff. Great summer fun!
My rain did not develop. It was just a lot of thunder amd black clouds here in Central Kentucky near the Kentucky River and moved on out. So, no I am not in Honolulu and have no desire to be. LOL
save the gator

AOL

#90927 Jul 17, 2013
i have floated a boat down russel creek ,... it aint easy ,... but can be done
anonymous

Eddyville, KY

#90928 Jul 17, 2013
Interesting
SoItisTrue

Tampa, FL

#90929 Jul 17, 2013
Actions speak louder than words.
Anne

United States

#90930 Jul 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My rain did not develop. It was just a lot of thunder amd black clouds here in Central Kentucky near the Kentucky River and moved on out. So, no I am not in Honolulu and have no desire to be. LOL
I will admit that I do like the country side better than Honolulu. But that's the point I have selected for the weather updates.(Our niece lives there). There's plenty of farming land , cattle and trees over on the big island of Hawaii and I enjoy that. One thing for sure I couldn't afford living there. The winters here aren't the worst I've lived through and the older I get, the warmer I want the winters...lol. Come summertime and I prefer heading north, way north..for vacation.
Good Night and Sweet Dreams!
Anne

United States

#90931 Jul 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I think I have seen my first drone today. I seen a little dot over the mountain and went in and got my binoculars and sure enough it was a little helicopter thing flying along the ridge line. I guess they're looking for pot patches or something. Amazing, some kid in the southwest was probably controlling that thing.
That would be quite the thing to see! Wonder if any are floating around my neck oh the woods? Rather scary .
Ohh

Winchester, KY

#90932 Jul 17, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Scary
what now

United States

#90933 Jul 17, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Too muggy to sleep. I think I will go outside and make my rounds and wake up the animals and talk to them awhile. Poor things might think I done lost it. But then, they may be right! Hopefully cool off some anyways.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90934 Jul 18, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I do like the country side better than Honolulu. But that's the point I have selected for the weather updates.(Our niece lives there). There's plenty of farming land , cattle and trees over on the big island of Hawaii and I enjoy that. One thing for sure I couldn't afford living there. The winters here aren't the worst I've lived through and the older I get, the warmer I want the winters...lol. Come summertime and I prefer heading north, way north..for vacation.
Good Night and Sweet Dreams!
I have spent some time in the warmer winter climates and want no part of it. Roaches so big they choose to call them "water bugs" or "tree bugs". I would rather spend my final days sitting around the fireside here in Central Kentucky near the horse farms with painted fences. Then rolling hills, creeks, and rivers close by. PARADISE (when you get away from the cities and larger towns).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Jimbo 151,152
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min 62656sss 1,323
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min Khatru 130,494
rotator cuff 19 min Nurse 4
Sonny and Michelle Dales 28 min Concerned Neighbor 3
Grimes not speaking up coal 30 min Eff Coal 7
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 32 min Tigger 21,401
•••
•••
•••

Harold Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000