Tent City Harlingen

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Jun 20, 2011
I wanted to give a shout out to any and every journalist who continues to pursue this story to the point of journalistic abuse. Yes, you have shined a light on a segment of the population that arises curiosity in the rest of us. Yes, people keep tuning in for more updates on these "curiosities", these homeless squatters. But we're not dealing with a curious, bizarre kind of new wildlife that hit the area. We're dealing with people, with dignity, pride, and humility. And drug addiction. ANd mental illness. And many other qualities that make them choose the life they do. What Bill Reagan and all the news people don't realize is, there's a certain allure for them to have a nuetral place to go to to get "impaired" as much as they want, whenever they want. Or some of them need a place to go to hide from mainstream society for other reasons you and I can't understand. They like anonymity, they cherish it. And then some news reporter drives up with their spotlight and steals that anonymity right away from them, and FORCES mainstream society onto them. It's an unwanted invasion on these people's lives. Every time a new story comes out on the tent city people it's like the news is saying:

"LOOKIT-EM, LOOKIT-EM, LOOKIT-EM, LOOKIT-EM, they're HOMELESS...aren't they.........WEIRD? Yes they are, now let's keep the spotlight on them to see what they'll do next"

How dreadfully invasive. Leave these poor people alone, for Christs sake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlingen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Strike farts 989
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Wet farts 794
Priscilla Cantu Prissy Sep 29 benitosfinest 1
Who was shot last night? Aug '15 G Money 2
applebees (Feb '15) Aug '15 Jason 3
Rennee Gomez Jul '15 marivel 1
rims Jul '15 asdfhjjd 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlingen Mortgages