Piece of Cake by Ibarra's - disgracef...

Piece of Cake by Ibarra's - disgraceful service

Posted in the Harlingen Forum

Harlingen, TX

#1 Dec 29, 2011
I hate to be the wet blanket here, but somebody needs to speak up.

I was there a couple months ago and witnessed something that has really stuck with me.

A poor guy, meek and timid, was there buying a couple pieces of pan dulce.
Seemed the entire time he was there looking over what he wanted, the employees were looking at him with real disdain, eyes narrowed.
It all of the sudden donned on me that they don't like poor people in their place of business, only people who can afford orders of expensive cakes.

Anyways, this poor young man apparently had his mind set to eating his pan dulce at one of their tables, so he ordered a cup of their coffee.

The returned with this little 8 ounce styrofoam cup, barely halfway filled!!
And there wasn't even steam coming off it, it was cold. 86 cents, they told him. With that, he left the coffee and left the restaurant with his bread.

Shame on you, "Ibarra's". You have no right to treat somebody like dirt, just because they're not EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

Brownsville, TX

#2 Apr 5, 2012
Why didn't you just pay for his coffee for him?
Valley Money

Hempstead, TX

#3 Apr 12, 2015
They are my main place for cakes.... and I will tell you if you have a comment or an issue take it up with the owner instead of blasting a business that has been an asset to Harlingen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlingen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 3 Strike farts 989
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 3 Wet farts 794
Priscilla Cantu Prissy Sep 29 benitosfinest 1
Who was shot last night? Aug '15 G Money 2
applebees (Feb '15) Aug '15 Jason 3
Rennee Gomez Jul '15 marivel 1
rims Jul '15 asdfhjjd 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlingen Mortgages