TH Properties is back to building

Full story: The Morning Call

TH Properties has resumed work at three of its nearly completed Montgomery County housing developments that were abandoned after the company's abrupt April shutdown, signaling some progress in its federal bankruptcy case.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2009
Tom

Breinigsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

What about THP finishing the Whitfield Estates project in Breinigsville?
toni

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

so its ok to leave roads unfinished----sounds like another judge got paid off---isn't this why those bonds were put there--again it is F the consumer
Joke

Cranbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

7 houses out of 100s in various stages of completion. What a joke! Talk about peeing on a forest fire to put it out!

Who in their right minds would want a house exposed to the elements for a few months? The illegals there subs used didn't do the best work in the first place. Add water and....yikes.

And what buyers who haven't been caught in THP hades would ever even consider buying a house from these deadbeats?

Too much money spent on flashy cars.

The Hendricks Brothers deserve jail, not $2000 a week. Sick.
Hendricks are crooks

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

That is great that they get paid, but what about the past "employees" that worked 3 weeks before they closed their doors that still didn't get paid for their valuable time?
Oh My

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

"President W. Todd Hendricks and Vice President Timothy Hendricks, both of whom will collect $2,000 a week as well as a health insurance allowance",

WOW, Someone for sure is in someone's pocket with this deal for sure...I'm quite sure both of these Moron's collected ALOT more than that they should be making things right WITHOUT PAY!!!
The Homeowners should have a chat with these 2 dopes..
Funny how Lower Mac is going after the 3.1 million while Upper Mac sits one their butts doing NOTHING as usual....Meanwhile there are still tore up roads UNFINISHED here in UPPER MAC due to these 2 IDIOTS!!!
WTF

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Ok, what about the mudpit in the Northgate development? How long before they finish that?

“Howdy, Ya'll!”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Oh My wrote:
"President W. Todd Hendricks and Vice President Timothy Hendricks, both of whom will collect $2,000 a week as well as a health insurance allowance",
WOW, Someone for sure is in someone's pocket with this deal for sure...I'm quite sure both of these Moron's collected ALOT more than that they should be making things right WITHOUT PAY!!!
The Homeowners should have a chat with these 2 dopes..
Funny how Lower Mac is going after the 3.1 million while Upper Mac sits one their butts doing NOTHING as usual....Meanwhile there are still tore up roads UNFINISHED here in UPPER MAC due to these 2 IDIOTS!!!
I'm not in a THP development, so this isn't my battle to fight. But, I would say that the Upper Mac supervisors have had the THP debacle on their agenda for monthly meetings, so they are addressing this issue. I've found the supervisors to be pretty darned responsive here in Upper Mac if citizens get involved and ask for help. Don't give up hope yet, just write to the supervisors or go to the township meetings, or both. They will definitely engage in a conversation with you about the issues. Good luck!
Upper Mac Resident

Havertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

2 comments. First, I live next to the THP's Whitfield Estates and have a clear view of a few of the houses that were in the middle of construction. One of them is easily a $400K home that has sat for the past 3 months or so with plywood on the walls and the tar paper on the roof. All of that material is going to need to be replaced. If not, mold will become a major issue. I hope whoever has that house on deposit is making sure that is taken care of. I am sure that isnt the only house like that in their list of unfinished homes.

Second item. They were paid last year approx.$150K. Now this year they run this company into the ground and don't pay any of their subcontractors. What do they get in return. They still haven't paid their subs and they get to collect $130K for salary. That sounds real fair. The company is a S Corp I believe, so even after they collect these salaries, they still have the ability to make even more money by collecting on profits (unlikely) or taking distributions from the company.

THP needs to stop marketing like they are Apple or Ikea and start realizing that a few billboards and word of mouth of quality constructed homes will take care of your marketing plan.
Oh My

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

MonkeyMomma wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in a THP development, so this isn't my battle to fight. But, I would say that the Upper Mac supervisors have had the THP debacle on their agenda for monthly meetings, so they are addressing this issue. I've found the supervisors to be pretty darned responsive here in Upper Mac if citizens get involved and ask for help. Don't give up hope yet, just write to the supervisors or go to the township meetings, or both. They will definitely engage in a conversation with you about the issues. Good luck!
Sometimes Yes they are responsive. However last summer when a road was closed ALL SUMMER forcing residents of another development to use a cow path dirt road in and out of thier homes NOT FAIR TO THEM..and when completed half azzed and still not finished.. When speaking with the Township and THP all they and THP did was point fingers at each other say "NOT US IT'S THEM" Passing the buck back and forth..
Dave

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Has anyone heard anything about Deluca Homes? I heard rumors of bankruptcy.
bethlehem mom

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

I think it is horrendous what upper Hanover township is allowing to continue in the Northgate development in Pennsburg. There is broken glass, all kinds of debris, wood, bricks, pavers, etc. all over the place. I feel sorry for the few residents who have moved into phase 3. There is stagnant water everywhere. Birds have moved into the interior of the homes that are not finished, yes living inside the homes. Hanover twsp should stop seeing the dollar signs and get this builder to finish what he started. I say no more extensions, get down to business. The Hendricks brothers are now back on the payroll so make them straighten out the whole mess they created. It's disgusting.
bethlehem mom

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

And, to continue, as for the mudpit in Northgate, there is more than one. It also remains as it was when THP decided to close it's doors without notice. There is that red clay dirt everywhere. All over the siding, all over the front porches and floating in the air. What is going to take? Some going back there to play and drowning becaue he fell in the lake? Yes, there is a lake in phase III. There are also many stagnant pools of water back there that are green with algae right now. Oh boy, just wait till the mosquitos lay their eggs. These guys do deserve jail, not a salary. The judges that continully grant these guys extensions should be sitting in the cell right next to them.
Taxed Again

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Joke wrote:
7 houses out of 100s in various stages of completion. What a joke! Talk about peeing on a forest fire to put it out!
Who in their right minds would want a house exposed to the elements for a few months? The illegals there subs used didn't do the best work in the first place. Add water and....yikes.
And what buyers who haven't been caught in THP hades would ever even consider buying a house from these deadbeats?
Too much money spent on flashy cars.
The Hendricks Brothers deserve jail, not $2000 a week. Sick.
Well said. Maybe all the illeagle Mexican's took a cut in pay
Oh My

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Don't you all worry THP will open under another name inside of 6 months you just watch...

Next time you talk to a builder ask them how long they have been in business and under how many different names.. You would be amazed at some of the answers if they don't throw you out first.. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harleysville Discussions

Search the Harleysville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Big Daddy 3,812
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Wed More Settled Science 51,184
Debbie Hill Indian crest junior high. class of ... Jun '14 joseph Giering 1
Pa. jail guard charged with female inmate sex a... (Dec '13) May '14 Peter Gozinya 2
Two-Alarm Fire Rips Through Antique Store - Reg... (Mar '11) May '14 Michael McIntyre 17
Collegiate Academy, McDowell finish second, thi... Mar '14 MrStinkyTheSkunk 2
Review: On The Spot Party Services Feb '14 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

Harleysville News Video

•••
•••

Harleysville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••